watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Academy Rating - any idea of timing?

Started by CravenCottager, June 14, 2012, 04:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CravenCottager

Curious to know when this is due to be announced. Club must be anxious for category one status. Anything said during the trip to Motsur Park about timings?
"The first 90 minutes are the most important".

elgreenio

Probably going to take a while, heard some clubs saying they'll know in a few weeks and some (though in the lower leagues) won't know until next year.

Depends how quick the Belgian assessors are at the admin side of it I guess

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
touch my camera through the fence

mr-ska

We've requested Category 1 status..  having seen the set up..  it looks pretty faultless

Mitch

Can someone explain what this means please?

elgreenio

I have a huuuuge document at home explaining every little bit of it but I believe for us it would mean a better scope on UK talent geographically and more favourable compensation packages (why a lot of lower league teams are moaning)

Mitch

Oh OK. Is it a bit like an ISO9001 type thing?

Burt

There's a piece in the latest FulTime mag on this.

Also found some info on the Premier League website:
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/youth/elite-player-performance-plan.html

Burt

zzamora

Quote from: elgreenio on June 14, 2012, 05:50:40 PM
I have a huuuuge document at home explaining every little bit of it but I believe for us it would mean a better scope on UK talent geographically and more favourable compensation packages (why a lot of lower league teams are moaning)

Sadly it is basically a plan that allows the best clubs to literally "pool" the best youth players. Lets say swindon have the next messi- he looks good, and United sign them. He might have been at swindon since he was 10, but they won't get much compensation for him.

Under the current rules, they would get a lot.

It might be good for the national team, but its not good for the clubs...

CravenCottager

Cheers guys. Not sure I'm convinced by the proposals. If we get category one status the whole scheme might be to our benefit. However, feel pretty sorry for clubs that don't get it (hopefully not self-pitying on that front). Can't remember which team it was but sure I read about a club in financial strife which has relied in large part on its youth output to help keep it afloat but due to the new scheme have decided to shut it down. Hope the approach doesn't lead to hindering rather than aiding the development of our youngesters. Fingers crossed!
"The first 90 minutes are the most important".

Mr Fulham

A rule that makes the big clubs even bigger and ruins the smaller ones.

Yay.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 15, 2012, 12:06:09 AM
A rule that makes the big clubs even bigger and ruins the smaller ones.

Yay.

Not only ruins the smaller ones, but makes it nigh on impossible for them to achieve anything without spending lots of money. They can't even bring their own youth through anymore!

elgreenio

for anybody that wants the document let me know your e-mail and i'll forward it. Be warned it's 117 pages worth

elgreenio

gonna paste a few bits that may be a bit useful and give some overview :

Category 1 Academy - the optimum development environment for players in the youth system. Category 1 Academies will typically produce Premier League players and have the capacity to provide the optimum access to coaching in an elite environment in which the highest quality of coaching and development is provided. Formal entry into the Academy will begin with the Foundation Phase at U9

Category 2 Academy - the second tier of Academy which will typically produce professional players in the Football League and will produce Premier League players from time to time. Players will be entitled to a core programme which delivers a Coaching Programme moving from Part Time to Hybrid during the Youth Development phase of the Performance Pathway. Formal entry into the Academy will begin with the Foundation Phase at U9

Category 3 Academy - an entry level development environment for professional clubs that wish to maintain a Performance Pathway for players from U9. Category 3 Academies will typically produce professional players in the Football League. Players will be entitled to a Part Time Training Model through the Academy until the Professional Development Phase. Formal entry into the Academy will begin with the Foundation Phase at U9

Category 4 Academy - a late development model where formal entry into the Academy will begin with the Professional Development Phase U17 to U21. The Category 4 Academy will provide an intensive Full Time Training Model for players in this phase. It is anticipated that Category 4 Academies will produce late developing players for the Football League and from time to time, the Premier League

elgreenio

elgreenio

elgreenio

elgreenio

elgreenio

elgreenio