watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jack Butland chosen over Stockdale

Started by Chutney, May 25, 2012, 10:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chutney

Shows how much Hodgson rates Stockdale. Haven't started a post in donkeys years but I was so shocked by this that I thought it necessary. Maybe I am over reacting and This Butland lad is the next big thing, but surely Roy has the experience to be able to learn from previous mistakes, for example Walcott when he was only 17 going to a major tournament, didn't pay off in my eyes.

Feel bad for Stockdale, Can't be a good feeling when you are behind a league 2 goalkeeper in the pecking order, Hopefully he can really show his best next year, I can see him getting a lot more playing time with Schwazers age.

000en.gif
C O Y W

Oiseau

I agree - Stockdale is a talented keeper and he does deserve international duty. There are a lot of very good goalkeepers in the Premiership at the moment, though. Perhaps the issue is that realistically Stockdale is unlikely to ever become England's number one keeper. With his age, Butland has a greater chance of filling that role and experience of a competition like the EURO's could do him some good. It's upsetting for Stockdale, though. I can't see him wanting to stay with us playing second string while he continues to be passed over. He deserves a starting place.

This interview was Butland was quite interesting. He seems very level headed.

"Early Days"