more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Motspur Park Tour update

Started by Burt, May 23, 2012, 01:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

The Equalizer

I'm really keen to get involved with this too, but I'm not sure if my missus will still be around on that day. Let me confirm and get back to you as soon as I can.

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

elgreenio

is it definitely going to be the Monday? booking half day at work now

Was there any stipulation on how many people have to attend for it to happen?
touch my camera through the fence

Burt

Quote from: ~lork on May 23, 2012, 08:31:26 PM
can deffo do the 12th, on the 11th what time is likely we'll do it at and what time is kick off?

The time will be 3:30 to 5pm...

Burt

Quote from: elgreenio on May 24, 2012, 12:57:09 PM
is it definitely going to be the Monday? booking half day at work now

Was there any stipulation on how many people have to attend for it to happen?

No stipulation on numbers. I guess if we hit the hundreds then they may have a problem with that  :dft011:

Berserker

Burt can't PM you with detail at the mo as on train, but will when i get home. Can u put me down for myself plus one other. ta ps how much are the tickets?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

Quote from: Berserker on May 24, 2012, 10:10:50 PM
Burt can't PM you with detail at the mo as on train, but will when i get home. Can u put me down for myself plus one other. ta ps how much are the tickets?

No tickets... The club have suggested we each make a donation to the Fulham Foundation...

Berserker

Do we do that through the Offal website?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

Good question... Not sure about that. I'll ask the club and get back to you.

Rupert

Quote from: Burt on May 24, 2012, 10:34:35 PM

A collection on the day may be a better idea, it shows that we have actually coughed up. What sort of donation are we looking at? I wouldn't want to be the only one stuffing a tenner into the tin while everyone else is sticking in twenties, or vice-versa.
Also, will any of the FoF admin people be coming? I said, way back when, that this would be an ideal opportunity for those of us who have an irrational distrust of Paypal to make a donation to the upkeep of this site (probably best taken after we've left the training ground, so nobody at Fulham thinks anything underhand is going on).
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Supermitch

Quote from: Rupert on May 25, 2012, 08:39:38 AM
Quote from: Burt on May 24, 2012, 10:34:35 PM

A collection on the day may be a better idea, it shows that we have actually coughed up. What sort of donation are we looking at? I wouldn't want to be the only one stuffing a tenner into the tin while everyone else is sticking in twenties, or vice-versa.

Good idea - I'd have thought a tenner to be a reasonable donation to the FFC foundation

Alternative

Quote from: Burt on May 23, 2012, 01:22:01 PM
I am proposing MONDAY 11 JUNE, so that once the tour has been completed we can retire to a local boozer to take in the England v. France match.

Not many local boozers in walking distance. Earl Beatty by the rail station is probably closest. Never looks that appealing. Letters fell off the pub name and were left for ages. Now, above another door, there is a banner with the pub name instead of a proper sign.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Alternative on May 25, 2012, 11:57:50 AM
Quote from: Burt on May 23, 2012, 01:22:01 PM
I am proposing MONDAY 11 JUNE, so that once the tour has been completed we can retire to a local boozer to take in the England v. France match.

Not many local boozers in walking distance. Earl Beatty by the rail station is probably closest. Never looks that appealing. Letters fell off the pub name and were left for ages. Now, above another door, there is a banner with the pub name instead of a proper sign.
I think thats the pub a load of us Fofers went to after the meet Bullard thing, nothing wrong with the boozer.

SouthfieldWhite

I've done numerous charity football event at Motspur park and have always asked for donations to give to the Foundation, not sure how much I asked when Fulham Surrey supporters played Fulham Middlesex supporters, I didn't even charge for reffereeing ;-)

I think as others have said that a tenner each is about fair

As for the Earl Beatty, nothing wrong with the pub, there's not really any others within walking distance

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on May 25, 2012, 04:06:13 PM
I've done numerous charity football event at Motspur park and have always asked for donations to give to the Foundation, not sure how much I asked when Fulham Surrey supporters played Fulham Middlesex supporters, I didn't even charge for reffereeing ;-)

I think as others have said that a tenner each is about fair

As for the Earl Beatty, nothing wrong with the pub, there's not really any others within walking distance
You was better being the twelve man for them when reffing than you was when you came on as sub, without taking anyone off to be the twelve player for them. I was of corse MOM for the mighty Middx and scored a forty yard screamer  :015: What was the score ? 25-0 or there abouts and we only had 10 men. The North of the river reigns supreme againt the posh Surreyites  :59:

SouthfieldWhite

Fredster how many more times, I'm from London not Surrey so was impartial , my revving was superb if I say so my self although I did use up 2 pencils writing each goal down  096.gig
I admit I did come on with ten mins to go as it was real painful seeing goal after goal go in

Think you'll have to admit I did help keep the score down as you had to put 4 men on me to try to stop me. Even with 4 men I think you'll have to admit I was still the best player out there

Anyway I don't think Surrey had any more ringers, unlike Middlesex who had a team full of ringers, as for the Yank, well I won't mention that  starsnstripes

earlbeatty

leonffc

My +1 is on a school trip and I'm struggling to get time off (I'm on a late shift that week and unsuprisingly people don't want to swap as England are playing).
I still want to come but if needs be, plan with out me Burt. I'll keep trying though.

elgreenio

afternoon booked off work so count me in.
touch my camera through the fence