more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tomas Sivok

Started by fulhamthroughandthrough, June 22, 2012, 09:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 26, 2012, 12:06:00 PM
Hughes played every match during the last few months and the defence was back to it's solid usual self, while Senderos was benched again. So yes, I tend to think it's Hughes.

Selling Senderos would of course go against everything that has happened so far this off season, which would be odd.

twang

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 26, 2012, 11:47:18 AM
Quote from: twang on June 26, 2012, 11:38:45 AM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 26, 2012, 11:04:43 AM
Quote from: twang on June 26, 2012, 10:35:16 AM
According to Marca Fulham have beaten Sevilla to the signing of Sivok. Apparently we have offered the free agent €1,5m annually (almost £25k p/w), something that cash-strapped Sevilla aren't prepared to match.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marca.com%2F2012%2F06%2F26%2Ffutbol%2Fequipos%2Fsevilla%2F1340700539.html

one of our CBs off then.

I've had a feeling for quite a while that Senderos will be let go if a decent offer comes in. He failed to really establish himself in the starting eleven even though he got a head start on Hughes by Jol.

But as I said it's strictly a gut feeling, and based the fact that it makes sense financially since we got him on a free and his contract expire next year.

How does it make financial sense? Hughes is also out of contract next year and significantly older.

As said above: Signed as free transfer, sold two years later for £xm. Good deal all around

Hughes on the other hand has very little resale value and, at least IMHO, would make the better backup (solid as a rock, old and experienced, won't kick up a fuss if he's not in the side).

Legate21

Is this Sivok really any good then?

ffc73

Maybe he's a replacement for Hangeland as are not all players with only 1-year left on their contract automatically "off to pastures new"?

Mr Fulham

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 26, 2012, 12:10:04 PM
Hughes played every match during the last few months and the defence was back to it's solid usual self, while Senderos was benched again. So yes, I tend to think it's Hughes.

Selling Senderos would of course go against everything that has happened so far this off season

Really?

Why....

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 26, 2012, 03:51:12 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 26, 2012, 12:10:04 PM

Selling Senderos would of course go against everything that has happened so far this off season

Really?

Why....

Because we would be selling a young (ish) player.

Mr Fulham

MasterHaynes

It also depends on how Jol rates Dan Burn and Josh Passley and when/if he thinks they maybe ready to step up. To quote Jol if your good enough your old enough.

Lighthouse

It is claimed that he has already left his club and signed a contract with his new one. So we may well know sooner rather than later.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

twang

Quote from: Legate21 on June 26, 2012, 12:41:56 PM
Is this Sivok really any good then?

I hadn't really heard of him pre the Euros but IMHO he, along with quite a few of his team mates, was impressive for the Czechs. After they got destroyed by the Russians, the Czech coach dropped Sivok's central defender partner and paired him up with left back Kadlec. It was obviously a great move as it made their defence really solid, only letting in 2 goals in the 3 remaining matches.

Reindeer

That's rubbish.  Our problem was our weak away form.  Defensively we've been solid at home with whoever played at the back.

This revisionist BS gets on my nerves.  So you don't like Senderos?  He didn't cost us one match last year and well you know this.  

Hughes is a year older next season and Phil will be depended on to play more games.  

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Reindeer on June 26, 2012, 10:56:45 PM

This revisionist BS gets on my nerves.  So you don't like Senderos?  
I just think Hughes is the better defender. That's pretty much everything, y'know?

Reindeer

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 26, 2012, 11:04:54 PM
Quote from: Reindeer on June 26, 2012, 10:56:45 PM

This revisionist BS gets on my nerves.  So you don't like Senderos? 
I just think Hughes is the better defender. That's pretty much everything, y'know?

That's your opinion.  However you quote previously as fact that we became a better side when Hughes came back.  This is not fact, we achieved  similar results at home and got beat away. 

I never hear Kelly getting a hard time and for me, he is the worst 1st team defender we've got. Still if you can through imaginary mud at Senderos, then feel free.

rhyspabsolom

Quote from: MasterHaynes on June 26, 2012, 04:27:18 PM
To quote Jol if your good enough your old enough.

Although he probably said it with better grammar.

west kowloon white

And talking of Sendros??SIVOK?? and who is off- yes they probably are-perhaps a new thread on Sendros' talent/religious beliefs.
sivok????????????????

NorthernWhite

Reports from Spain are saying that Sivok signed a pre-contract with an unnamed French club before the Euro's so this deal is far from being close if true. The report also says he'd still be keen on Sevilla but his agent has close ties with Fulham and we're offering more money.

twang

Quote from: NorthernWhite on June 27, 2012, 05:59:38 AM
Reports from France are saying that Sivok signed a pre-contract with an unnamed French club before the Euro's so this deal is far from being close if true. The report also says he'd still be keen on Sevilla but his agent has close ties with Fulham and we're offering more money.

But why would Sivok's agent negotiate with other clubs if his client has already signed a contract somewhere else? That doesn't really make much sense.

NorthernWhite

Quote from: twang on June 27, 2012, 06:54:46 AM
Quote from: NorthernWhite on June 27, 2012, 05:59:38 AM
Reports from France are saying that Sivok signed a pre-contract with an unnamed French club before the Euro's so this deal is far from being close if true. The report also says he'd still be keen on Sevilla but his agent has close ties with Fulham and we're offering more money.

But why would Sivok's agent negotiate with other clubs if his client has already signed a contract somewhere else? That doesn't really make much sense.

Not sure but not beyond the realms that he thought he'd chance his arm to get a higher salary, signing on fee and cut for himself after he had a good Euro's.

Mr Fulham

It's ridiculous that an EURO participant signs a pre-contract agreement with a club ahead of the EUROs...

NorthernWhite

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 27, 2012, 09:03:46 AM
It's ridiculous that an EURO participant signs a pre-contract agreement with a club ahead of the EUROs...

If true, I agree, it would be. He may have signed back in Jan though and was unsure whether he would be playing in the tournament.