EJL

Kuqi for Mellor ... or was Kuqi just reeeeally muscly

finnster01

Quote from: EJL on May 25, 2012, 04:12:49 PM
Kuqi for Mellor ... or was Kuqi just reeeeally muscly

Excellent shout. How could I miss that  :032:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

Jim Stannard or even Stockers.  Ooops scratch Stannard i've just reread the title post about Prem  fp.gif

FatFreddysCat

Who was the scouse forward , Quinn??? had a tache and a belly.

CorkedHat

We've had a few in this category playing for Fulham. You have to go back to the fifties for John Chenhall, then there was Johnny Byrne but more recently Jim Stannard.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 25, 2012, 04:20:54 PM
Jim Stannard or even Stockers.

The Tony Pulis and Gillingham connection makes me ignore Jim Stannard in all Select XI. Stockers could get a spot on the bench though, but he certainly is no Neville Southall yet... Imaging the big Welshman in a Kappa shirt...Oh dear?

CorkedHat

Talking about Byrne – I was at a match when the ball went into the crowd. When it didn't come back the opposition right half yelled at the crowd where the ball had disappeared, 'Where's the ball?" A voice from the throng replied, "It looks as though Johnny Byrne has swallowed it"

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 25, 2012, 04:22:11 PM
Who was the scouse forward , Quinn??? had a tache and a belly.

Micky Quinn I think. Played for Pompey/Newcastle and Coventry. A real fat barsteward he was:

CorkedHat

They are all midgets when compared with William "Fatty" Foulke who in the early 20th century played for that team up the road. He tipped the scales at 24 stone. Don't ask me to convert that to kilos or pounds but it's bloody heavy

GoldCoastWhite

JAR before his stint at Weight Watchers  yee-haw!

finnster01

Quote from: CorkedHat on May 25, 2012, 04:35:51 PM
They are all midgets when compared with William "Fatty" Foulke who in the early 20th century played for that team up the road. He tipped the scales at 24 stone. Don't ask me to convert that to kilos or pounds but it's bloody heavy

This photo is from BEFORE he joined Chelsea... :005: In his Sheffield Utd strip:

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: finnster01 on May 25, 2012, 04:53:36 PM

This photo is from BEFORE he joined Chelsea... :005: In his Sheffield Utd strip:

Is that Butterbean's great granddad ?

jarv

Mickey Quinn.... his book is actually a very good read. Not the usual repetitive nonsense but post football, he was broke (gambled it all away) and had to work his way up from the bottom in horse racing. The 2nd half of the book was dedicated to that, very interesting.

HatterDon

I thought vertical stripes made you look slimmer.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

EJL

Quote from: HatterDon on May 25, 2012, 06:23:50 PM

Not with Mike Ashley ;)

alfie

Quote from: HatterDon on May 25, 2012, 06:23:50 PM

I don't know if you are aware of a tv program over here called QI (means quite interesting) and they say the exact opposite, if you want to look slimmer do not wear vertical stripes, in fact you are more likely to look slimmer wearing circular patterns (although not in my case)
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Ron Sheepskin

Presumably it goes without saying that the manager should be the salad dodger in chief, Allardyce.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.