News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

EVDS returned to the FFc training ground... Memories...

Started by mrska, May 27, 2012, 09:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrska

Former Fulham goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar returned to Motspur Park on Friday ahead of Sunday's Soccer Aid match at Old Trafford.

Having retired from the professional game in 2011, the Dutch football legend will be putting his gloves back on in support of UNICEF this weekend and his return to Motspur Park certainly brought back some fond memories.

"From the moment the [Soccer Aid] coach was travelling to the Training Ground on the way I was able to spot where I used to live close by as we approached the corner of the A3," Edwin told fulhamfc.com.

"The entrance to the Training Ground is the same but there have been a lot of improvements with the canteen, the dressing rooms and other parts of the grounds. Everything is still in place but it has been updated.

"The pitches here at Motspur Park are still in great shape which for us as football players is always the main thing."

Van der Sar spent four highly successful years at Fulham before his move to Old Trafford and the Club clearly remains close to his heart.

"I always look out for Fulham's results, especially with their climb up the table in the last couple of months," said Edwin. "My fellow countryman Martin Jol is the Manager now and of course when you have spent four years here you remain very fond of the Club."

Van der Sar will no doubt receive an outstanding reception at Old Trafford this weekend as he retuns to Manchester to turn out for the Rest of the World team alongside a host of stars to take on England's celebrity team.

The former Fulham goalkeeper's outstanding contribution to football was marked with a fitting send off last summer but the gloves will be donned once more on Sunday as the Dutch stopper plays his part for UNICEF.

"My final ever game was a testimonial at Ajax which was a mark of a long career," Edwin explained. "It was great that this could happen as you usually only get one when you play 10 years at a club.

"Having played for Holland and Ajax it was a great occasion and after that you miss it. I'd been playing for 22 years and to stop is a big step because you lose your day to day activities and you have to find other things to do to keep yourself occupied.

"I've had invitations to play and once in a while there will come a nice one to play in like this match for UNICEF. There are football players, film stars and music stars - let's see if we can make a nice event out of it on Sunday."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/May/InterviewWithEdwin.aspx#ixzz1w6VHd31y

finnster01

Oooh, ahhhh, Vann Da Sah, Oooh Ahhh  :clap_hands:

COYW
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

mrska

Quality Keeper  and nice fella...  met him once..