watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR (Kind of) - Football Manager 2012.

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, June 08, 2012, 08:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I'm struggling and could use some help with tactics & players etc.

I'm quite bad (I've just been sacked in October [although to be fair, I won 3, lost 3 and one of the wins was a 5-2 vs Arsenal] and it has left me searching for advice.

I know some of you will help! Cheers in advance guys!

zzamora

Go for a 4-2-2-2 formation.

Have a deep lying playmaker and a box to box midfielder in the middle, but make sure the box to box has a good work rate and good tackling.

Then try and get a mixture of pace and finishing ability on the wingers. Examples of this include Giovani Dos Santos, Ruiz,Dempsey, Chadli.

Finally, I like to play a large man and a small guy upfront. Both need pace however.

Hope that helps!

EJL

I don't have the patience for it. Much rather a bit of MasterLeague when I get bored ;)

leonffc

I haven't played that for years but it used to be best to start in the bottom leagues and work you way up improving your manager reputation. By going straight in the Prem, the board will have little faith in you.
Obviously everyone used to go for their favourite teams or the big clubs, wanting to win straight off. The idea of the game is to build yourself up and you'll get more 'board patience' down the bottom

LukeJennings

Can't help much with starting with Fulham but I was Vauxhall Motors of BSN and got promoted every season won FA Cup in league one, next season won the championship, Europa league and carling cup, (ps I had Dempsey!) then came 4th in my debut premier league season won FA Cup semi finalists in carling cup and won Europa league again, next season won the champions league and the premier league. It is much more enjoyable starting as a low team, ps if you start BSN/S then loan Bernard Mensah a striker from Watford in your first season scored 68 for me!
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

The King

Quote from: leonffc on June 08, 2012, 08:38:28 PM
I haven't played that for years but it used to be best to start in the bottom leagues and work you way up improving your manager reputation. By going straight in the Prem, the board will have little faith in you.
Obviously everyone used to go for their favourite teams or the big clubs, wanting to win straight off. The idea of the game is to build yourself up and you'll get more 'board patience' down the bottom

Seconded, I always take a country (for the last two games, RUOR in Belarus) and to try to build the clubs and national team to be a serious force. Another interesting factor is the economy, as in FM11 I could have the world's best players on £30-50k a week while in England or Spain they would be on £200k. I had over £500m in the bank when I started playing 12. I made it all the way to 2045 in 11, only in 2017 in this year's version. I need to play it some more.

As for first season at Fulham - a bit of bragging - I managed to finish 4th in the Prem. I bought Ansaldi, Badelj, Vrsaljko, Wilfried and Pekalski with only Ansaldi and Badelj being regulars. Selling BH Riise, Kelly and Halliche gave me a combined £10.5m, you always get good money for them so my number one advice is to sell them. I used a 4-4-2/4-2-4 with Zamora (old patch), Dembélé, Dempsey and Ruiz taking care of most of the scoring. Ansaldi bombed down the wing getting 18 assists. Murphy featured quite regularly getting good results, but the improved Badelj is now first choice in the second season. With the CL moniez, I bought a new keeper (Consigli), a CB (Vertonghen), a winger (Ramírez) and a CM (Sigurdsson). It's pretty old and I haven't played it for like months, the first CL group stage game is waiting.

TWFL

I, for one, start off low. Although when I played with Fulham (the patch without Zamora) I'd play 4-2-3-1 with Welbeck (on loan) up front and Dempsey, Ruiz and Dembele as the three. It got me to 6th in the first season. Didn't do too well in the cups and sort of lost interest as I prefer starting lower down and building up.

Jambo

After trying a failling a million times with Fulham I am in the middle of the best game ever on FM12 with Fulham.  13  seasons in and we have a 65000 stadium, won the prem once the champions league, europa cup, fa cup twice, league cup and the world club championship!!!!!

4-2-3-1 is the formations I use.

Copy this into the browser and it should show the record.

file:///C:/Users/James%20Hunt/Documents/James%20Hunt.html
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

zzamora

Quote from: The King on June 08, 2012, 08:59:57 PM
Quote from: leonffc on June 08, 2012, 08:38:28 PM

Seconded, I always take a country (for the last two games, RUOR in Belarus) and to try to build the clubs and national team to be a serious force. Another interesting factor is the economy, as in FM11 I could have the world's best players on £30-50k a week while in England or Spain they would be on £200k. I had over £500m in the bank when I started playing 12. I made it all the way to 2045 in 11, only in 2017 in this year's version. I need to play it some more.

As for first season at Fulham - a bit of bragging - I managed to finish 4th in the Prem. I bought Ansaldi, Badelj, Vrsaljko, Wilfried and Pekalski with only Ansaldi and Badelj being regulars. Selling BH Riise, Kelly and Halliche gave me a combined £10.5m, you always get good money for them so my number one advice is to sell them. I used a 4-4-2/4-2-4 with Zamora (old patch), Dembélé, Dempsey and Ruiz taking care of most of the scoring. Ansaldi bombed down the wing getting 18 assists. Murphy featured quite regularly getting good results, but the improved Badelj is now first choice in the second season. With the CL moniez, I bought a new keeper (Consigli), a CB (Vertonghen), a winger (Ramírez) and a CM (Sigurdsson). It's pretty old and I haven't played it for like months, the first CL group stage game is waiting.

After the update sadly, the goldmine of Halliche, BH and Kelly has been reduced. Barely get 5 mil for them now!

TheDaddy

Cant really help i only have the handheld version  , i suggest keep a check on a team called heartland (african) have brought players dirt cheap and have been fantastic one to mention is Ibraham Sunday .SC. Young and  bags plenty of goals all the way thorough his career.Never managed Fulham as i seem to get to p!ssed off when they lose and switch it off with the bunting!
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Started one with West Ham and used the 41212 with central midfielders.

Obviously walked the team unlike Big Sam with having the best squad in the league. Didn't make any signings.

Just started my first season in the Premier League and bought:

Martin Montoya - Bosman
Anderson Polga - Free
James McFadden - Free
Eyong Enoh - Bosman
Sebastian Coates - Loan
Lucas Moura - Loan
Fabio Aurelio - £800k

Looking for a striker - any ideas?

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Actually don't worry about the striker bit, had to raid relegated Fulham for Moussa Dembele - £5m!

TWFL

Good buy! And if you still need another then Carlos Fierro is a player that becomes immense or Darwin Quintero who is a bit of a goal-machine.

leonffc

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on June 09, 2012, 04:16:54 PM
Actually don't worry about the striker bit, had to raid relegated Fulham for Moussa Dembele - £5m!

Can he 'strike' in computer football then?
If I were you I'd try him in centre midfield, I think he could be a gem in there