https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Star says Danny about to sign new contract

Started by EricB, June 06, 2012, 12:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricB

I know it is only the Daily Star, but hope there is some truth in the report

DANNY MURPHY'S FUL STOP

Danny Murphy is set to sign a new deal at Fulham It is all about playing regularly and playing well, even if it is in the Championship

6th June 2012 By Mike McGrath
DANNY MURPHY is set to sign a new deal at Fulham.

The 35-year-old was on the Premier League's 'free transfer' list last week, but sources at the club insist a new ­contract is close to agreement.

Murphy made 48 appearances last season and boss Martin Jol has been considering having the midfielder on his back room staff. He was positive about an extension at the end of the season, despite interest from QPR.

Jol preferred Murphy to Dickson Etuhu and Steve Sidwell last season and the veteran formed a partnership with Moussa Dembele.

RidgeRider

Well lets hope they got it right. I never believed we would be releasing him. He has been far too important on and off the pitch. I wouldn't doubt he does some of the coaching at Motspur while they are working on things.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: EricB on June 06, 2012, 12:18:16 AM
I know it is only the Daily Star, but hope there is some truth in the report

DANNY MURPHY'S FUL STOP

Danny Murphy is set to sign a new deal at Fulham It is all about playing regularly and playing well, even if it is in the Championship

6th June 2012 By Mike McGrath
DANNY MURPHY is set to sign a new deal at Fulham.

The 35-year-old was on the Premier League's 'free transfer' list last week, but sources at the club insist a new ­contract is close to agreement.

Murphy made 48 appearances last season and boss Martin Jol has been considering having the midfielder on his back room staff. He was positive about an extension at the end of the season, despite interest from QPR.

Jol preferred Murphy to Dickson Etuhu and Steve Sidwell last season and the veteran formed a partnership with Moussa Dembele.

You've misquoted the article there mate. The quote about playing regularly is something Stocky said. Sounds pretty miffed with Martin. He does of course have a point, it's a shame we could work out a deal to send Stocky back out on loan.

fulhamthroughandthrough

So do we release Murphy and give the 20/30 grand he'll be earning to Dembele or keep Murphy and lower our transfer/wage budget?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: fulhamthroughandthrough on June 06, 2012, 02:33:16 AM
So do we release Murphy and give the 20/30 grand he'll be earning to Dembele or keep Murphy and lower our transfer/wage budget?
Of course we don't know the exact figures they were earning but based on speculation getting rid of AJ and Zamora will have saved us between £80-£100,000 per week.

SKSW6

I always diss papers like the Star when they come out with something negative transfer-wise for us, so I'm going to have to treat this story the way I treat those. Plus, isn't Danny still on holiday?

MJG

Quote from: SKSW6 on June 06, 2012, 09:06:31 AM
Plus, isn't Danny still on holiday?
I'm sure his wife tweeted they are having Holidays in Greece, Dubai and then visiting Riise in Norway. Its a hard life.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: SKSW6 on June 06, 2012, 09:06:31 AM
I always diss papers like the Star when they come out with something negative transfer-wise for us, so I'm going to have to treat this story the way I treat those. Plus, isn't Danny still on holiday?

Isn't their head writer a Fulham fan though? I can't recall any other rumours they've said about us but I wouldn't be surprised if he knew more than we give them credit for. Unless of course he reads FOF all day  :011: