Main Menu

Fulham Linked With Icelandic Striker Bjorn Bergmann Sigurdarson

Started by White Noise, May 24, 2012, 10:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Hot shot Sigurdarson draws a blank in front of Premier League scouts

By Sportsmail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 20:39, 24 May 2012 | UPDATED: 20:39, 24 May 2012

A host of Premier League club scouts were in Lillestrom last night to check out Icelandic striker Bjorn Bergmann Sigurdarson, 21.

The £4m-rated forward has scored 11 goals in as many games in Norway this season.

Interest: Evertob boss David Moyes

Everton, Sunderland, Reading, Fulham and Ipswich were all present to see him in a 0-0 draw with Aalesund

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2149511/Bjorn-Sigurdarson-watched-Everton-Sunderland-Reading-Fulham-Ipswich.html#ixzz1vpDCAOBS

Burt

If it was the Swansea dude with the similar name then YES PLEASE!!

EJL

Think this could be worth the gamble. Quick, powerful and knows where the goal is.

HatterDon

maybe we'll be third time lucky with Bjorns. Runstrom and Riise minor were significant disappointments.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MrFantastic

We need a fast player in the front look for speed that is it.
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

White Noise

This was the original story from end of April -

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4158639/Football-Confidential-Latest-news-in-brief-from-across-English-football.html

READING are battling Everton and Fulham to sign Bjorn Bergmann Sigurdarson.

Royals boss Brian McDermott is lining up a £1million bid for the Iceland striker, 21, who plays for Norway side Lillestrom.

White Noise

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/wolves-beat-everton-sigurdarson-3227281?utm_source=taxonomy_landing_page

Wolves to beat Everton for Sigurdarson

Submitted by tribalfootball.com on Sat, 06/09/2012 - 07:43

Wolves are set to win the battle for Lillestrom striker Bjorn Bergmann Sigurdarson.

Everton and Fulham have also been chasing the Iceland international.

The Sun says Wolves are closing in on £3million-rated Lillestrom striker Sigurdarson.

New boss Stale Solbakken is set to raid his former club to make Sigurdarson, 21, his first signing since arriving at Molineux last month.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I thought he was pretty much a Wolves player? I think he came across as a really level headed bloke and said he would prefer the Championship to the Premier League to get settled?

MasterHaynes

Patently another fairy story started by his agent or WOlves PR team to big him up and papers looking to fill their rumour column., Premier league teams supposedly chasing him to sign yet he still signs for Wolves??  He signs for a championship team who have just appointed his ex manager and are about to sell some of there best players like Jarvis, you tell me who is pulling who's leg???

Mr Fulham

Eh? Intelligent move by the young man....despite Premier League interest.

And why the hell would Wolves big him up before they've sealed the deal? You are talking utter nonsense here, Sir.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 10, 2012, 01:21:01 PM

And why the hell would Wolves big him up before they've sealed the deal? You are talking utter nonsense here, Sir.

So Wolves fans will accept that this a great deal and compensation for losing many of their best players like Jarvis , Fletcher etc?
GIve them the choice Sigurdsson or Fletcher I know who they would prefer. No one really heard anyting about him until this transfer window apart from their new manager, who also no one knew anything about, both unproven in any level in England. I think the Wolves owner has his PR team working overtime after his last great decision to dump McCarthy in February really worked out well.

The King

Quote from: MasterHaynes on June 10, 2012, 01:41:39 PMGIve them the choice Sigurdsson or Fletcher I know who they would prefer. No one really heard anyting about him until this transfer window apart from their new manager, who also no one knew anything about, both unproven in any level in England.

You might not know about them, but to assume that no one had ever heard of them is a bit thick.

Matt Inglis

I love this guy! If we signed him we'd get the double boost of a good player and idiots from elsewhere thinking we'd signed that guy who did well at Swansea last season.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: The King on June 10, 2012, 02:10:16 PM
Quote from: MasterHaynes on June 10, 2012, 01:41:39 PMGIve them the choice Sigurdsson or Fletcher I know who they would prefer. No one really heard anyting about him until this transfer window apart from their new manager, who also no one knew anything about, both unproven in any level in England.

You might not know about them, but to assume that no one had ever heard of them is a bit thick.
did youknow about a 21 year old playing for for a team in the lower half of the league in Norway. I'm sure all the scouts were over there queing up. Your assumption that he is some great find is questionable to say the least. If you have to resort to personal insults to try and force your opinion on others then you have already lost the argument.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: MasterHaynes on June 10, 2012, 01:41:39 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 10, 2012, 01:21:01 PM

So Wolves fans will accept that this a great deal and compensation for losing many of their best players like Jarvis , Fletcher etc?
GIve them the choice Sigurdsson or Fletcher I know who they would prefer. No one really heard anyting about him until this transfer window apart from their new manager, who also no one knew anything about, both unproven in any level in England. I think the Wolves owner has his PR team working overtime after his last great decision to dump McCarthy in February really worked out well.

They haven't lost their best players yet?

White Noise

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/sunderland-fulham-reading-all-keen-lillestrom-striker-sigurdarson-3245621?utm_source=taxonomy_landing_page

Sunderland, Fulham, Reading all keen on Lillestrom striker Sigurdarson

Submitted by tribalfootball.com on Sun, 06/17/2012 - 10:47

Premier League clubs are queuing for Lillestrom striker Bjorn Bergmann Sigurdarson.

Icelandic scoring sensation Sigurdarson, watched by a host of top clubs, claims the Norway giants are forcing him to stay.

He tweeted: "Just had a meeting with the board, forcing me to stay! Mentally broken! Want to leave."

Everton checked on Sigurdarson, 21, recently and Wolves have been widely tipped to sign him.

Sunderland, Fulham, Reading, Cardiff, Ipswich and Belgian big guns Anderlecht have also been credited with an interest in the £3million-rated striker, says the Daily Star Sunday.

He is the half-brother of former Huddersfield midfielder Joey Gudjonsson, 32.