watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Could QPR do a Fulham

Started by The Swan, June 18, 2012, 07:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

We escaped relegation on the last day of the season. The next season was our best ever. Could QPR emulate us this coming season?
Will we take six points from them as we did last season. They now have a super strike force with Zamora and Johnson.
The Swan

Jack Fulham

haven't they finished quite high up in the league in the past, can't see them emulating their best season ever but yeah best season in the prem maybe. No way will they finish 7th or above. They'd do well to make it in to the top 10.

and that super strike force didn't score many goals that season, a lot of our success that season was based on not conceding rather scoring goals. The defence certainly came out with more credit than the strikers.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

oh jeeeeeeeeeeeeee another QPR thread  tick, tock the little HaHa will be watching and counting  064.gif

But The Swan, if Hughes stays they probably will  do well   ....... he is one dull fecker but he is a very good manager with an eye for a decent player ................but the AJ signing is a surprise.
Maybe Sparkie  reckoning is that   AJ ( who is a thoroughly decent human ) will negate the influence of Barton ( who is barely human )

Two Ton Ted

They didn't escape relegation on the last day of the season, they lost that. They won the penultimate game to keep them up.

Their summer signings Nelson, Johnson & maybe Green & Fabio suggest to me they will struggle again.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

The King

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on June 19, 2012, 10:34:28 AMTheir summer signings Nelson, Johnson & maybe Green & Fabio suggest to me they will struggle again.

Do people think those all their transfers this summer?

Rupert

I wonder if "second season syndrome" will strike any or all of QPHa, Swansea or Norwich. Obviously, both of the latter two have further to fall before they are in trouble, but I would not be astonished to see one or more go down this time.
I certainly can't see them emulating us, Bolton and Blackburn for eleven years.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Two Ton Ted

No, but they are the ones so far. There's also reports they are after Konchesky. Another player who really is little more than a squad player in the Premier League.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

HatterDon

Quote from: Rupert on June 19, 2012, 10:54:24 AM
I wonder if "second season syndrome" will strike any or all of QPHa, Swansea or Norwich. Obviously, both of the latter two have further to fall before they are in trouble, but I would not be astonished to see one or more go down this time.
I certainly can't see them emulating us, Bolton and Blackburn for eleven years.

Of the three I think that Swansea and Norwich are most likely to fall into that category. Each lost their manager in the summer, and Norwich also has an overrated player who wants to be bigger than the club. The disarray that new gaffers/styles will have on the over-performing squads may cause both of these teams to hug near the bottom this coming season.

As for QPR, their managerial situation has improved since Colin left, and I think they'll survive and probably stay around for a few more seasons.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

premFlem

You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away