watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Olympic flame torch relay

Started by mabster, May 26, 2012, 04:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabster

Have just returned having taken the kids under their persistent demands to see it. Have to say what  a great experience and community feel, thousands of people lining the street, couple of pints in the sun , excellent experience
Would advise!

mrska

The nearest it comes to me is Guildford..  might have to make the effort to have a look..x :clap_hands:

Maidstone Al

The relay goes thru Maidstone 19th july so may well have to go along & have a look - assuming we dont have any friendlies around that time of course !

Berserker

Been here last week, Didier Dogba
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

mrska

Quote from: Berserker on May 26, 2012, 05:13:41 PM
Been here last week, Didier Dogba
Im saying nothing!!!! fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif

Ron Sheepskin

Comes through Ealing on July 24th. I might just pop along to have a butchers at Junior carrying it...
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on May 26, 2012, 09:24:17 PM
Comes through Ealing on July 24th. I might just pop along to have a butchers at Junior carrying it...
Was just about toslag the whole thing off, but fair play if one of my kids was 3rd candle carrier in a Nativity play i'd be chuffed, so enjoy Mr Sheepskin. The rest of you Seriously ??? it's a stick on fire carried by a runner, happens every night here, but someone is running followed by loads of people carrying sticks on fire.

zzamora

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 26, 2012, 09:42:13 PM
Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on May 26, 2012, 09:24:17 PM
Was just about toslag the whole thing off, but fair play if one of my kids was 3rd candle carrier in a Nativity play i'd be chuffed, so enjoy Mr Sheepskin. The rest of you Seriously ??? it's a stick on fire carried by a runner, happens every night here, but someone is running followed by loads of people carrying sticks on fire.

Its a bit more than that... very symbolic

Berserker

What symbolic of Northolt? i actually thought it was a nice place, never been there but read it was.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Berserker on May 26, 2012, 11:09:57 PM
What symbolic of Northolt? i actually thought it was a nice place, never been there but read it was.
You could takr a picture of Northolt village and it would be proper picture postcard stuff . Used to be a pub called the Plough( i had my ear nearly sliced off in there) with a thatched roof on a green with a clock tower . A hundred meters further is the Crown opposite a stream and church , very oldy Worldy. But in thruth look the other way and it's council estate city. The plough is no longer there, burnt down in insurance fraud, not proven, but everyone in Northolt knows.

Holders

I saw it in Totnes last Sunday and can recommend it. Whatever you think, it's a once in a lifetime.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Holders on May 27, 2012, 12:10:32 AM
I saw it in Totnes last Sunday and can recommend it. Whatever you think, it's a once in a lifetime.
Just roll a very big joint, looks the same, much more interesting.

Holders

Of course, in Totnes you don't need to roll your own joint to appreciate the same "atmosphere".

Berserker

Totnes sounds rather like the Snoop Dog gig i went to, didn't need to smoke anything yourself to get chilled out by the 'atmosphere'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Holders

It's not twinned with Narnia for nothing!