watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reading Plotting £3m Move For Dickson Etuhu

Started by White Noise, June 07, 2012, 02:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggers

Agree with the 'disgusted' sentiments. He's never given less than 100% for us and while not the most technically gifted player he's been a good servant and seems like a genuinely nice bloke.

Good luck to you Dickson wherever you end up and I for one will clap him if ever returns to the Cottage
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

Mr_Moon

£3m for someone who is third in the pecking order for a defensive midfield slot is good money. Dickson sporadically served us well and will always be remembered as being part of our Europa League side. Now is the time to move on and if we can sell him for a reasonable fee then we shouldn't waste any time.

sipwell

Quote from: EJL on June 07, 2012, 11:36:20 PM
Why all the Etuhu hate? :(
Quote from: Boggers on June 08, 2012, 12:37:24 AM
Agree with the 'disgusted' sentiments. He's never given less than 100% for us and while not the most technically gifted player he's been a good servant and seems like a genuinely nice bloke.

Good luck to you Dickson wherever you end up and I for one will clap him if ever returns to the Cottage

I do not dislike Etuhu but let's be honest:
1) he is # 4 or 5 on the pecking order (precede him: Murphy, Dembele, Diarra, Sidwell, Baird);
2) he costs money which could be spend on keeping another player at Fulham (Dembele, Dempsey or even the youngster talents);
3) he won't be playing a lot next year either. I would wish the lad some game opportunities. Must be sad in a way to be a professional athlete and essentially keeping the bench warm every game (= expression of appreciation);
4) does not fit Jol's style of play and is not the most technically gifted (for a team which builds on the midfield passing...).
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

MasterHaynes

In the article I read it quoted £750k which does not even cover half his wages for last season

ImperialWhite

Echo what others have said:

Sure he's not the right player for Jol's Oranje revolution but he got us to a European cup final, remember?

Those offering to drive him - remember to swing by a pub on the way yeah, get him a "thank you" drink from us?

Gozorich

Have never understood the anti-Dickson feelings on this board. He is not the greatest player in the World but we don't have one who is. He has more than earned his wages.
In my opinion he has never given less than 100% for the Club and deserves better than some of the snidy comments he attracts.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Gozorich on June 08, 2012, 02:18:27 PM
Have never understood the anti-Dickson feelings on this board. He is not the greatest player in the World but we don't have one who is. He has more than earned his wages.
In my opinion he has never given less than 100% for the Club and deserves better than some of the snidy comments he attracts.

I agree.

AlFayedsChequebook

Two words:

Easy Target

Fusili

Quote from: TonyGilroy on June 08, 2012, 02:21:43 PM

I agree.

I too agree

finnster01

I don't see the anti-Etuhu sentiment at all. It seems to me that anytime the name Etuhu gets mentioned all the toys come flying out of the pram.

Lets face it, the original story says we could get 3 million for a very average footballer. Nothing wrong in taking an offer like that. However, I am sure that it is just a bollocks rumour and nothing more than that.

Storm in a teacup. Etuhu is a good lad and an average footballer. Nothing more and nothing less.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: finnster01 on June 08, 2012, 03:02:30 PM
I don't see the anti-Etuhu sentiment at all. It seems to me that anytime the name Etuhu gets mentioned all the toys come flying out of the pram.

Lets face it, the original story says we could get 3 million for a very average footballer. Nothing wrong in taking an offer like that. However, I am sure that it is just a bollocks rumour and nothing more than that.

Storm in a teacup. Etuhu is a good lad and an average footballer. Nothing more and nothing less.

There has been little anti-Etuhu sentiment recently because he has not been playing and we have had the superior Diarra in his place.

When he was playing regularly, people often banged on about how rubbish he was and why the manager was playing him etc...

HatterDon

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 08, 2012, 02:28:01 PM

Two words:

Easy Target

four words: elephant in the room.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

NogoodBoyo

We now have two elephants in the room?
Etuhu stuck like glue to the bench and....
"As a lifer, I have no doubt these are our golden years, but a post on another FFC board stirred a few deeply buried feelings.

In response to rumours of a Qatari takeover, someone stated 'Part of me misses the crap old Fulham that I grew up with, I have so many good memories.' 

No matter how good the standard of Premiership football, much of what comes with it is tedious.  I wouldn't say no to a huge Qatari funded transfer budget but it would move me further away from what attracted me to the club all those years ago. Anyone else harbouring such thoughts?"

Nogood "elephants & castles, isit" Boyo

hurricane_nz