watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jordan Rhodes Decision This Week

Started by White Noise, May 27, 2012, 04:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

Or maybe the last week of the window, when Huddersfield owner wakes up and smells the coffee, accepts a realistic offer of £2.5m with add ons before the window closes and they lose the opportunity to get any money.

MJG

Reindeer

nickmuir

Quote from: MasterHaynes on June 08, 2012, 08:01:20 AM
Or maybe the last week of the window, when Huddersfield owner wakes up and smells the coffee, accepts a realistic offer of £2.5m with add ons before the window closes and they lose the opportunity to get any money.

You do know fulham offered 5m for him

The King

My brother's dog's owner's brother heard it's the week after the next one.

NogoodBoyo

You heard it first here.  He's not coming to Fulham.  He's going to study constructive theorems on Ikea furniture at Oxford.
Nogood "a Rhodes Scholar, isit" Boyo

MasterHaynes

Quote from: nickmuir on June 20, 2012, 05:56:08 PM
Quote from: MasterHaynes on June 08, 2012, 08:01:20 AM

You do know fulham offered 5m for him

A package of 5m quid, 2.5m upfront, the rest linked to appearances and goals was offered which they said was derisory offer.
I'd happily take that, if it did not work out we should still be able to get at least 1.5m back, total cost of gamble 1m which is probably not much more investment than we have paid for some of our Academy players we have signed from around Europe.

To me it indicates we are not exactly falling over ourselves to sign him and he is certainly not on our list of top ten players to sign this summer.

We are now coming to the end of June and I don't think any papers have featured his name in any rumours for at least a week now, looks like they have lost interest in him, much the same as I have.

HatterDon

Quote from: Reindeer on June 20, 2012, 05:25:59 PM
Very underwhelmed by this.

And I'm underwhelmed at a very thin strike force composed of absolutely ZERO proven goal scorers.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jack Fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on June 20, 2012, 09:17:04 PM
Quote from: Reindeer on June 20, 2012, 05:25:59 PM
Very underwhelmed by this.

And I'm underwhelmed at a very thin strike force composed of absolutely ZERO proven goal scorers.

that's what clint is for!

Burt

Trust the club, folks... I am sure they know what they are doing, and who will be a good fit for the right money.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Burt on June 20, 2012, 09:52:43 PM
Trust the club, folks... I am sure they know what they are doing, and who will be a good fit for the right money.

nope, i've decided to unnecessarily panic about the situation!

dgnffc

If he's in the Olympic squad he may wait until that's over hoping to increase his options.

HatterDon

Quote from: dgnffc on June 21, 2012, 05:50:26 PM
If he's in the Olympic squad he may wait until that's over hoping to increase his options.

Good point, sir. The corollary is that he might want to sign BEFORE the Olympics as a hedge against getting injured. Swings and roundabouts.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MasterHaynes

Is it Christmas yet?
:airfix:

cmg

I have seen only a little of Marcello Trotta, but I am not fully convinced about him, thinking he maybe lacks a bit of skill, first touch, etc.
I would make exactly the same comment on Jordan Rhodes.

Those who know both players better than I will, no doubt, be able to enlighten me as to the essential differences between the two players - other than the fact that one will cost £x million and the other is ours already.

In his third season at Lg 1 level Rhodes scored at the amazing rate of (almost) one a match, after two seasons at half that rate.
Trotta is 2 and a half years younger and scored at a one a match at Lg 1 level at the first time of asking (albeit a very small sample).

I'm not saying we don't need to bring in a striker(s). I just don't think we need Rhodes - we may have him already.

Bassey the warrior

Frankly I'm not that fussed. He probably won't break into the team anyway. Most likely we'll loan him along with Trotta, Gecov and Briggs to a Championship team. I would hope we have bigger fish to fry.

Berserker

How come Reading can seem to Gazup us to players, i presume they are offering more money/better terms. Do clubs get a big bag of money when they get promoted, or is it their owners funds?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Berserker on June 22, 2012, 12:01:06 PM
How come Reading can seem to Gazup us to players, i presume they are offering more money/better terms. Do clubs get a big bag of money when they get promoted, or is it their owners funds?

We don't know if they are really 'gazumping us' on players though. The papers like to put it that way because it sounds much more exciting.

The reality is that we probably offered Pog the wage of a back up striker and he got a better offer elsewhere. We decided it was not worth upping the wage, which would say to me that we considered him expendable.

I say, let QPR and Reading fans crow over getting players from us, but lets wait to see what happens with who we bring in and then see who is laughing.

Admin

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 22, 2012, 12:13:38 PM
Quote from: Berserker on June 22, 2012, 12:01:06 PM

We don't know if they are really 'gazumping us' on players though. The papers like to put it that way because it sounds much more exciting.

The reality is that we probably offered Pog the wage of a back up striker and he got a better offer elsewhere. We decided it was not worth upping the wage, which would say to me that we considered him expendable.

I say, let QPR and Reading fans crow over getting players from us, but lets wait to see what happens with who we bring in and then see who is laughing.

Spot on!! He who laughs last, laughs the longest. Let QPR keep mugging us off whilst buying our over the hill, over paid players and let Reading take the risk with an overpriced, unproven striker who has yet to even brace the Championship. Let them also take Pog and pay him £65k a week, 14 million over 4 years who fell surplus to requirements at Zenit and did OK-ish for us as a last minute replacement for Zamora..

When we sign 3-4 quality players by the end of the window, on reasonable wages and players that will set our squad alight, they will be laughing on the other side of their faces.

TonyGilroy

We don't know whether we have any interest in Rhodes, whether Danny Murphy is talking to QPR, how much we offered to Pog (and how much we want him) how much Reading are offering him (if they're even talking to him), whether he will sign for Reading or who (if anyone) we really are interested in signing and how generous we're prepared to be.

There's a lot we don't know.