watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Two things I want from EURO 2012

Started by HatterDon, June 10, 2012, 03:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

1. Ireland to get to the semi-finals and France going three and out. I'm not the slightest bit Irish, and I have a significant amount of French blood in my aging veins, but I would like to see some karmic redress for the World Cup atrocity for Duff and Kelly -- and for football in general.

2. I want Andy Carroll to get the Golden Boot. And then I want the Anfield "faithful" to ponder how their last season and a half might have turned out had Hodgson stayed.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on June 10, 2012, 03:59:58 PM
1. Ireland to get to the semi-finals and France going three and out. I'm not the slightest bit Irish, and I have a significant amount of French blood in my aging veins, but I would like to see some karmic redress for the World Cup atrocity for Duff and Kelly -- and for football in general.

2. I want Andy Carroll to get the Golden Boot. And then I want the Anfield "faithful" to ponder how their last season and a half might have turned out had Hodgson stayed.

:54:

PokerMatt

I want England to be able to pick from the choice of Fernando Torres, Fernando Llorente or Alvaro Negredo. While Spain chose none of them to play up front.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

The Doctor

My housemate's Irish and I watched that infamous game with him.  We were in an O'Neills (Irish-themed pub chain), and there were about even numbers of Irish and French in there.  All pretty good natured, until Henry's outragous cheating.  I've never seen someone so furious - I thought my housemate was going to kill everyone in the pub.  A few of the French nearby obviously thought so too as they slunk out before the final whistle!  It's one thing to go out after ET and penalties (as the Irish might have done without the handball), but at least they would have been beaten fairly

Whereas the French implosion in SA somewhat made up for it, I found myself wondering if the Irish wouldn't have livened the tournament up a bit.  Wouldn't at all be surprised if the French went mental again.  They have after all still got Evra in the squad - a man who could start a fight in an empty room

Mr_Moon

Quote from: The Doctor on June 10, 2012, 04:29:47 PM

My housemate's Irish and I watched that infamous game with him.  We were in an O'Neills (Irish-themed pub chain), and there were about even numbers of Irish and French in there.  All pretty good natured, until Henry's outragous cheating.  I've never seen someone so furious - I thought my housemate was going to kill everyone in the pub.  A few of the French nearby obviously thought so too as they slunk out before the final whistle!  It's one thing to go out after ET and penalties (as the Irish might have done without the handball), but at least they would have been beaten fairly

Whereas the French implosion in SA somewhat made up for it, I found myself wondering if the Irish wouldn't have livened the tournament up a bit.  Wouldn't at all be surprised if the French went mental again.  They have after all still got Evra in the squad - a man who could start a fight in an empty room

I remember watching it in a bar in Liverpool, 95% of the place was supporting Ireland except me and two mates, one being English and the other French. I'm still surprised to this day that we were never punched.

If Evra starts then I'm sure they'll be mental again. Get Walcott attacking down that flank and we've found a hole in their defence.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Mr Moon,you got away because they knew you were a plastique  064.gif

Trap's boys have not lost in 28 games, here hoping it's 29 

Mr_Moon

They probably didn't want to mess with me  :dft012:

Jack Fulham

Even if England won the euros, I doubt highly you'd find a Liverpool fan wanting Hodgson back or wishing he hadn't been fired.