watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Rodriguez signs for Saints

Started by Walsh, June 10, 2012, 09:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walsh

Jay Rodriguez has become Southampton's first signing since the club's return to the Premier League after making a record-breaking move from Burnley.

The 22-year-old has penned a four-year contract at St Mary's after joining for a reported £7million - breaking the Saints' transfer record.

The England Under-21 international, who scored 21 goals for the Clarets last season, was part of the Burnley side that won promotion to the Premier League in 2009 but did not featured once in their top-flight campaign.

That's a frustration Rodriguez is keen to put behind him and he is thrilled by the opportunity to shine with the Saints.

Rodriguez told Southampton's official club website: "I'm really relieved that we've got it sorted now and it's done. I really can't wait for the start of the season, and the start of pre-season.

"This is a great club, a massive club and they're where they belong. It's a squad I want to be a part of and it's really exciting."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7805237/

Mr_Moon

Are there any interviews where a player doesn't say he is signing for a massive club?

Bassey the warrior

That's a huge gamble for a club just coming up. They can't have much more cash to spend. We'll see quite how good Billy sharp is.

Walsh

Quote from: The Moose on June 10, 2012, 11:48:47 PM
That's a huge gamble for a club just coming up. They can't have much more cash to spend. We'll see quite how good Billy sharp is.

I don't know what the finance is like at Southampton but I agree, it is a big gamble which a 50/50.

Jesus Moose last time I saw one of your posts it was on 300, glad to see that you've been posting haha.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Walsh on June 11, 2012, 02:18:18 AM
Quote from: The Moose on June 10, 2012, 11:48:47 PM

I don't know what the finance is like at Southampton but I agree, it is a big gamble which a 50/50.

Jesus Moose last time I saw one of your posts it was on 300, glad to see that you've been posting haha.
Have a lot of free time at the moment. Probably should be putting it to better use but meh.