watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jordan Rhodes Can Go For £8m

Started by White Noise, May 25, 2012, 10:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Rhodes didn't do a lot today. Had United won the penalty shoot-out, Huddersfield would have crawled to us begging for that 3.5 million. Now, he's probably worth 5m in the market. The question is whether Huddersfield can get away with selling him now that they're promoted.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulhamben

Quote from: HatterDon on May 26, 2012, 06:30:01 PM
Rhodes didn't do a lot today. Had United won the penalty shoot-out, Huddersfield would have crawled to us begging for that 3.5 million. Now, he's probably worth 5m in the market. The question is whether Huddersfield can get away with selling him now that they're promoted.
did you see the match. town were the better team and rhodes still looked shocking. no way they will get 5 mil for him. he is not really even a youngster
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Maidstone Al

If that performance is anything to go by , then he will struggle in the championship . So now would probably be a good time to sell while his stock is high rather than risk his value dropping sharply if he has a poor start to next season . 

Blingo

Quote from: mr_ska on May 26, 2012, 06:04:09 PM
8 million is too much for a player not tested in the Premiership...  at 3.5m  it would of been worth the risk..

3.5 MAX +1

sunburywhite

I thought the special one lad Keen had agood game, looked skilfull and was full of running for Sheffield and teh right back for Hudderfiels Hunt had a good game

Rhodes had a chance to out pace a centre back and didnt have the speed
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

HatterDon

Quote from: fulhamben on May 26, 2012, 06:37:27 PM
did you see the match. town were the better team and rhodes still looked shocking. no way they will get 5 mil for him. he is not really even a youngster

Yes, I did see the match. I think that when people value a player, the 40 goals he scored this season might just outweigh the one goal he didn't score today.

fulhamben

Quote from: HatterDon on May 26, 2012, 07:10:41 PM

Yes, I did see the match. I think that when people value a player, the 40 goals he scored this season might just outweigh the one goal he didn't score today.
whats goals got to dowith it. he was leading the line and was shocking. the 40 goals he scored just shows how much of a drop in quality there is in the lower leagues. you cant honestly tell me you would be happy with him leading our line away to city or chelsea.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: fulhamben on May 26, 2012, 07:35:19 PM

whats goals got to dowith it. he was leading the line and was shocking. the 40 goals he scored just shows how much of a drop in quality there is in the lower leagues. you cant honestly tell me you would be happy with him leading our line away to city or chelsea.
Take Messi, he was absolute toilet in the only two games i saw him play, both against the scum, even the best players have off days let alone Huddersfield players. In my 180 minutes of watching messi he'd be on the bench for Fulham, so dont judge Rhoades on one crap game. As i said i wouldn't toch him purely because he bottled out the pen.

HatterDon

I didn't say anything about signing him. I just said that Huddersfield gaining promotion increases his value. Had they not, they'd have had to let him go to help balance the books -- something they may have to do anyhow.

How did we get from a discussion concerning the effects of league position on player valuation to me recommending he lead the line against Chelsea?

The mind boggles.

Mr Fulham

oh yeah, just take your opinions from one match. well done.

cmg

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 26, 2012, 08:11:21 PM
oh yeah, just take your opinions from one match. well done.

Fair comment. It is rash, even foolish, to base a dogmatic opinion of a player on a single game.

BUT...today, in 120 minutes of competitive football, in a very important match, at a level at which he has been playing all season, Rhodes failed to do one single thing to suggest he might be something out of the ordinary. Even allowing for the fact that anybody can (and, occasionally, will) have an off day - this must be considered, at the very least, disappointing.

Or maybe everything is already tied up and he just didn't care. (This is not a serious comment; I do not suggest that he showed any lack of commitment.)

MasterHaynes

40 goals does not make Rhodes premier class or worth loads of money, you need to balance the quantity of goals with the fact that the goals were scored playing in a team that was focused around him with a full pre season to practise the system in the very same division that Trotta averaged a goal a game playing for a mediocre team without even knowing any of the players.

If Trotta would have played on loan at Sheffield all season he may well have surpassed Rhodes tally. I'm am not convinced about Trotta yet and if another club offered £3.5m we would think they were mad and tell Jol to grab the money and run.

It may have been one game but it was a big game and you expect good players to grow and rise to the occasion, the stage was set for him and he seemed to shrink and was invisible for most of it. At 22 he is only just a youngster, he may have talent  but he has done nothing exceptional yet and is certainly not worth more than a couple of million with add ons if he succeeds. 

It is a real puzzle to me why being English seems to quadruple a players price??