more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (23/06/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 23, 2012, 04:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Orlando's Goal Hope

Orlando Sa has endured a frustrating 2012 so far after a hamstring injury suffered whilst playing for the Development Squad limited the number of appearances he made for Martin Jol's side.

Now fully recovered, the striker is keen to return to Motspur Park to ensure he is in peak condition for the 2012/13 campaign.

"I feel that this is a really important pre-season for me," Orlando told fulhamfc.com. "I want to be really prepared ahead of the new campaign because I want this year to be my year.

"I hope that I can score more goals like the one I got against Norwich. That was a good moment for me and I hope I will have many more moments like the one I experienced at Carrow Road.

"Next season will be much better for me. I did find the pace of the game very fast five or six months ago but towards the end of the season I felt good and come August I hope to be much better."

Like any individual who moves to a new country for the first time, Sa has undergone a period of transition but insists that he is now settled after almost a year of living in the UK.

"I love London," the Portuguese striker said. "I live in Wimbledon Village and it's very relaxing and tranquil. The traffic isn't too bad which is good because I like a relaxed atmosphere.

"My English is improving but I'm spending the summer trying to improve it even more so it's easier for me when we return for pre-season training."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/June/OrlandosGoalHope.aspx?#ixzz1yaEuqZbm

WhiteJC

Davis Returning South!

Casting a brief eye over the transfer gossip in general, it appears that a former player of ours could be on the move again.

With the Glasgow Rangers crisis continuing, there are mutterings that Steve Davis could be on the verge of a return to English football.

The popular midfielder is seen as a possible target for newly promoted Southampton and could be available for as little as £2 million.

Davis, if Southampton capture him, could be jut the kind of solid player the south-coast club needs to bolster their squad as they look to ensure their meteoric rise from League One to the Premier League in successive season`s, doesn`t end in the despair of relegation.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=285335#ixzz1yaF9hex0

WhiteJC

More Murphy Drama

The smoke intensifies and now I really do believe there is no smoke without fire!

Yesterday the tabloid inference was that Danny Murphy might be tempted by a switch across town, to Loftus Road, to team up, once again, with Mark Hughes.

Today the inference is that, although Danny is settled in West London the chance for him to return to the north-west could tempt him to leave the capital.

The club trying to entice him away from London, with an offer reported to be in the region of £25,000 a week, are recently relegated Blackburn Rovers.

It seems the Venky brothers have decreed that Steve Kean will remain in charge and that some cash will be released to support the acquisition of some experienced players to try and help Blackburn climb back into the Premier League, at the first attempt.

Will Danny be tempted?

I`d be surprised if he was, I still reckon it`ll be straight choice between staying at Craven Cottage or venturing to Loftus Road.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=285336#ixzz1yaFN1Jwn

WhiteJC

Sa vows to be fully fit
Striker wants to be really prepared ahead of the new campaign

Orlando Sa: The forward hopes to be fully recovered from an hamstring injury

Fulham striker Orlando Sa has revealed he aims to be fully fit ahead of the new Premier League season.

The 24-year-old former Braga and FC Porto player endured a frustrating campaign under manager Martin Jol after suffering a hamstring injury.

But Sa insists he hopes to reach peak condition in order to break his way into the starting XI in time for the West Londoners first game of the season at home to Norwich City - a side he has fond memories of playing against.

"I feel that this is a really important pre-season for me," Sa told the club's official website.

"I want to be really prepared ahead of the new campaign because I want this year to be my year.

"I hope that I can score more goals like the one I got against Norwich. That was a good moment for me and I hope I will have many more moments like the one I experienced at Carrow Road.

"Next season will be much better for me. I did find the pace of the game very fast five or six months ago but towards the end of the season I felt good and come August I hope to be much better."

Tranquil

And the Barcelos-born player feels much more settled now that he has been living in the UK for almost a year.

"I love London," the Portuguese striker said. "I live in Wimbledon Village and it's very relaxing and tranquil. The traffic isn't too bad which is good because I like a relaxed atmosphere.

"My English is improving but I'm spending the summer trying to improve it even more so it's easier for me when we return for pre-season training."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7835589/?

WhiteJC

Burak Yilmaz interesting Fulham

Some of you will already be aware of this, as it's a couple of days old – but now that it seems Pavel Pogrebnyak is on his way to Fulham, rumours linking Martin Jol with moves for big, powerful forwards carry a bit more weight.

On Wednesday, Sky Sports reported that Trabzonspor had received offers for their red-hot forward Burak Yilmaz, with club President Sadri Sener being quoted as saying that:

"Lazio, Tottenham and Fulham want him and we shall now see."

26 year-old Yilmaz has had an extraordinary season in Turkey, and has returned 32 goals from 31 appearances in the Super Lig – it's little wonder then that about eight or nine Premier League clubs have been linked with a move for his signature.

From Sener's quotes, you can apply some common sense; Tottenham, without a permanent manager in place, are unlikely to be committing themselves to a purchase in such a key area of their team – so that really just leaves Fulham or Lazio as potential suitors.

With Pogrebnyak gone, and Fulham now without a recognised targetman, this guy would actually make perfect sense. No, he's never played outside Turkey, but that league is better than you think – there's a lot of new money rolling through Turkish football at the moment, and the standard is improving.

A decision is probably due on this imminently – here are his goals from last season, and they give you a pretty good idea of what kind of player he is:
Burak Yilmaz Trabzonspor All Goals 2011 - 2012

http://thepremierleagueowl.com/burak-yilmaz-interesting-fulham/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=burak-yilmaz-interesting-fulham