News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Strange thing, have you ever heard of anything like this?

Started by finnster01, May 23, 2012, 09:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NogoodBoyo

Eat with both hands (left-handed with knife and fork, right or left with spoon).
I played cricket leftie - bowled, batted and threw.
I played football with my right leg and a poor left.
I write right.
I speak right and left (out of both corners of my mouth).
I play golf left-handed.
I'm left eye dominant.
I'm left and right in politics *(left of centre on social; right to middle on finances leaning more left post 2008 where the power of markets was shown to be neither right nor prudent).
Nogood "handily confused, isit" Boyo

ealex40

I guess the French choice of words for 'right' and 'left' show what they think of lefties:

left = gauche, the same word in english =  lacking social grace, sensitivity, or acuteness; awkward; crude; tactless:

right = droit, the basis for the english word 'adroit' = having or showing skill, cleverness, or resourcefulness in handling situations

sipwell

Quote from: ealex40 on May 24, 2012, 09:34:15 PM

I guess the French choice of words for 'right' and 'left' show what they think of lefties:

left = gauche, the same word in english =  lacking social grace, sensitivity, or acuteness; awkward; crude; tactless:

right = droit, the basis for the english word 'adroit' = having or showing skill, cleverness, or resourcefulness in handling situations

I would say that the exact word for ability with hands is droit and maladroit. That word incidentally also means clumsy.

The smudging ink reason is one explanation. Another - especially in Catholic countries - is that your left hand is the hand of the devil. You make your cross with your right (Satanists do it with their left) and so many other rituals (I don't think kings were allowed to pick up their scepter with their left hand). So, if you can write with your left, your writing might be inspired by the devil. Better stop that from the start.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

RidgeRider

Quote from: Blingo on May 24, 2012, 07:40:25 AM
It's a type of suppression because lefties are so superior in terms of intelligence ;p

agreed!!!!

the only thing I do right handed is golf and start the car!  :011:

TheDaddy

Im 100% right handed unless it goes numb  :005:

Mind you saying that i had no problem as a youth going south paw in boxing .
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Berserker

Wasn't it in medieval times in the UK and other countries in the East now, that you only use  with yr right hand for eating and yr other hand for everything else, for health reasons/cleanliness reasons, so as not to pick dirt and put it in yr mouth. This had to be followed so left handed people had to learn to eat with their right hand whatever
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.