watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our new signing

Started by The Swan, June 15, 2012, 02:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

We have just signed George Williams from MK Dons. Is he any good, is he any better than any of our young players of the same age.
PS I hate MK Dons.
The Swan

White Noise

Difficult to say but I am not sure many of our 16 year olds could start at that level. MK Dons fans seem gutted to have lost him - as does their Chairman.

A nicely positive statement from his on Twitter -

George Williams‏@george_willo35

Yes its true I've joined fulham, sometimes opportunities are just to big to turn down...

White Noise

George Williams became the youngest ever MK Dons scorer as his side cruised to FA Cup victory over Nantwich Town.

MK Dons 6-0 Nantwich Town | The FA Cup 1st Round 12/11/11

cmg

Quote from: White Noise on June 15, 2012, 02:49:51 PM
George Williams became the youngest ever MK Dons scorer as his side cruised to FA Cup victory over Nantwich Town.

Is my hearing going the way of my other faculties? Or do MK Dons have two George Williams (hope we bought the right one) OR (surely not) is the commentator confused/incompetent?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: cmg on June 15, 2012, 03:08:06 PM
Quote from: White Noise on June 15, 2012, 02:49:51 PM

Is my hearing going the way of my other faculties? Or do MK Dons have two George Williams (hope we bought the right one) OR (surely not) is the commentator confused/incompetent?
The commentator got confused.

MasterHaynes

It was the last goalscorer we signed.If nothing else he will keep Cauley Woodrow honest and on his toes with another youngster coming up behind him

west kowloon white

Begs the question-how much have we spent on "promising" youngsters over the last 18 months-used to be enthuisiastic about this forward planning (now seem to have loads ,all of a sudden- one max 2 will"make it")-but at the expense of ,say giving Murphy a contract -with a view to a coaching role-could be a future manager if not with FFC at least Milwall??

Jack Fulham

Quote from: west kowloon white on June 16, 2012, 01:50:42 PM
Begs the question-how much have we spent on "promising" youngsters over the last 18 months-used to be enthuisiastic about this forward planning (now seem to have loads ,all of a sudden- one max 2 will"make it")-but at the expense of ,say giving Murphy a contract -with a view to a coaching role-could be a future manager if not with FFC at least Milwall??

not sure buying academy players links in with Murphy's contract.