News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How Many Forwards Do We Need Next Season?

Started by White Noise, June 18, 2012, 10:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Most Prem clubs seem to have at least 4 and often 5 proper forwards in their squads of 25 players.

We now have Pog, Sa and, on the squad page, two midfielders in Ruiz and Dembele making up the numbers.

How many forwards do we need next season and at what level of age, experience and type of forward play?

If, for example, we signed Burak Yilmaz & Jordan Rhodes - would a set of forwards comprising Yilmaz, Rhodes, Pog, Sa and Trotta be enough with the additional option of Ruiz being used more to play behind the main forward?

jarv

2....as long as they score 15+ each. (and don't get injured). 082.gif

MJG

I would want four strikers plus Trotta. Sa would be fourth choice.
That leaves three places. The Pog may be one, Rhodes would be nice and then we need a top quality striker proven at this level.
A lot depends on Dempsey really as I can see him moving up front more if he stays as we use the younger wide men more.

mangoputney

More than we've got now... Effectively just Sa & Trotta... Hope Jol has some signings up his sleeve, we could be very lightweight as a squad especially if dems pog and murphy also go :$
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Walsh

We have Pog?? When did this happen??

Trotta is a class striker but I don't know if he is ready for Premiership yet, Jordan Rhodes nobody know's if he is ready for the Premiership, I highly doubt we'll get Burak Yilmaz as much as I want us to get him I can't see it happening.

I don't know who we will sign but I can't see us having Pogrebnyak by the start of the season, I don't think Dempsey will still be with us.

The only thing people are forgetting is that Bryan Ruiz is a striker/Winger and I think we could see him up there this season.

jarv

I now have faith in Jol. I am sure we will start with a good squad. If Demps. leaves and we fail to get Pog, there are probably all sorts of goings on in the background to bring in suitable replacements, whoever they are. Fletcher (Wolves)  would do for a start, worth 15 goals with a decent team. Decent team = Fulham. :clap_hands:

The Rock

Dembele/Ruiz and maybe Demps I view as midfielders who can play up top. If that counts as one out n out striker, we have maybe Pav, and Sa. We need two more. The younger the better and the better the better. Having a good young striker with re-sale value is good biz. Rhodes would make 3, with another nedded, preferably one with more experience.

Mr Fulham

Rhodes + Aubameyang (at least that category) + and another youngish british forward. We will need some young Brits given that we'll lose some HG-players.

Not too keen on Pog.

Ruiz to play just behind the main striker next year.

twang

As long as we have Dempsey we won't have to panick, in fact I'd rather start with Clint as the lone striker than Pog.

I'm more concerned about the quality than the quantity, one new striker could well be enough.

justinfromga

Quote from: twang on June 19, 2012, 06:52:23 AM
As long as we have Dempsey we won't have to panick, in fact I'd rather start with Clint as the lone striker than Pog.

I'm more concerned about the quality than the quantity, one new striker could well be enough.

This.  We need one Premier League caliber striker at minimum. Right now we have Sa, who is a squad player, and Trotta, who is behind Sa.

Personally I would like to see us re-up with Pog and then find a striker who is younger, can play as a lone striker, and is just flat out better than Pog.  I think Ruiz will move into more of a withdrawn striker/attacking midfield role next season and we'll see Kasami out on the wing more.  That coupled with Frei's (hopeful) continued maturation and by the end of next season we should have a real classy, young team. 

cookie123

Quote from: White Noise on June 18, 2012, 10:13:05 PM
Most Prem clubs seem to have at least 4 and often 5 proper forwards in their squads of 25 players.

We now have Pog, Sa and, on the squad page, two midfielders in Ruiz and Dembele making up the numbers.

How many forwards do we need next season and at what level of age, experience and type of forward play?

If, for example, we signed Burak Yilmaz & Jordan Rhodes - would a set of forwards comprising Yilmaz, Rhodes, Pog, Sa and Trotta be enough with the additional option of Ruiz being used more to play behind the main forward?

pog is going to reading??

AlFayedsChequebook

It is about the allocation of limited resources. We look to be playing with one striker up front, so therefore we need less stikers.

Assuming that the Pog doesn't sign, we need to bring in 2 forwards - an experienced 'big' purchase and a younger, exciting prospect. Then we have Sa and Trotta as backup.

Having two/three top of the line strikers is pointless at Fulham because the money could be better spent elsewhere (Dembele fro example)

Two Ton Ted

Trotta has a lot to prove than he's a top flight striker. I reckon he'll start the season on loan somewhere again.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

MJG

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 19, 2012, 10:51:41 AM
It is about the allocation of limited resources. We look to be playing with one striker up front, so therefore we need less stikers.

Assuming that the Pog doesn't sign, we need to bring in 2 forwards - an experienced 'big' purchase and a younger, exciting prospect. Then we have Sa and Trotta as backup.

Having two/three top of the line strikers is pointless at Fulham because the money could be better spent elsewhere (Dembele fro example)
while I agree that if Jol is going to carry on with one main striker it can be that we need only 2 main strikers. But i would prefer 3 and Sa and Trotta as backup.
As I said earlier the key is Dempsey, if he goes we need 3.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I think you need four, and with us having Trotta and Sa, we'll want two to replace Pogrebnyak and AJ. As MJG said above, if Dempsey leaves, we'll probably need three.

jarv

Team shape trends are definitely moving more to 4-2-3-1. Almost every team in Europe. The fluidity of the 3 attacking players is key to success. Fulham have that so we should not be worried.

Spain put out 4-6-0 but were not short of attacking weapons. Didn't Scotland try that in Czech. Didn't quite achieve the same success. :011:

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.