https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (25/05/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 25, 2012, 07:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: WhiteJC on May 25, 2012, 01:27:13 PM

Fulham re-signs Aussie teen

Exciting young striker Corey Gameiro has been re-signed with English Premier League club Fulham.

One of Australian football's brightest prospects Gameiro joins Socceroos goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer at the Cottagers on his second pro contract until the end of 2012-2013.

The 19-year-old from NSW said he was hoping to be the next Australian to make an impact in English football.

"They say it is hard to get your first contract and even harder to get your second so I'm really happy with where I am at," Gameiro said.

"Being in the footballing environment at a Premier League club has been such a great opportunity. And as hard as I have worked to get where I am, I know I have to work even harder from here."

Gameiro, who was the youngest member of Australia's squad at the FIFA Under-20 World Cup in Colombia last year, said Schwarzer had been a big influence on his career.

"Mark Schwarzer is everything a young player going to a Premiership club could ask for," he said.

"He is not only a great role model, but a friend too. He is always happy to take the time out to have a chat, to give you advice and he has so many contacts in the game.

"He has done so much in the game, but he still works so hard on improving himself. He is 39 but he is still at the gym every day."

Gameiro has returned home to Port Kembla for the break in the English Premier League and will resume training with Fulham in early July.

Gameiro is likely to be put on loan to a Championship or League One side in the early part of the new season to further his development.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/aussies-abroad/news/1106421/Fulham-re-signs-Aussie-teen?
this was on the offal last week
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

WhiteJC

Fulham raising interest in departing Wigan anchorman

In addition to the growing list of clubs already associated with a move for the player, Fulham are the latest Premier League side said to be taking a look at signing Mohamed Diamé.

The defensive midfielder will be available on a free transfer this summer as he looks set to leave Wigan Athletic.

Diamé has seen a reduction in playing time over the second half of the season due to his fleeting allegiance to the Latics but is still a proven anchorman in the English top flight.

Even with recent omissions, the Senegalese international has made 30 appearances for Wigan this season, scoring three goals in the process.

Martin Jol has insisted that a supposed exodus of players at Craven Cottage will not be taking place and that he intends to keep hold of his best players such as Clint Dempsey and Moussa Dembélé.

However, there are those looking likely to leave the West London outfit with Dickson Etuhu reportedly heading for the exit.

Current midfield enforcer, Mahamadou Diarra, has just penned a contract extension that will keep him at the club until next summer but his aging legs may not be as reliable for that entire term.

Reports suggest that Arsenal, Newcastle, Tottenham and Liverpool are also interested in signing Diamé but that Malaga are currently at the top of the list of possible suitors.

With so many teams currently circling the free agent, the Cottagers certainly face a tough task in landing the middleman.

That being said, the Mohamed Al-Fayed funded club may see the nominal transfer sum as a reason to go after the 24 year-old, butting heads with some of Europe's giants along the way.

Manchester United were supposedly interested in signing Diamé at one point but pulled out due to a heart condition that the midfielder has.

http://www.squeakybumtime.com/premiership/6506/fulham-diame-anchorman/