watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

£1600 to surf a flag at Wembley

Started by Mr_Moon, May 25, 2012, 01:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Moon

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=69056#ixzz1vpoTBerb

Here's a thread on a Huddersfield Town forum about a fan's problems with taking his flag into Wembley for their playoff final game against Sheffield United on Saturday.

...... eventually you have to draw the line......For the last 4 days i've been in e-mail and telephone contact with Wembley National Stadium Ltd and then ultimately Bryony Knight at the Football Association Ltd with regards taking in my Big Blue Flag(with full n proper fire certificate) shown below..i'm informed it's too big for me to take through the turnstile with me as the maximum size in height or width is 2.5m so as not to permanently obstruct anybodys view...fair enough i say so can i give it to an official who can then pass it back to me so i can surf it over the crowd as i did at Old Trafford(Got some great pics)....the answer was sorry....no...it's not big enough...for it to be successfully surfed?? it needs to be a minimum of 12m x 12m...what??...so i can't take it then?.....the answer.....eerrmm well yes you can....ring Event Management 360 and arrange to give it to them on the day....they will take the flag before the game and carefully pass it into the Town fans at the halfway line and monitor the safe'surfing' across the crowd to the opposite halfway line...when they will then retrieve the flag for me to collect after the game......right OK i say...anything else...errmm yes....ring 0208 449 5511 and they will confirm the fee for carrying this death defying feat out....fee...fee.... ...Ok i say...with what i've already paid out it'l be worth another £20 just for the pics.......I've just come off the phone with Carly at Event 360....she is going to confirm the fee by e-mail...but said it will be approximately........£600.....I stayed calm...because i want the e-mail to frame down at Millbridge HQ.

E-Mail received.....The results are in for the total cost for Event 360 to oversee the surfing of the Big Blue Flag....are you sitting comfortably.....then i shall begin.....
8 man local cew...................£700
1 man Event 360 crew.........£250
Substinence(refreshments).£ 45
Radio Control.......................£ 45
Car Parking........................£ 83.25
Total....................................£1123.25

Plus Event 360 fee@20%.....£224.65

Sub Total.............................£1347.90

Plus VAT = Grand Total of....£1617.48

It's printed and ready for framing...

Wembley..........very expensive.....taking your flag in........PRICELESS!!!

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=69056#ixzz1vptQLBuH

fulhamben

this is disgusting. but surely a flag of this size could be folded in such a way that it was possible to sneak in.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

LBNo11

...a total rip-off, and no wonder the 'people at the top' are held in such disregard. Apart from anything those costs must be day rates, and what is the legitimacy of them charging every fan who wants to bring a large flag the same costs for a process that must take no more than 30 minutes in real time.

The authorities have no understanding of what things like this mean to a fan, and if they have they should be ashamed that things like this are happening.

His biggest mistake was to be honest and ask a genuine question so as not to cause disruption, whereas the best way would have been to say nothing and take it wrapped around himself and take it off in the ground without letting the money grabbing charlatans know...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC