watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

BBC Blue Peter - Dr Who competition

Started by NorthernWhite, May 25, 2012, 03:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernWhite

I'm not sure if any on here ever watch Dr Who but my daughter and 2 friends decided to enter a script to screen competition with the winner getting the chance to have their script made into a 3 minute episode. The 3 of them worked every night for 2 hours on the script for 2 weeks after school and were lucky enough to win the competition.

They had a fantastic time 2 weeks ago filming the episode and Blue Peter showed them getting involved with the making of the programme and being interviewed. Apparently Matt Smith (who allegedly plays the Dr) was fantastic with the kids and they had great fun. It was a great opportunity for them all and yesterday, they had a call to say the BBC wanted to come into the school and interview for live local TV and could they could and watch the episode live on set.

If you are interested, it's on I Player now and BBC 1 today at 4:30.

Lighthouse

Thrilling stuff,congrats to them all.

Mind you nobody can replace William Hartnell as the true Doctor.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Equalizer

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 25, 2012, 03:45:58 PM

Tom Baker did. Best Doc ever.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Rupert

:clap_hands:

Well done to them, you never know, this could be the start of something big...

By the way, do yourself a favour and watch a few episodes, it got very dark last year, along with the occasional "silly" episode (it is supposed to be for kids) and Smith makes a superb Doctor. It's just a shame the Ponds are leaving.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Lighthouse

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 25, 2012, 03:47:31 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on May 25, 2012, 03:45:58 PM

Tom Baker did. Best Doc ever.

Oh please. Popular choice but really over the top. No the much maligned Colin Baker was better but had awful scripts.

Sorry Northern White but blame your daughter and her friends for disturbing The WHO is best debate.  fp.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope