watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

we are better than QPR, so why is it?

Started by Chutney, June 14, 2012, 05:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chutney

I am being constantly challenged into bets with their fans about next season.

Living in my area most people support Qpr or Chelsea, I chose Fulham.

Because of this I am being forever challenged to stupid bets, last season I took £50 off a guy down my local pub who was adamant Qpr would finish above us. Didn't happen, by quite some margin.

This year I have been offered the same terms by 3 other Qpr fans, do I take their money again? Surely there has to come a point where they admit that I support a better team? Tired of constantly having completely unjustified arguments thrown at me stating the contrary.

Anything I could tell these people to stop them wasting my time and their money?

C O Y W

Burt

Just take the money.

Easy pickings  :dft011:

Jambo

Keep taking their money while you can.  I am convince they are another Portsmouth waiting to happen.  already running at 183% being paid on wages in comparison to revenue (by far the most in the league) and that was before the Taffia, Zamora and his Jan signings.  Just can't see how a club that small with a ground, academy and worldwide reputation that is 20 years behind Fulham can possibly survive.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

FFCSteve

Just taken £30 off a mate for this season. Home, Away & Higher Finish.
No reason why I won't take it off him next season! QPR over rate themselves!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

FFCSteve

Tomo

I have the same problem, being from Fulham I find myself constantly arguing with both Chelsea and Rangers fans obviously I'm not taking bets on us finishing higher than the BluePoo but I did win 20 quid from two qpr fans who were adament they were set to finish above us. Take their money infact double the stakes and they will back down!

Tomo
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

EJL

They'll start the season well and then Hughes will leave when the first decent job become available. Definitely won't get relegated but they won't finish above if they have to change managers.

cmg

"Never give a sucker an even break." (WC Fields)

Chutney

Quote from: FFCSteve on June 14, 2012, 05:45:15 PM
Bit of a dodgy Avatar mate!

If it makes it any better I took the picture myself! I would change it but to be honest its just a bit of fun. I am in no way supporting the statue, its ridiculous.
C O Y W

Chutney

Quote from: Chutney on June 14, 2012, 06:49:14 PM

If it makes it any better I took the picture myself! I would change it but to be honest its just a bit of fun. I am in no way supporting the statue, its ridiculous.

do you prefer the new one? Its geared more towards everyones taste I feel.
C O Y W

zzamora

A QPR fan on twitter has bet me 10 pounds that they will beat us twice next season- if we even draw one game against them, I get 10 quid.

Delusional.

SmithyFFC

Quote from: ddeuce on June 14, 2012, 07:05:34 PM
A QPR fan on twitter has bet me 10 pounds that they will beat us twice next season- if we even draw one game against them, I get 10 quid.

Delusional.

I think its safe to say that will be the easiest tenner you will ever earn.
FTID

FFCSteve

Quote from: Chutney on June 14, 2012, 06:53:42 PM
Quote from: Chutney on June 14, 2012, 06:49:14 PM

do you prefer the new one? Its geared more towards everyones taste I feel.

Chutney

It's entirely up to you mate! But it's a bit of a contentious issue!

Mo kinda rammed it down Fulham supporters throats, & told anyone who didn't like it to go support the dark side.

zzamora

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on June 14, 2012, 07:17:57 PM
Quote from: ddeuce on June 14, 2012, 07:05:34 PM

Delusional.

I think its safe to say that will be the easiest tenner you will ever earn.

I practically jumped on him to agree.

Ron Sheepskin

Quote from: EJL on June 14, 2012, 06:03:01 PM
They'll start the season well and then Hughes will leave when the first decent job become available. Definitely won't get relegated but they won't finish above if they have to change managers.

Hughes might of course bail out before then - it does look like there's going to be a job going at Everton soon. Which will pave the way for the return of the mighty Lawrie Sanchez.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Luke

I think that QPR fans are just born with a serious lack of common sense and that void is filled with delusion. A QPR fan bet me £30 that they'd win the Prem within the next 3 seasons.
Here's Davies..... It's on, It is on!!

CravenCottager

It is like the opposite of that body dysmorphia thing. They look in the mirror and see the best thing since sliced bread. Everyone else looks at them and sees someone who can't work out how to slice bread.
"The first 90 minutes are the most important".

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Luke on June 14, 2012, 11:09:15 PM
I think that QPR fans are just born with a serious lack of common sense and that void is filled with delusion. A QPR fan bet me £30 that they'd win the Prem within the next 3 seasons.

Ridiculously easy money. Can I get some action on  that?

BalDrick

Take the money, there's a possibility we may not win every season. Might even be worth having a quiet covering bet at a bookie's as insurance, if you can bring yourself to
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town