watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Jol Revolution continues....

Started by Jambo, June 18, 2012, 07:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

There was no doubt that for the first 6 months on Jol's tenure he inherited some players that were never going to be his cup of tea and as has been discussed at length on here he did end up turning things round and got us playing some very tidy stuff.  Even when the seeds of doubt did start to creep in I did remain positive and backed Jol but at the same time saying that we need to judge him on the coming season once he has had a full season, pre season and summer window behind him.  Its makes a nice change going into a summer knowing that we will have a settled management team in place to further install the ideas they have into the squad, however probably more importantly is how he handles the turn over of players.  He never fancied AJ so its no great surprise to see him go.  the fact that Murphy has yet to sign suggest to me that he doesn't fancy him much either (Murphy Mrs has continually said on twitter that he wants to stay).  I think Dempsey will go and Dembele although has said he doesn't want to leave Fulham will never let him run his contract down and wave goodbye to £12m+.  Then there is the Pog, again most have said that after that freakish start he was a 6/10 player for the rest of the time, again the fact this has not been sewn up suggest Jol isn't that bothered about him (he was quick enough to sign up Diarra).  Jol could see something like 6/7 first teamers moved on this summer which means they will have to be replaced either with youngsters playing a bigger role (Kasami, Trotta, etc) or he is further backed by Mo to reinvest the money that has been made/saved in transfers and wages.  Its a very exciting time for us and I do still believe that we have the right man but he has a massive few months coming up that will define our and his future.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

MasterHaynes

Actually Jol did fancy AJ and regularly said he hoped he would be signing the contract offered soon. The board did not want to offer a long term contract with high wages to a player who was inury prone and maybe a bench player the season after next. Johnson held for a 2 year contract(as it's likely to be his last) we eventually came round and offered him what a 2 year contract but with a lot less money, sensible given his injury record.

He is a player when fit Jol would have played but we have several youngsters knocking on the door and other players we need to offer more money to to keep(Dem's). It's a shame but I think it is a better deal for QPR than us (IF he stays fit and sods law he probably will play every game next season)

HatterDon

Nevermind. We've got Trotta and We've got Sa. Who needs any more strikers?  090.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jimbobob

Quote from: HatterDon on June 18, 2012, 10:24:04 PM
Nevermind. We've got Trotta and We've got Sa. Who needs any more strikers?  090.gif

Well hard to add to that HD - except I am starting to get worried just a little bit.
I have still not gotten over the orange fricki'n kit?
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Boggers

After last season, in Jol I trust :Haynes The Maestro:
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

epsomraver

About time people on this board gave players a chance before slagging them off Sa had few games due to injury, Pog was flying until he got crocked,then got little service in his return games  Trotta will take time to adjust to the higher level.

Rupert

Quote from: epsomraver on June 19, 2012, 10:50:42 AM
About time people on this board gave players a chance before slagging them off Sa had few games due to injury, Pog was flying until he got crocked,then got little service in his return games  Trotta will take time to adjust to the higher level.

Well said.    :clap_hands:

Players and managers all need time to prove themselves, I do wonder, at times, if too many of our fans are getting to be like spoilt kids, the way they spit dummies out after every setback, however minor.

I personally have yet to be convinced by Trotta, based on seeing him in reserve games two years ago (he tended to go for the wrong option and was a bit too selfish), but I am happy for him to be given several chances to prove me wrong. I won't be calling for him to never wear the shirt again if his first few games are a bit iffy.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

AlFayedsChequebook

Players...and managers?

HatterDon

I give both credit. I've been bigging up Sa for a long time, and Trotta looks very promising to me. The difference between the two of us on this subject, sir, seems to be that you are satisfied with ONLY these two strikers in our squad, while I think that -- as talented as each is -- we won't do well with only two strikers of any stripe never mind two young ones, one of which is subject to injury and the other who has had about 4 minutes of Premier League action.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel