watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Volzy's Book

Started by Mr Fulham, June 16, 2012, 11:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

Just bought it and by the looks of it it's pretty much 70% about his Arsenal time. However, some awesome photos in there (Jürgen Klopp in a Fulham shirt!!!! and a hilarous one with Bocanegra and Simon Elliott in their flat) and some very interesting inside infos about Fulham.

He seems to have very fond memories of Cookie, while he says unpleasant things about Lawrie.

"Lawrie Sanchez was Cookie's successor. He sprayed some sweetish air freshener in the dressing room because he thought it had smelled in there. In the tunnel, he put up placards that read "soandso many goals result from turnovers" and he roared, that only the players were to blame for the bad results and that our bowlegs had killed Cookie. [...] Then he chucked out 10 players, signed ten new players and the fans said: "You have achieved the impossible: The team plays even worse under Lawrie than it had under Cookie."
Six months after his appointment, he was sacked. I had played only 22 minutes in 18 matches."

And about Sir Woy:
"Roy Hodgson was the next one, a well-travelled, competent man. With 61 years and with coat and tie, he epitomised an archetypical english gentleman. Because of that, it wasn't easy to stay serious when this nice, distinguished man began his half-time speeches like a building labourer: "If we don't fuckin' win these fuckin' headers, we will fuckin' go down."
I played again and still, I felt that pubic bone injury."

About injuries: "Ironically, footballers are only painless in the short time between the end of rehabilitation and their comeback from injury."

Will read it and give a short summary afterwards.

EJL

Love the quote about Roy  :011:

The Doctor

Agreed, the Roy quote is brilliant.  Brings to mind that footage of him on the bench at Fratton Park, saying to Lewington "We've done it...we've f***ing done it"

Would love to be a fly on the wall in the England dressing room when he gives some of those primadonnas both barrels

AlFayedsChequebook

What was Klopp doing in a Fulham shirt? Secret fan?

Mr Fulham

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 17, 2012, 02:14:07 PM
What was Klopp doing in a Fulham shirt? Secret fan?
Volzy fan I guess. Foto taken at WC2006, when Klopp was a pundit for ZDF.