watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Pog to Reading - 4 year deal

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, June 19, 2012, 11:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

Rumours circulating on Twitter that The Pog has signed a four year deal at Reading. Kick in the crown jewels if true. We need to get our act together.

Zu-Meister

another target, bjorn sigurdsson has gone to wolves apparently.

AlFayedsChequebook

Apparently he was after £42k a week.

Glad we said no.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 19, 2012, 11:59:42 AM
Apparently he was after £42k a week.

Glad we said no.

If that's the case then fair enough, we've just got 45k off the wages in AJ.

Walsh

"Sky Sources: Russia Striker Pavel Pogrebnyak to join Reading on a four-year deal."

It is currently the only breaking news on Sky Sports News.

JBH

If true it means we wouldn't pay over the top wages for an average player, so it is okay by me  :028:

Captain Peacock

Seems fine to me £45k a week no thanks.
Somewhere in deepest East Surrey
Follow me on twitter @pavo121

Brede Butter Pudding

Now broken on SSN.

To be honest I'm not overly bothered, he wasn't Jol's first choice. I just hope we've got a few top talents lined up. I have faith in Jol, hope he pulls a few quality signings out the bag.

Holders

Agreed. If he'd really wanted him he'd have got him. There's obviously a couple of replacements in mind.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Bassey the warrior

There was a rumour they were offering £65,000 per week. If true that's an astonishingly poor piece of business. I would've liked him to stay but I wouldn't offer more than £35,000 per week. I'm sure we'll find someone else.

jarv

We have been here before. No doubt, if the right player is not lined up there is no chance of Dempsey being allowed to leave, despite being in his last year. So, not all bad news.

Can't help but think there is more player and agent power in action with both AJ and Pog. Agents?? :014:

JBH

If he ends up at reading then I can't wait until we play against the ungrateful money grabbin bs'tard

Berserker

Miles too much money for him IMO. Would have totally messed up our wage structure.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Meerkat

No way was he worth that amount of money, bit miffed he used Fulham to get himself noticed but there again he filled in for us and scored a few goals which dried up after a couple of games.

SoCalJoe

He made a bigger contribution than anyone thought he would considering his form in Germany, and lucky for him his contract was up and Reading's new Russian owner had no problems opening his wallet and over paying. Perfect timing for Pog and don't begrudge him for signing it, seriously no rational person would pass that up (if those numbers are correct). My guess is Reading will eventually regret that contract big time.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

ScalleysDad

i suppose we could be magnanimous and say thanks for the nine points and good luck. Now please revert to distinctly average.
Of slightly more interest is the way the Gooners battle fund is being spent up with yet another signing on the way in. I had them down as a Demps destination but will there be any money left? As for Dembele to Spurs? More exits and uncertainty there than ever before and Manure have splashed out big money as well. Options seem to be dwindling. If you look at the Ruiz input on the numerous goal threads up and running I'm not even sure what sort of centre forward we need.

Burt

Nothing official announced yet.

Crazy wages if the rumours are true.

White Noise

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120619/pogrebnyak-rejects-fulham-sign-reading-deal-174753

Pogrebnyak rejects Fulham to sign Reading deal

By Warren Haughton | Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Russian striker Pavel Pogrebnyak has snubbed Fulham and will join Premier League new boys Reading on a four-year-deal.

talkSPORT have been told that the former Stuttgart striker will join the Royals revolution despite a successful loan stint at the Cottagers last season, where he scored six goals in 12 games.

The 28-year-old hitman was offered a long term deal at Craven Cottage but Reading, now backed by Russian-born owner Anton Zingarevich, have outbid Fulham and a host of Premier League clubs.

Sources close to Reading have told talkSPORT that the spending at the Madejski is far from over, with Royals boss Brian McDermott hoping to tie up deals for defenders Chris Gunther and Adrian Mariappa from Forest and Watford respectively.

RidgeRider

Too bad he'll be playing in the Championship next year.....well lets hope anyway, better them than us down there.

EJL

Why do you have to go and break my heart Poggy?

:012: