watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

AJ TO QPR NOW COMFIRMED

Started by Lighthouse, June 18, 2012, 02:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

The Club can confirm that Andrew Johnson will be leaving Fulham to join Queens Park Rangers on a two year deal, following the expiration of his contract on June 30th.

AJ made over 100 appearances for the Whites since signing in the summer of 2008, grabbing 27 goals in the process. The former England international became a firm favourite at the Cottage with his tireless running and energetic performances.

Johnson enjoyed a prolific Europa League campaign in the 2011/12 season, scoring eight goals in just 13 appearances. One of which was a stunning volley against Wisla Krakow which subsequently came second in our Goal of the Season poll.

He also became the first Fulham player to score a Premier League hat-trick when he put three past his new club QPR in October 2011.

Everyone at the Club would like to thank AJ for his valuable contribution during his time with us, and wish him the very best for the future.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/June/AJJoinsQPR.aspx#ixzz1y9XlXxqY
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AlFayedsChequebook

Bye AJ and thanks for the memories.

Always a committed player, didnt moan and was unlucky with inury. Didnt score enough goals though.

Not sure what this says about QPR though...

jarv

27 goals in 100 games is not a bad return. However, how many were in league games? Not too many I think. Also, 100 games v. how many missed, in the treatment room.?

fulhaman

I think this is good because it saves us some wages which we could use towards signing the Pog,and giving dembele more wge. I have a feeling with AJ going we could see someone else signing on probs the Pog. I have he has been a good servant and works his socks off. I think he liked the club, and personally I think most fans liked him .I think without the injuries he could of been amazing

Two Ton Ted

11 in Europe according to soccerbase.

13 goals in 65 in the League.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

White Noise

Sad that it didn't work out.

Got unlucky with injuries but always gave of his best.

Started in the Summer of 2008 when Roy started the re-build in earnest and was present for a lot of our greatest moments.

QPR are simply doing what Roy did. Signing older, experienced players to move them up another rung or so to enable them to then attract better still. Its going to work and AJ won't be the last Fulham player to move there this summer.

All the best Andy and thanks for everything you did. :54:

bill taylors apprentice

While I wouldn't wish injury on anyone ( with a few exceptions ) It would be typical of Fulham to let him go and he has an injury free season elswhere.
Assuming Trotta and Sa will be fringe players, we need to sign at least 2 established forwards.

Jambo

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on June 18, 2012, 03:06:35 PM
11 in Europe according to soccerbase.

13 goals in 65 in the League.

13 in 86 league games.  enough said.  thanks for all your efforts AJ.  Would have loved to be able to say good luck but I just wouldnt mean it.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Adam87

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY...........so if we dont get POG either and dempsey does go.....that leaves us with no strikers.......lets just play like spain then....... 098.gif yee-haw!

fulhamthroughandthrough

That's far too nice a statement in my opinion.

For what we invested we got a pittance back. Then he has the audacity to join our biggest rivals despite us paying him for being injured.

Committed, scurrying around with a worried frown isn't committment. Commitment would have been to sign the reduced terms at Fulham.

Close the door on your way out Johnson

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: White Noise on June 18, 2012, 03:09:55 PM
Sad that it didn't work out.

Got unlucky with injuries but always gave of his best.

Started in the Summer of 2008 when Roy started the re-build in earnest and was present for a lot of our greatest moments.

QPR are simply doing what Roy did. Signing older, experienced players to move them up another rung or so to enable them to then attract better still. Its going to work and AJ won't be the last Fulham player to move there this summer.

All the best Andy and thanks for everything you did. :54:

Not sure you can say that it is definitely going to work.

Hodgson signed both players when they were at the peak of their careers, both are very much on the downside now. The older players he did bring in (Duff, Schwarzer) had previously been top level players and not mid-table journeymen.

Signing AJ, for me, shows that we have little to worry about from QPR. If they are happy with players we no longer want, then it reinforces the fact we are several levels above them.

MJG

Quote from: jarv on June 18, 2012, 03:01:49 PM
27 goals in 100 games is not a bad return. However, how many were in league games? Not too many I think. Also, 100 games v. how many missed, in the treatment room.?
I worked it out towards the end of the season that he had played in less than 60% of the games we played over the 4 years.

SKSW6

It will be interesting to see what wages he's on at QPR, and how that compares with what we were offering him. Little annoyed at the lack of loyalty shown by him to the team who put up with him through his many injuries. Saying that, he is pretty old and I'm not sure how much of an impact if any he would've made for us next season. Would prefer to give some youth a chance, just annoyed we didn't manage to get any of the transfer fee back.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 18, 2012, 03:00:40 PM
Bye AJ and thanks for the memories.

Always a committed player, didnt moan and was unlucky with inury. Didnt score enough goals though.

Not sure what this says about QPR though...

Ambition???  :58:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Adam87

I can honestly say now i hate QPR more than chelsea. I hope we crush the Bastidos now. Its so cringe worthy him saying......"this is a big big club and the future plans they have got".....hes not going to be there for the future plans LOL. Honestly QPR are just a joke. I hope AJ fails there as well.

Cant wait for them next season, annoyingly have to wait till december, i hope we run them over, but please please MAF spend some dosh.....we need at least 3 new players  :033:

cmg

QPR fans celebrate the latest stage in their manager's "high ambition" policy

ElissonSnygg

This leaves us a with desperation of strikers. Probably 3 or 4 incoming! Exciting times.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

fulhaman

I think we defo need at least three strikers. Even if the Pog signs a new deal.

FatFreddysCat

"you're just our second team, your just our second team"

EJL

Heard that Hughes is plotting to blow QPR's whole transfer budget on taking Halliche away from us ...