watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Potential Signings

Started by Ordar, June 21, 2012, 11:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

With the European Championships in full swing, and the opening of the transfer window on July 1st quickly approaching, was just interested to know which players people think we will bring in, and who realistically they would like to see brought in.

Obviously key areas to address are RB, CM, CF(x2) assuming we dont lose the Dems.

My suggestions are: (first is a likely signing, second is wishful thinking)

RB - Danny Simpson/Nathan Clyne
CM - Danny Guthrie (free agent aswell)/Blaszczykowski
CF - Rhodes & Defoe/Bendtner & Gignac

Bonus Signings

L/RW - Jarvis/Narsingh & Elia
CB - Kaboul/Fazio

ideally setting the side up like:

Any takers?

Willard

What happened to Mark Schwarzer? I think he's still first choice GK. I would have thought Stockdale more likely to leave than him.

SKSW6

Obviously he may have changed his mind since then, but in Feb Gignac said he rejected a winter move to Everton as he will only leave for a club like Man Utd:

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/889215-andre-pierre-gignac-everton-transfer-not-for-me-i-want-manchester-united

Ordar

Well as Schwarzer is 40 in October, I thought it would be a good time to bed Stockdale in, rather than lose him, then have to go through the palava of looking for a replacement next summer when Schwarzer's extension ends and I would imagine he might retire.

re Gignac, he was very impressed with Jol's personal touch last summer so wouldnt at all be surprised if he went back for him.

Bassey the warrior

Think we need a new right back, striker and right winger. If Dempsey and Dembele leaves we'll obviously need replacements. We will need squad players too. Schwarzer doesn't deserve to be dropped, he's much better than Stockdale. Send Stockdale out on loan to keep him happy.

Boggers

Also - Mark is in great shape, and has plans to play at Brazil 2014 so I can see him being our #1 for at least another season, but other than that - an exciting line up!
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

Ordar

Ok obviously the keeper debate can rage on.

But on topic, who would you guys realistically like to see brought in to solve our problem areas

Walsh

Quote from: Ordar on June 21, 2012, 05:15:36 PM

But on topic, who would you guys realistically like to see brought in to solve our problem areas

I would like to see Fazio in the squad, I don't want Danny Simpson as I have heard he isn't that great from Newcastle fans and Guthrie would be an okay signing. I would like to see Rhodes in the Premiership but if Huddersfield are asking for over 6m I don't think we should take the risk, I would like to see Maxi Lopez, Yilmaz or Jo at Fulham, I know that Jo hasn't been linked with us or anything but I think he would be a great signing he hasn't really had the best career as City ruined him by putting him in their reserves but I thought he had potential before he went to City. Elia would obviously be a dream signing but I must say there has been signing's like this is in the past so I wouldn't count it out just yet.

I think our first big transfer will come in on the 12th July being most probably Jordan Rhodes, I am pretty confident that it will be a week or so after the euro's finishes (1st July) I love the transfer window and can't wait until it heats up a little, we have had a preview with Hazard juggling contracts between clubs and mind loving us with the twitter situation.

Also a quick question to you Ordar, do you think Danny Murphy will be on his way out or will he sign another contract?

EDIT:

The squad I'd like to see next year

http://footballformation.co.uk/team/4231/210612164620.png

Reindeer

Quote from: Walsh on June 21, 2012, 05:35:40 PM
Quote from: Ordar on June 21, 2012, 05:15:36 PM

I would like to see Fazio in the squad, I don't want Danny Simpson as I have heard he isn't that great from Newcastle fans and Guthrie would be an okay signing. I would like to see Rhodes in the Premiership but if Huddersfield are asking for over 6m I don't think we should take the risk, I would like to see Maxi Lopez, Yilmaz or Jo at Fulham, I know that Jo hasn't been linked with us or anything but I think he would be a great signing he hasn't really had the best career as City ruined him by putting him in their reserves but I thought he had potential before he went to City. Elia would obviously be a dream signing but I must say there has been signing's like this is in the past so I wouldn't count it out just yet.

I think our first big transfer will come in on the 12th July being most probably Jordan Rhodes, I am pretty confident that it will be a week or so after the euro's finishes (1st July) I love the transfer window and can't wait until it heats up a little, we have had a preview with Hazard juggling contracts between clubs and mind loving us with the twitter situation.

Also a quick question to you Ordar, do you think Danny Murphy will be on his way out or will he sign another contract?

EDIT:

Jo would be a complete waste of money.  He was rubbish at Everton on loan and is not a great finisher.

Not enthused about Yilmaz either.  The Turkish league is a way behind our own in terms of quality and his abilities may look magnified against such poor opposition.

Extremely depressed about our options and lack of movement in the transfer market.

ElissonSnygg

I like that squad! But still, very unlikely
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

TWFL

Still think there's a possibility Rodallega will sign come 1st July. But from there who knows.

twang

Quote from: TWFL on June 21, 2012, 06:19:40 PM
Still think there's a possibility Rodallega will sign come 1st July. But from there who knows.

I'd be well happy with that. Would be a brilliant piece of business.

EDIT:

Kuba as defensive midfielder?! Pull back Dembele, play Ruiz behind the striker, put Kuba on the right wing and it makes much more sense.

Walsh

Quote from: twang on June 21, 2012, 07:03:54 PM

I'd be well happy with that. Would be a brilliant piece of business.

EDIT:

Kuba as defensive midfielder?! Pull back Dembele, play Ruiz behind the striker, put Kuba on the right wing and it makes much more sense.

hardly in a DM role?? he is in the center of the park, also he has played DM and AMR in his career he would be happy to adapt to any role given to him.

Ordar

I have a feeling Danny will go to be honest. I think if he was going to sign an extension it would have happened by now.

Luckily I think Jol is evolving the team to not need to central playmaker. In Ruiz, Dembele and Dempsey alone we have very creative players. Add to that anyone coming in. Might actually be a good time for Murph to decide to move on (not that I want him to) in the sense that it will force our hand a bit in terms of how we play. Currently we sometimes look to him to do everything, a bit like we did when Bullard was here.

I think who he brings in as the number 1 striker will tell us alot about the direction the side is going in.

It wont get alot of support on here but I think Bendtner would suit our style perfectly

Senior Supporter

I'm sure there was an "in the know" report a while ago that he had agreed to join us, and somebody else said recently that we already have one incoming player tied up who would be a popular signing. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you are correct. Have you heard anything Mr Fulham?

twang

Quote from: Walsh on June 21, 2012, 07:18:56 PM
hardly in a DM role?? he is in the center of the park, also he has played DM and AMR in his career he would be happy to adapt to any role given to him.

Well I don't know about earlier in his career but Kuba's certainly an attacking player now, a winger or offensive midfielder. Can't see any reason why he should be played in a deeper position really.

Bassey the warrior

On my wishlist are the following: Chadli, Yilmaz, Luuk De Jong, Simpson, Rhodes, Clyne, Corluka, possibly Naughton, Bosingwa, Kalou (very unlikely I know), possibly Gebre Selassie, wouldn't mind Yakubu, Mandzukic, possibly Graham, Nathan Dyer, Joe Allen, Giovani Dos Santos. The other players we've been linked with I don't really know much about.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Ordar on June 21, 2012, 11:56:24 AM
With the European Championships in full swing, and the opening of the transfer window on July 1st quickly approaching, was just interested to know which players people think we will bring in, and who realistically they would like to see brought in.

Obviously key areas to address are RB, CM, CF(x2) assuming we dont lose the Dems.

My suggestions are: (first is a likely signing, second is wishful thinking)

RB - Danny Simpson/Nathan Clyne
CM - Danny Guthrie (free agent aswell)/Blaszczykowski
CF - Rhodes & Defoe/Bendtner & Gignac

Bonus Signings

L/RW - Jarvis/Narsingh & Elia
CB - Kaboul/Fazio

ideally setting the side up like:

Any takers?

I'm really liking Diarra. Personally I think he's a superior player to Murphy. Has much more to his game. Playing him will give us real steel in midfield as well as allowing Dembele more freedom to roam forward. His passing ability is very good and he is quite creative when he wants to be. For me he can play both Etuhu's and Murphy's role.

Ordar

I really like Diarra too. I am still bemused how he wasnt picked up by a bigger team earlier in the season. He oozes quality, and I think him and dembele will form a very effective partnership next season.

I'm looking forward to see who we sign first. Think it will give a good indication of the level of players we're trying to bring in

Walsh

I remember posting on this a couple of weeks ago and was wondering has anybody's opinion changed? Mine has changed quite a bit, the people we were linked with then have defiantly died down.