watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

AJ TO QPR NOW COMFIRMED

Started by Lighthouse, June 18, 2012, 02:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomo

I remember when AJ signed and was shown to the ffc fans at a pre-season friendly I patted him upon his bald head and said "Score 20 this season" did he f*ck.. Good luck to him Career wise I understand as it will be his final payday let's just hope he doesn't turn up against us. We should have got Crouch!
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

MasterHaynes

Sorry to see him go, thought when ever he was on the pitch we looked like scoring, he may not have scored too many but I would think he had at least the same in assists if not more.

He leaves some good memories especially the volleyed goal against Warsaw which was definitely worth the £10 entrance fee.

Like other posters I would love to know how much more QPR paid over and above our offer. I would like to think it was an offer he could not refuse as I always thought he really liked the club and was fully committed to the cause, just a shame about the number of games he managed to play.  

EricB

Poor AJ......all those injuries  and now ends up down the road..........he really does not get any luck at all!

fulhaman

QPR better get there bigger staduim due to the wages or they could be in trouble they have alot of player who are old and aint that great. W phillips and Bobby now Aj

Steve_orino

Quote from: fulhamthroughandthrough on June 18, 2012, 03:13:13 PM
That's far too nice a statement in my opinion.
For what we invested we got a pittance back. Then he has the audacity to join our biggest rivals despite us paying him for being injured.
Committed, scurrying around with a worried frown isn't committment. Commitment would have been to sign the reduced terms at Fulham.
Close the door on your way out Johnson

Never really warmed to AJ either.  Many folks noted his determined running around but I just never saw it.  For what we paid, I wanted games & goals.  And then to join those guys...really? 
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

MJG

Its strange but there were a few games earlier this season when he looked like he had something to offer. Apart from that its 4 years of 'is he fit?', 'get in the box and off the wing' and 'Where's this pace he's meant to have?'

QPR are going for the over 30's solid team that Hughes likes to build. I suspect they will be 14-16th at the end of the season but no more than that.

domprague

You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

timmyg

"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

Burt

Good luck to him.

But not against us, obviously.

I have to say that he has failed to live up to the hype that was generated when we signed him. Too many injuries, not enough goals.

That said, I would have preferred to have hung on to him given we are so short of options up front.

Gozorich

I think AJ could still have played a useful role as a squad player next season. Unlike lots on here I felt a little bit more optimistic when he used to come on. I can only surmise that Jol has decided to fill his squad vacancies with the new lads - which, of course, is the way forward.

I liked AJ's attitude and I believe he will be missed; so the best of luck to him and thanks. :wine:

Alternative

We are not are not paying his wages. So that is good news.

He never justified his transfer fee. Just recognise that and move on.

Gozorich

Jack Fulham

not surprised he moved to qpr, i remember he was unsettled up north at Everton so he was never going to move far. Always appreciated AJ's hard work but never thought he was that good, glad he's off the wage bill.

JBH

Cheers AJ now Jog on to the Ha Ha's

I feel sorry for Mackie as he is the one that will miss out when the injured money grabber is actually fit :028:

HatterDon

During the past season, we always looked dangerous when he was on the pitch. He was brilliant at diagonal runs that broke up back fours into four individuals. He NEVER got the credit for how many goals his gaps created. Everyone focuses only on his goals or lack of same.

I will miss Our Late President. Always enthusiastic and full of running -- if not, of course, stretched out on the treatment table. Best of luck to him, except against us of course.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MOR :

They must have missed AJ's dodgy knees at the QPHaHa medical...

bigalffc

Bye AJ. Thanks for not very much!
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Oiseau

Quote from: JBH on June 18, 2012, 05:10:50 PM
Cheers AJ now Jog on to the Ha Ha's

I feel sorry for Mackie as he is the one that will miss out when the injured money grabber is actually fit :028:

I agree about Mackie. He's incredibly hard working and has been very loyal to QPR for quite some time. At the end of last team it looked as if he was really coming into form... I wish that QPR wouldn't be so reliant on Fulham old boys.

Wish AJ all the best with QPR. I don't blame him for going and I certainly don't blame Fulham for letting him go. He's still got a super final ball but he's quite injury prone.