News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Renaming of the Overseas and Exiles board...

Started by LBNo11, June 14, 2012, 08:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...as a mark of respect and fond memories we have renamed this section of the site 'The Finnster01 Exiles and Overseas board' in his honour.

Finn used this particular board more than most as he was an exile from the UK, the land of which he was fiercely proud, and who he had fought for, but he had forged strong and loving links to the land that accepted him and he bonded with, naming this section after him seems the natural thing to do.

We will all miss his input - Finnster - RIP

In Memorium

starsnstripes

and of course  Stratton:-

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

CorkedHat

Wonderrful gesture, Ed. Thank you  oztralian
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

os5889

A great idea Ed, I'm glad you have made this gesture! RIP Finn!

BarryP

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

nevzter

An honorable and fitting remembrance - thank you
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

SoCalJoe

Great idea Mods. I'm sure many of us have been going thru the threads and re-reading some of Mr. Finn's terrific posts on the exiles board the last few days.  
You can observe a lot by just watching.

Steve_orino

Did he love him some Fuller's or what?  Even turned Hatter into their #1 Fan!

Son of a gun...can't believe he's gone
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Fernhurst

:54:

Always here now ..... fitting tribute
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

FatFreddysCat

I used to post a fair bit on this forum as i love the excile view, and i hunger to be one myself. Now it's renamed the Finnster forum, i think i'll post here a lot more.

RidgeRider

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 14, 2012, 08:58:03 AM
...as a mark of respect and fond memories we have renamed this section of the site 'The Finnster01 Exiles and Overseas board' in his honour.

Finn used this particular board more than most as he was an exile from the UK, the land of which he was fiercely proud, and who he had fought for, but he had forged strong and loving links to the land that accepted him and he bonded with, naming this section after him seems the natural thing to do.

We will all miss his input - Finnster - RIP

In Memorium

starsnstripes

Nicely done Ed! I will miss him so but now I can back to this thread and remember him all over again.  :clap_hands:

Mr Fulham

Indeed, a very nice gesture. Thank You. :dft009:

YankeeJim

I've been reading these tributes to Finney but haven't posted. I'll never understand human emotion and certainly not my own. Why would I feel such a loss for a man I never met and only PM's on a few occasions? I feel as if I have lost a friend, not just an enjoyable poster. I do think the name is wrong. It should simply be the Finnister1 Board. That way we all could tell great stories about our mate whenever newbies asked how the board got it's name.
An Englishman who not only enjoyed BBQ but understood it. A man who feared little but enjoyed telling the story of walking into an all black bar in Harlem and blasting the patrons with a good bunch of cockney swearing when they looked at him funny & then having a good laugh with them all. A man who loved Fulham and his daughter and missed both terribly. A man who was becoming Americanized with a British twang. Good Lord, he was starting to like MLS! A man who hated all things Liverpool and why. It had little to do with football.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

McBridefan1

Porkopolis