it showz e cares'

EJL

Quote from: mr_ska on May 23, 2012, 07:01:36 PM
This is a real response i lifted from wearetherangersboys.com    ha ha ha

'Wut he dun showed reel pashun and showed he iz a ranger

it showz e cares'

Just inspirational fans. Wish we could be more like them  080.gif

OtterFFC

Fair play to the FA, the punishment, actually fits the crime for once.

Mitch

valdeingruo

If Terry gets anything less i will have lost all faith in the FA.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Berserker

Yes i hope this sets a bench mark and they are not just singling Barton out because he doesn't play for a big club
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SmithyFFC

He'll probably get it down to about 8 on appeal to be fair. Surely he won't be at QPR at the start of the season either way?
FTID

Keefy

All men deserve a second chance and a measure of campassion. As I said, all men, so I guess that counts Barton out. In my opinion he got off lightly. He should have been charged with common assault, with the emphasis on common. To call him a moron would be wrong, but he clearly has a serious mental problem.

Oiseau

I'm going to play devil's advocate and say that if Barton got banned for twelve matches, Suarez's ban was far, far too short. I don't understand how racial abuse (something which the FA is trying to stamp out and so needed to set a precedent) gets a lesser sentence than violent conduct...?

RidgeRider

Quote from: Oiseau on May 23, 2012, 08:50:06 PM
I'm going to play devil's advocate and say that if Barton got banned for twelve matches, Suarez's ban was far, far too short. I don't understand how racial abuse (something which the FA is trying to stamp out and so needed to set a precedent) gets a lesser sentence than violent conduct...?

Agreed. Least they got this one right. That's progress I think.

bill taylors apprentice

Now is the time for decisive action, any decent employer would dismiss a member of staff for less than Barton did.

Qpr, after following the letter of the law should sack him and after consultation with the rest of the premier league all clubs will stick together  by not picking him up when his ban finishes.

In addition, the premier league clubs should support Qpr if there is any legal action from Barton following his sacking  

finnster01

Quote from: Oiseau on May 23, 2012, 08:50:06 PM

Because being called a negro does not put a career in danger. Violent conduct does, especially when the perpetrator is a convicted felon with a history of repeated offenses.

Barton should be banned for the season in my opinion. I hope the club gets rid of him (they can) but with that classy outfit I'm not holding my breath.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Riversider

Barton picks up £12 million if they sack him or £80k a week until the end of October, whilest not playing if they dont, seems the only winner out of this is Joey Barton !

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Riversider on May 23, 2012, 09:50:18 PM
Barton picks up £12 million if they sack him or £80k a week until the end of October, whilest not playing if they dont, seems the only winner out of this is Joey Barton !

Surely the club will give him a massive fine?!
FTID

Burt

Quote from: Riversider on May 23, 2012, 09:50:18 PM

Never seen a football contract but I would assume that they would have the ability to terminate on grounds of gross misconduct, disrepute, etc?

MJG

I fully expect Barton to be released (paid off) or at least on a cheap transfer.
Either way I suspect he will be kicking poo out of people under the management of a Mr T Pulis before long.

finnster01

Exactly Mr Burt.

If one of my employees would be prevented from working for a third of the year due to suspensions due to violent conduct and out of my control, he would be looking for another job immediately and there wouldn't be a lawyer in the US being able to do anything about it.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Riversider

If a red card was a sacking offence nobody would ever tackle again would they ? 2 week fine is the best QPHa can do , Gordon Taylor will be all over this protecting Joey , bear in mind that scum like Lee Hughes, Jermain Pennant and Marlon King are still allowed to play football and you can see that Barton is quite secure with his £12 million pound contract ,
The biggest crime commited in this sorry tale is the fact that Neil Warnock was allowed to dish out £80k a week on a 4 year contract to such a poor player .

Walsh