watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can we all agree not to...

Started by General, June 10, 2012, 12:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

continue posting anything from either tribalfootball or clubcall.com - they're both utterly useless as reporting sites and very rarely if ever quote anyone to do with the club and make absurd claims which are never A) based on fact or B) turn out to be true.

It's shocking journalism and isn't worth reading.

Even when they do post something legit it's normally ten years after everyone else has.

Lighthouse

But we need the rubbish to create a conversation that lasts 13 pages only to find it's not true in the first place. Otherwise we will only talk sense based on sense. Now I for one refuse to do that.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 10, 2012, 12:54:57 PM
But we need the rubbish to create a conversation that lasts 13 pages only to find it's not true in the first place. Otherwise we will only talk sense based on sense. Now I for one refuse to do that.

I agree Mr LH, if we're to only post from reputable sources, then that cuts out anything to do with News International, BBC or Daily mail. What a boring time it would be!!  :dead horse:

TWFL

Tribalfootball isn't that bad. They take most of their stuff from foreign papers so they aren't really making stuff up just using other people's rumours and sources. They are not as bad as TalkSport or The Sun, both of those just post rubbish.

Berserker

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 10, 2012, 12:54:57 PM

If we only talked sense that would bar me from most posts   :011:
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

White Noise

I know what you mean General but its a difficult call to make in the close season IMHO.

Tribalfootball is OK for the reasosn stated above and Clubcall seems to just carry exactly the same stories. The very worst offender I think is FansFC (see D J Campbell story) but even they track down the odd good thing now and again.

When there is no football over the summer websites like this can become ghostowns but I think there are still Fulham fans who want to chat about stuff - no matter how ridiculous. I probably wouldn't run the Campbell 'story' in the season but I never thought it was anything anyone would take seriously and the thought of us signing him is quite amusing when you think about it.

Overall though it is very difficult to discern which rumours are more likely to be real than others. There is not a single source that I would describe as reliable and it would be difficult to put them all in order of reliability. Based on previous summers we will be linked with about 120-150 players and we will sign about 8 - that makes for an awful lot of 'wrong' stories.

I like the 'small child at Christmas' type anticipation of the transfer windows and learning about all the players I know nothing about and whose names I can't pronounce. We all know we won't get anything like the level of signings in we all hope for but equally we know we can rely on the club to do a reasonable level of business.

A certain suspension of disbelief is needed to enjoy the summer. You could just log out until August and then see what has happened while you have been away but you will miss out on a lot of F5ing, emotional rollercoasting, banter and discussion and having your hopes built up only to see them dashed at your feet. 

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Can we also drop the "Clint is too good for Fulham" Bleacher fool?  We have heard that message loud and clear and don't need it regurgitated every week...

Burt

Regardless of the source, the vast majority of transfer rumours are exactly that, we get linked with all sorts, and only a small fraction actually turn up in to actual signings.

That is what makes the transfer window sooooo much fun  :dft011:

ron

Quote from: General on June 10, 2012, 12:36:35 PM

(they) "..... make absurd claims which are never A) based on fact or B) turn out to be true....."

I guess we'll have to stop voting in General Elections as well then...? :010:

cmg

Quote from: ron on June 10, 2012, 10:00:31 PM
Quote from: General on June 10, 2012, 12:36:35 PM

(they) "..... make absurd claims which are never A) based on fact or B) turn out to be true....."

I guess we'll have to stop voting in General Elections as well then...? :010:

So YOU are the other bloke who's still doing it....you old sentimentalist, you.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on June 10, 2012, 07:18:50 PM
Can we also drop the "Clint is too good for Fulham" Bleacher fool?  We have heard that message loud and clear and don't need it regurgitated every week...

plus one

HatterDon

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on June 10, 2012, 07:18:50 PM

Please do!

That guy is not only an embarrasment to Americans, he's an embarrasment to anyone who speaks or writes English.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel