Main Menu

Champions League Trophy Smashed Up By Group Of Marauding Apes

Started by White Noise, June 19, 2012, 08:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

EXCLUSIVE: Crackpots! Chelsea embarrassed after staff damage the European Cup

By Neil Ashton

PUBLISHED: 22:55, 18 June 2012 | UPDATED: 07:47, 19 June 2012

Three members of Chelsea's staff have been suspended after the Champions League trophy was damaged.

One of the handles was left hanging off after the three security personnel posed for pictures with the trophy to show off to friends.

Although it was returned to its original position, a member of staff noticed the damage the following day and reported it to club officials.

The Champions League winners immediately sent the trophy to a London silversmith for emergency repairs following the incident at Stamford Bridge, which happened when the staff were outside their normal shift hours.

Chelsea confirmed the site visit was unauthorised and that they did not have permission to be in the building out of hours.

The club's chief executive Ron Gourlay is conducting an internal investigation.

It is a huge embarrassment just weeks after the team finally achieved owner Roman Abramovich's ambition of winning the most illustrious competition in European club football.

Despite the significance of the trophy, it was not locked away when one of the handles was broken.

Most clubs put the trophy on display in a secure cabinet for supporters to pose for pictures but Chelsea have been passing it around various departments at Stamford Bridge in recognition of the hard work of the club's 400 employees during their Champions League run.

A club spokesman said: 'The trophy was accidentally damaged while pictures were being taken. It was minor damage and has already been repaired. We don't make comment on staff matters.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2161317/Chelsea-damage-European-Cup.html#ixzz1yDizPiml

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

The Doctor

How badly have you got to mistreat a trophy to break the handles off?  I worked in the FFC shop a few years ago, and following the title-winning seasons of 1998/99 and 2000/01 we had replicas of each of the trophies on display in the shop.  I made sure that whenever I was working, I got the tropy out of and returned it to it's safe overnight storage.  I'll admit that on occassion I went tearing round waving the tropy like a mad thing (who on here wouldn't?), but even then I didn't manage to come anywhere near breaking it.

Ham-fisted morons.

Airfix

Ban them from next season's competition.

Put Spurs in instead.....

:58:

... bugger!

Rupert

Quote from: Airfix on June 19, 2012, 09:29:38 AM

... bugger!

Just use a bit of lateral thinking, Airfix. SW6 has earned a place in next season's competition, so ban the hoologans and instead let the cultured team in the area enter.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Airfix

Quote from: Rupert on June 19, 2012, 10:44:21 AM
Quote from: Airfix on June 19, 2012, 09:29:38 AM

... bugger!

Just use a bit of lateral thinking, Airfix. SW6 has earned a place in next season's competition, so ban the hoologans and instead let the cultured team in the area enter.

By jingo, I think he's got it!

Who do we play first?

Rupert

We're straight through to the group stage, aren't we?

cloud9
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

HatterDon

Somebody tell Mr. White Noise that I continue to be in awe of his headlines. This is one of his best.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

jarv