watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff(06/06/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 06, 2012, 04:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Leaving Ipswich Town all but cost me my England Euro 2012 place says Fulham keeper David Stockdale

That is the frank admission of David Stockdale, pictured above, who now believes his Euro 2012 dream all but died the day he left Portman Road.

The former Blues number one excelled during four months on loan at Ipswich despite a difficult start to the season – earning regular call-ups to Fabio Capello's squad in the process.

But he was abruptly ordered back to parent club Fulham under the 24-hour recall term of his loan deal.

His dreams of becoming a Premier league 'keeper soon turned into a nightmare after he was dropped following Mark Schwarzer's return from injury.

Rather than excelling at Ipswich in the latter stages of the season, he spent the last 15 games on the sidelines and lost his England place when Roy Hodgson picked his Euros squad.

He admitted: "I think if I had stayed at Ipswich, I would have had a better chance of making the Euros.

"It is all about playing regularly and playing well even if it is in the Championship – Rob Green at West Ham proved that.

"It was great going back to Fulham and playing in the Premier League, but I was disappointed to leave Ipswich in the first place as I really liked the club and my family really liked the area."

Despite conceding 35 goals in just 18 games with the Blues, Stockdale was one of Town's best players during the first half of the season.

But the nature of the recall clause, a factor that put off rival Championship clubs taking the keeper on loan, always meant his time at Portman Road was on a knife-edge.

And when 39-year-old Schwarzer was injured, Stockdale was quickly whisked back to Craven Cottage – facing Manchester United and Chelsea just days after playing against Barnsley.

But after being consigned to the bench, Hodgson went with Green and Norwich stopper John Ruddy before turning to Birmingham rookie Jack Butland when the latter broke a finger in training.

Stockdale said: "I would have loved to have come back to Ipswich, although I am not sure if I would have been allowed to under the loan agreement.

"I was so glad that they went on a good run and got themselves out of trouble. I now always look out for the Ipswich score and I hope they will achieve promotion to the Premier League next season as they are a great club."

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/ipswich-town/leaving_ipswich_town_all_but_cost_me_my_england_euro_2012_place_says_fulham_keeper_david_stockdale_1_1399458?

WhiteJC

Fulham and Wigan plotting raid for £1.5m Rams striker Robinson

Derby County striker Theo Robinson is a transfer target for Premier League clubs Fulham and Wigan Athletic.

The 23-year-old striker netted 12 goals for Nigel Clough's Rams last season and is valued in the region of £1.5 million.

Ram raid: Robinson is wanted by both Fulham and Wigan

Fulham have made signing a striker their No 1 priority having released Andy Johnson this summer and having seen Pavel Pogrebnyak's loan deal expire.

Roberto Martinez's Latics are also looking to strengthen their attack with Hugo Rodallega recently leaving the club and Victor Moses being strongly linked with a move.

Robinson started his career with Watford and had spells with Huddersfield and Millwall before moving to Pride Park in 2011.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2154799/Theo-Robinson-wanted-Fulham-Wigan-Athletic.html#ixzz1wytItYwU

WhiteJC

Fulham star too pricey

Everton look likely to miss out on the services of Fulham's Clint Dempsey because they can not match the wages on offer elsewhere.

The 29 year-old Fulham striker is out of contract next summer and that has alerted the likes of Liverpool and local rivals Everton to his availability but sources close to the Dempsey camp have indicated that Arsenal are likely to win the race for his signature.

Everton are the only club who could realistically hand Dempsey a guaranteed starting spot, but they can get nowhere near the wages that are being talked about and are now ready to turn their attention to Norwich's wantaway striker Grant Holt instead.

The American international is settled in London and although he is intrigued by the idea of a switch to Liverpool, under new boss Brendan Rodgers, he would prefer not to uproot his family.

Dempsey, who scored 21 goals last term, will hold further talks with Cottagers manager Martin Jol in the coming days, but it's understood Fulham now want £5m because of the amount of interest in their forward.

The target man currently earns a reported £40,000 a week at Craven Cottage and Arsenal are prepared to increase it closer to £75,000 a week to steal a march on Liverpool.

http://www.clubcall.com/everton/fulham-star-too-pricey-1435619.html?

WhiteJC

Arsenal Transfer News: Why Arsenal Is Best Place for Clint Dempsey

Clint Dempsey, arguably America's top footballer, is accomplishing a rare feat. He's succeeding both on the international stage and in the English Premier League. And fans—along with major clubs Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United—are taking notice.

Nowadays, just mentioning Dempsey is like walking down a high school hallway. All you hear are rumors, rumors and more rumors with a little gossip sprinkled in.

The forward is fresh off a career year for Fulham—where he netted 23 total goals in all competition—and has been linked to several teams. But a deal has yet to be made. 

"I don't get caught up in that because until somebody is putting down some money it doesn't matter," Dempsey said in an exclusive interview with FOX Soccer. "If teams are really interested, they need to put their money with their mouth is and make an offer."

That's Dempsey-talk for "Show me the money!"

Expect the following three teams to take out their mighty checkbooks—though a shiny black briefcase stuffed with cash would be more dramatic—to do just that.

Chelsea

Let's begin with the least likely destination. Chelsea, after adding Eden Hazard, has a wealth of talent, leaving little room for Dempsey. He may be an option, however, if the Blue fail to land Hulk or Falcao this summer.

Liverpool

Now we're getting warmer. It's no secret that Brendan Rodgers has his eyes on Dempsey who, in return, has his eyes on competing in the Champions League. Though Liverpool may not provide that right away, they are moving in the right direction.

Arsenal

This is the ideal landing spot for two major reasons.

For one, Arsenal needs him. The club has little offensive firepower behind Robin Van Persie and would be wise to pursue the 29-year-old.

Dempsey also needs them. He has never played next to a talent like Van Persie, who himself netted 30 goals for the Gunners, and has never appeared in a Champions League. We call that a two-birds-with-one-stone scenario.

There remains the possibility—albeit, a slim one—he stays in Fulham or darts elsewhere, but Arsenal, at this point, is the best place for this American footballer.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1209649-clint-dempsey-transfer-rumors-why-arsenal-is-best-place-for-american-star?

WhiteJC

DANNY MURPHY'S FUL STOP

DANNY MURPHY is set to sign a new deal at Fulham.

The 35-year-old was on the Premier League's 'free transfer' list last week, but sources at the club insist a new ­contract is close to agreement.

Murphy made 48 appearances last season and boss Martin Jol has been considering having the midfielder on his back room staff. He was positive about an extension at the end of the season, despite interest from QPR.

Jol preferred Murphy to Dickson Etuhu and Steve Sidwell last season and the veteran formed a partnership with Moussa Dembele.

Meanwhile, keeper David Stockdale reckons returning to Fulham mid-­season from his loan at Ipswich cost him a place at Euro 2012 with England.

"It is all about playing regularly and playing well, even if it is in the Championship," he said. "Rob Green at West Ham proved that."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/255209/Danny-Murphy-s-ful-stop/?

WhiteJC

Clint Dempsey finds comfort taking the hard road to glory

When Clint Dempsey takes the field for the U.S. national team Friday evening in Tampa, Fla., he'll have scored just one goal in the preceding two months.

In terms of time on the field, Dempsey's "drought" has lasted only 190 minutes, barely more than two games. But you can be sure he'll feel the pressure of every one of those 33 days since he last found the net as he lines up against Antigua and Barbuda in the U.S. national team's first World Cup qualifier (7 p.m. ET, ESPN).

Clint Dempsey, on the verge of entering his 30s, remains as determined as ever "to do something really special" in his life. (AP Photo)

"I enjoy scoring goals—it's my favorite part of the game," he said.

Some athletes might not keep track of personal statistics, preferring to focus on the collective and to avoid the compulsion and stress. Many surely do but just don't want anyone to know about it. Dempsey, meanwhile, is all about the numbers, both in the box score and on the calendar.

And he's up front about it. Numbers define his career. Dempsey knows exactly how many goals he has scored and how his performances compare year-over-year, both in specific competitions and overall. During a recent conversation with Sporting News, Dempsey actually used the phrase "my goals-per-game ratio as a midfielder."

Those goals help both his English Premier League club, Fulham, and the U.S. win games. They flowed at a record pace during the 2011-12 season (23 for club and six more for country), and they've paved the way for the success Dempsey has yearned for since he was a kid back in Texas, where his parents drove him to practice three hours away from their Nacogdoches home.

As for the calendar, it represents the pressure Dempsey feels to chase his dreams with abandon.

"I want to do something really special in my life," he said. "Not that we haven't done special things already, but something really special, you know?"

He already is 29, and playing at a world-class level doesn't get easier in your 30s.

When asked about the increasingly frequent comparisons with U.S. star Landon Donovan, Dempsey pointed out that while Donovan was starring for the Under-17 national team, Dempsey was an unknown scrounging for games wherever he could find them.

"I did it every way possible. I was playing pickup, high school, club ball. I was playing in a men's league, then I want to (Furman) University," he told Sporting News. "I just tried to do everything I could. I was grinding because I knew it was going to be difficult. And even though I've come this far, I'm humbled in the fact that I know it could have easily not have happened."

Dempsey made his professional debut at 21 and earned his first national team start the following year on his 22nd birthday. When Donovan turned 22, he already had started 39 times for his country.

"It's always been a race against time really for me," Dempsey said. "It's kind of my mentality, to make up for lost time. That hasn't changed. That's why I continue to push myself every year.

"Having adversity at a younger age—with my sister passing away, going through a knee injury in high school and having surgery, those long drives to Dallas—makes you not take anything for granted. I always have that hunger, that drive. Those experiences help make me who I am today, and I wouldn't have wanted to do it any other way because I look at myself in the mirror and I know nothing was handed to me. Everything in my life I had to work for."

Said Donovan: "Clint's a different animal. He still has that crazy hunger to succeed, more so than most. That's great. That's a beautiful thing, and the more players we have like that, the better it's going to be."

You could sense that hunger during Sunday's 0-0 moribund draw with Canada, as Dempsey worked desperately to spark the Americans' static attack. Starting a game for the first time since injuring his groin while playing with Fulham in early May, Dempsey was playing where he has wanted to play, centrally and slightly behind the striker. But the ball wasn't finding him, so he went hunting for the ball, withdrawing deeper and deeper into midfield in an effort to make something happen.

Even in an exhibition, there's no time to waste. The hunger for goals is insatiable, and Dempsey knows the summer of 2012 is a big one.

He's the centerpiece of the national team—Donovan's hat trick in the May 26 demolition of Scotland notwithstanding—and is the player coach Jurgen Klinsmann will rely on to score the critical goals on the road to the 2014 World Cup. This is his team now, and Dempsey is aware of the shift in attitude and expectation.

Two years ago, he was defending his national team record. Now, he's an American soccer hero.

"It was definitely frustrating, people not really seeing me in that light, because I felt like if you're doing the work, you deserve a little bit of the credit," he said. "Every player wants to be appreciated for what they do. You can't please everybody, and that doesn't give me validation for myself.

"What I do in games and how my teammates perceive me and whether the coach appreciates me or not, that's what gives you more validation. ... It's good to be more recognized now in the States, because at times I felt I was more appreciated in Europe than I ever was back here."

Esteem for Dempsey has soared on both sides of the Atlantic. He has a year left on his Fulham contract and makes no secret about his desire to play in the UEFA Champions League. Klinsmann even has campaigned on his behalf for a move. According to The Guardian, Dempsey is one of the Europe's 50 top transfer targets and his rights are valued at about $23 million, with clubs like Arsenal, Manchester United and AS Roma reportedly in the hunt.

The iron never will be hotter for Dempsey, and he surely knows this is the summer to make a move. He hasn't signed the new deal offered by Fulham, making a move seem more likely. But he told The Washington Post, "you can't believe all the speculation."

He said, "I'm not saying Fulham won't ever get (to the Champions League), but I'm 29 years old now and I only have a certain number of years left to play at the highest level. Hopefully, that is in the cards."

The pressure is most definitely on, but Dempsey has been putting pressure on himself forever. It's practically his comfort zone. The Champions League window is closing, and he must score the goals that lift the U.S. to the World Cup. But he wouldn't want it any other way.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/soccer/story/2012-06-05/clint-dempsey-usa-national-team-fulham-champions-league?#ixzz1wyv3RD8u

BB

Yet again the "Bleacher" report ( why don't the Yanks get football No. 381, we don't have 'bleachers we 'benches' sort your life out 'septic tank'!!) Yet again touting Clint Dempsey around like a piece of meat.... the twit that writes this stuff must be a relative of Clints agent... Some one in the US ( who supports FFC and can send this oxygen thief a wooden overcoat ). Please let him know opening bids, in cash and sealed envelopes are to start at £35Miillion for the services of Clint Dempsey.. and these are 'on enquiry' Nothing less is acceptable to FFC or its fans... EOR!

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 06, 2012, 04:45:16 AM

Arsenal Transfer News: Why Arsenal Is Best Place for Clint Dempsey

Clint Dempsey, arguably America's top footballer, is accomplishing a rare feat. He's succeeding both on the international stage and in the English Premier League. And fans—along with major clubs Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United—are taking notice.

Nowadays, just mentioning Dempsey is like walking down a high school hallway. All you hear are rumors, rumors and more rumors with a little gossip sprinkled in.

The forward is fresh off a career year for Fulham—where he netted 23 total goals in all competition—and has been linked to several teams. But a deal has yet to be made. 

"I don't get caught up in that because until somebody is putting down some money it doesn't matter," Dempsey said in an exclusive interview with FOX Soccer. "If teams are really interested, they need to put their money with their mouth is and make an offer."

That's Dempsey-talk for "Show me the money!"

Expect the following three teams to take out their mighty checkbooks—though a shiny black briefcase stuffed with cash would be more dramatic—to do just that.

Chelsea

Let's begin with the least likely destination. Chelsea, after adding Eden Hazard, has a wealth of talent, leaving little room for Dempsey. He may be an option, however, if the Blue fail to land Hulk or Falcao this summer.

Liverpool

Now we're getting warmer. It's no secret that Brendan Rodgers has his eyes on Dempsey who, in return, has his eyes on competing in the Champions League. Though Liverpool may not provide that right away, they are moving in the right direction.

Arsenal

This is the ideal landing spot for two major reasons.

For one, Arsenal needs him. The club has little offensive firepower behind Robin Van Persie and would be wise to pursue the 29-year-old.

Dempsey also needs them. He has never played next to a talent like Van Persie, who himself netted 30 goals for the Gunners, and has never appeared in a Champions League. We call that a two-birds-with-one-stone scenario.

There remains the possibility—albeit, a slim one—he stays in Fulham or darts elsewhere, but Arsenal, at this point, is the best place for this American footballer.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1209649-clint-dempsey-transfer-rumors-why-arsenal-is-best-place-for-american-star?

WhiteJC

Bridcutt Interest

It seems that Fulham are, if the tabloid reports are correct, are amongst a trio of clubs interested in the Brighton midfielder, Liam Bridcutt.

Bridcutt, 23, was once on the books of our neighbours Chelsea and after being released resurrected his career with Brighton and Hove Albion.

Rated in the £2 million bracket, Fulham are rumoured to be amongst a trio of clubs, the other two being Reading and Aston Villa, who are keen to give the lad Premier League football.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=284095#ixzz1x1QULYS4

WhiteJC

New 2012/13 Away Kit

Win a Fulham FC SEAT Ibiza Car*

Pre-orders for the Official Fulham Away Kit can now be made online, instore and direct until 9th July. Fans that pre-order a shirt before 10th July will be automatically entered to win a SEAT Ibiza car*!

Don't delay and pre-order the brand new 2012/13 Away kit today!

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/June/Seatcomp.aspx?#ixzz1x1RByZEE

WhiteJC

Almost Done?

Although not concrete has been released, from the club, we`re optimistic that a deal is about to be struck that will keep Danny Murphy at Craven Cottage.

Murphy, now approaching the veteran stage of his career is reportedly, according to the Daily Star, on the verge of putting pen to paper on a new deal.

Get it done Danny, you know it makes sense.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=284101#ixzz1x1RgUMAc

WhiteJC

The future's bright - the future's orange: Fulham go Dutch for new away kit

Martin Jol's Dutch influence at Fulham has extended to the colour of the club's new kit - orange.

The Dutchman will oversee the west Londoners play in an orange and black change kit next season – the same colour as his native Holland's national strip.

The club launched their new Kappa away kit on Wednesday, replacing the all black away kit from last season, with the slogan 'Oranje is het nieuwe zwart' which translates as 'Orange is the new Black' in Dutch.

Orange is the new Black: Brede Hangeland launches the new Fulham away kit

Holland are famed for their Oranje kit over the years and Fulham will hope with Jol at the helm and the new kit could see the famous Dutch style of Total Football rub off on their performances away from Craven Cottage next season.

It is not the first time the club have been influenced influenced in their kit colours from people within the club.

Out with the old: Pavel Pogrebnyak in Fulham's all black away kit last season

Green and gold: Fulham wore an away kit that was the same colour as Mohammed Al Fayed's former shop, Harrods

Two seasons ago the club had a dark green and gold change kit – the colours of luxury department store Harrods – which was then owned by the club's Chairman Mohammed Al Fayed.

The new away kit may be a break from the traditional black and red away kits, but there are no plans to change the traditional white and black home kit - just as Cardiff have done.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2155253/Fulham-launch-new-orange-away-kit.html#ixzz1x1RxLIUA

WhiteJC

Former York City goalkeeper David Stockdale hails ascent of first club

ONE-TIME York City goalkeeper David Stockdale has revealed how he hotfooted it back home to watch his old club get promoted back into the Football League after being refused admission at Wembley.

Stockdale, now a Premier League player at Fulham and past England squad member, turned up for City's Blue Square Bet Premier play-off final against Luton last month believing you could pay on the day at the turnstiles.

When he was informed tickets for the game needed to have been bought in advance, despite his elevated status in the game, Stockdale remained too modest and well-mannered to play the 'Do You Know Who I Am?' card and swiftly headed for his West London home having been unable to locate a bar showing Premier Sports near the stadium.

En route, he kept up to date with the final's progress by any means possible. The 26-year-old shot-stopper said: "I went to the game with my dad because we had been told by a number of people that you could pay on the gate.

"We went back to Wembley Park station and were watching it on my phone but the battery went flat so we managed to listen to it on the radio until we got back to my house and put Premier Sports on. I was dancing around the living room at the end of the match.

"I was at the club with Chris Smith when we went down so to see him lift the trophy that meant the club were back in the Football League was a very special thing."

Stockdale was also on the books at Bootham Crescent during current City 'keeper Michael Ingham's first spell with the Minstermen on loan from Sunderland nine years ago.

He made his professional debut at the age of 17 as a half-time substitute for Ingham during the final game of the 2002/03 campaign and Stockdale has now hinted his first big chance came not as a result of injury, as widely reported at the time, but because of a gesture from the Northern Irishman, who he is delighted will be a League player again next term.

"Michael Ingham definitely deserves to be in the Football League," Stockdale said. "He works hard and is a good goalkeeper.

"He's had to go down the divisions to get back up and anybody who does that deserves credit. He's been capped by Northern Ireland in the past and, you never know, if he does well in the League, he can get back into their international set-up.

"He's such a nice guy and I can remember him being able to kick the ball a mile. I made my debut under Terry Dolan when Michael came off with a mysterious injury and, while I could never say he did it on purpose, you never forget things like that."

Stockdale is also tipping former Leicester City team-mate Ashley Chambers to shine on his return to the Football League with the Minstermen.

The pair worked together when Stockdale ended the 2008/09 season on loan with the Foxes and the Leeds-born 'keeper recognised Chambers' teenage talent then.

Stockdale was also on the books at Bootham Crescent during current City 'keeper Michael Ingham's first spell with the Minstermen on loan from Sunderland nine years ago.

He made his professional debut at the age of 17 as a half-time substitute for Ingham during the final game of the 2002/03 campaign and Stockdale has now hinted his first big chance came not as a result of injury, as widely reported at the time, but because of a gesture from the Northern Irishman, who he is delighted will be a League player again next term.

"Michael Ingham definitely deserves to be in the Football League," Stockdale said. "He works hard and is a good goalkeeper.

"He's had to go down the divisions to get back up and anybody who does that deserves credit. He's been capped by Northern Ireland in the past and, you never know, if he does well in the League, he can get back into their international set-up.

"He's such a nice guy and I can remember him being able to kick the ball a mile.

"I made my debut under Terry Dolan when Michael came off with a mysterious injury and, while I could never say he did it on purpose, you never forget things like that."

Stockdale is also tipping former Leicester City team-mate Ashley Chambers to shine on his return to the Football League with the Minstermen.

The pair worked together when Stockdale ended the 2008/09 season on loan with the Foxes and the Leeds-born net-minder recognised Chambers' teenage talent back then, saying: "He's a great player and a great lad.

"He's fast with great feet and, if he does well in League Two, no offence to York City, there might be bigger clubs coming in for him.

"Hopefully, though, he can help York get some more success first."

Stockdale, who always felt he never had the opportunity to say a real farewell to City supporters after being released by then boss Billy McEwan in 2006, has not given hope on playing for one last time at Bootham Crescent before the club plans to relocate to Monks Cross in two years' time.

On that possibility, he added: "I would love to go back to Bootham Crescent and play there against York.

"I was never able to say a proper goodbye to the fans so something like a friendly or a League Cup draw would be perfect."

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkcityfc/news/9745081.David__Stockdale_hails_ascent_of_his_first_club/?

WhiteJC

Pavel's Euro Target

Since arriving at Craven Cottage in January, Pavel Pogrebnyak spent the subsequent months tormenting Premier League defences. This summer however, the Russian striker will look to switch that form to the international stage.

The 28-year-old proved an inspired deadline-day signing for the Club, and after netting five goals in his first three matches, he went on to score six in 12 games in what was an unquestionably rewarding period for both Club and player.

Having led Fulham's attacking line with admirable composure, Pavel is hopeful of making a similar impact for Russia at this summer's European Championship.

It will be the striker's first major tournament too, having missed out on his country's memorable Euro 2008 adventure through injury.

"Four years ago in Austria and Switzerland, we achieved unbelievable things," he told the Club's official magazine Fultime. "We reached the semi-final and played some fantastic football. It was an amazing achievement.

"To miss out was very difficult, but this is my chance to make up for that and it is a real honour to be part of the squad for Euro 2012. I would love to show my strengths on the highest stage and enjoy one of the top international tournaments."

Having unlocked Premier League defences almost at will, few that have seen him in action since his arrival at Craven Cottage would bet against him doing the same this summer.

"You have to be on the top of your form from the off," explained Pavel. "I don't want to say too much or make promises, because I was in good form in 2008 and unfortunately went on to miss the tournament.

"Of course, I would love to be involved in every game, but I'm taking nothing for granted. What I will say is that, as a squad, we're all really looking forward to getting started and the spirit is good – which is what you want.

"It promises to be an exciting tournament and hopefully we can do even better this time. But with so many wonderful players and strong teams, this will be one of the toughest tournaments yet."

To read more of Pavel's insightful Euro 2012 interview, as well as Stephen Kelly's hopes for Ireland, Zdenek Grygera's tournament preview, and a Fulham A-Z of the Euros, make sure that you pick up a copy of Fultime magazine which is out soon. Issue 38 also includes an interview with Martin Jol, a review of the 2011/12 season, your Player of the Year, words from Danny Murphy, David Stockdale, Philippe Senderos, Moritz Volz and Chief Operating Officer of ParalympicsGB Tim Hollingsworth, plus lots, lots more besides.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/June/PavelsEuroDream.aspx?#ixzz1x1SsZiWr

WhiteJC

France v England Screening

Don't miss out on the opportunity to watch our screening of England's first Euro 2012 match at Craven Cottage.

Roy Hodgson's England team will hope to get off to a winning start against France on Monday 11th June (KO 5pm), in what is building up to be the potential crunch match of group D. Come along and soak up the atmosphere!

Our exclusive lounges, with access to the Riverside Terrace, are the perfect setting to enjoy England's Euro 2012 journey.

Book now

Tickets are available to buy online for just £10 and a complimentary beer, wine or soft drink and a hot food item are included in this ticket price. We are also running a special drink offer with beer priced at just £3.20 per pint.

If you're looking to impress clients, treat colleagues or host a special event during Euro 2012 we also have a wide range of event packages available to suit. Packages start from just £35 per person. Find out more.

Other available Fixtures:

Sweden v England - Friday 15th June (7.45pm Kick-Off)

Italy v Ireland – Monday 18th June (7.45pm Kick-Off)

England v Ukraine - Tuesday 19th June (7.45pm Kick-Off)

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/June/Euro2012screeningsinSW6.aspx?#ixzz1x1T5EEcr

WhiteJC

Friendly Round-Up

Several Fulham players were given 90 minutes of action over the bank holiday period in the final round of friendlies before competitive international matches commence once more.

Damien Duff was the only Fulham player to be substituted in any of the matches when he was replaced by Stephen Hunt in the Republic of Ireland's goalless draw with Hungary on Monday evening. Stephen Kelly was an unused substitute in what was the Republic's final warm-up game ahead of their Euro 2012 campaign.

Mousa Dembele turned out at Wembley for Belgium as they narrowly went down by a solitary Danny Welbeck goal against England. Mousa enjoyed a similar role in the middle of the park to the one he has performed for the Whites this season and will have relished his battle with Three Lions Captain Steven Gerrard.

Brede Hangeland and John Arne Riise played alongside each other as Norway held Croatia to a 1-1 draw, and Clint Dempsey returned to the US starting line-up as they played out a 0-0 stalemate with neighbours Canada.

Finally, Denmark defeated Mark Schwarzer's Australia by two goals to nil which will serve as a fine confidence boost ahead of their opening European Championship game with the Netherlands on Saturday

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/June/FriendlyRound-Up.aspx?#ixzz1x1TKsrbl

WhiteJC

Fulham star desperate to make his mark at Euro 2012

Pavel Pogrebnyak is looking to shine for Russia at the European Championship

Fulham star Pavel Pogrebnyak is looking make his mark with Russia at the European Championship after they were knocked out in the semi-finals in the previous tournament.

Four years ago, the Russians were beaten 3-0 by Spain in the semi-finals and the Whites striker, who missed the competition through injury, wants to show what he can do on the big stage.

"Four years ago in Austria and Switzerland, we achieved unbelievable things," he told the Club's official magazine Fultime. "We reached the semi-final and played some fantastic football. It was an amazing achievement.

"To miss out was very difficult, but this is my chance to make up for that and it is a real honour to be part of the squad for Euro 2012. I would love to show my strengths on the highest stage and enjoy one of the top international tournaments."

The 28-year-old scored six goals in 12 games for club side Fulham, including a hat-trick against Wolves as the striker adjusted quickly to Premier League football.

"You have to be on the top of your form from the off," explained Pogrebnyak. "I don't want to say too much or make promises, because I was in good form in 2008 and unfortunately went on to miss the tournament.

"Of course, I would love to be involved in every game, but I'm taking nothing for granted. What I will say is that, as a squad, we're all really looking forward to getting started and the spirit is good - which is what you want.

"It promises to be an exciting tournament and hopefully we can do even better this time. But with so many wonderful players and strong teams, this will be one of the toughest tournaments yet."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_star_desperate_to_make_his_mark_at_euro_2012_1_1401995?

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.