more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Roy is pure class

Started by Bassey the warrior, June 23, 2012, 02:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18559830

I'll always have time for him. He is the classiest bloke in football. I think he'll do a lot for our global image, imagine how cheap we'd look with 'Arry in charge.

RidgeRider

IMHO, he is the definition of what I always thought an English manager would and should be.

Holders

The main point that strikes me is - has anyone else noticed the different reception that Roy is getting from the foreign coaches compared to most other recent England managers? They know him and respect him; not only that but he can talk to many of them in their own languages.

Contrast that with the likes of Taylor, Keegan or McClaren! Anyone for 'arry now? And would we have finished top of the group? I rather doubt it!

Good on Roy. I don't suppose many Fulham or West Brom fans are surprised in the least but many others are learning a bit of respect and keeping their critical mouths shut for a bit. Even Carragher is only making oblique snipes.

Roy doesn't brag, not many people acknowledged his vastly-superior experience over "people's choice" 'arry and it's hardly common knowledge that Germany wanted to talk to him as potential team-manager in 1998.

That's the measure of the man.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

YankeeJim

I may be off base a bit, but to me the measure of a coach is, does he get the most out of his team? For that reason those that coach with a check book do not, it seems to me, to necessarily be topnotch managers. Ask yourself, would old Red Nose have taken us to the Europa final? If he loses a player he just puts in the next 10 million worth player. He doesn't have to change his formation to cover for the loss. In short, a great manager plays with what he has and adapts to whatever situation he confronts. This is not the most talented English squad ever assembled. I think they'll win today. Germany? Not so sure.

BTW, Sir Roy...that has a nice ring.  000en.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

RidgeRider

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 23, 2012, 05:43:22 PM
I may be off base a bit, but to me the measure of a coach is, does he get the most out of his team? For that reason those that coach with a check book do not, it seems to me, to necessarily be topnotch managers. Ask yourself, would old Red Nose have taken us to the Europa final? If he loses a player he just puts in the next 10 million worth player. He doesn't have to change his formation to cover for the loss. In short, a great manager plays with what he has and adapts to whatever situation he confronts. This is not the most talented English squad ever assembled. I think they'll win today. Germany? Not so sure.

:54:

leonffc

I heard through some media (I forget which) the other day that never before has an English managers name been sung so often or loud from the 'terraces'.

The blokes infectious. Sir Roy!

Fernhurst

BTW, Sir Roy...that has a nice ring. 

One things for sure, it would sit quite comfortably on Roy's proud Englishmans shoulders.
He would never let his country down.
Just watching him on SSN addressing the Italian press in their own language.
Pure Class!

Arry would have asked Old Botachelli to translate
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

It appears Roy has also worked his magic on Steven Gerrard's Public Speaking.
There is less twitching He only reverted to the 'you know' and  the dreaded 'EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAA'  at 9:50 seemed very at ease
For the first time I found the guy  almost likeable.  

Really interested to know what White Witch made of it ??

This video  2010 ,  Favio and Steven:
Fabio Capello and Steven Gerrard on Wayne Rooney 07/09/10

This video from a day ago  Roy and Steven :
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18565207

domprague

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 23, 2012, 05:43:22 PM

+1
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

NogoodBoyo

Well, I can't speak for Witchie, but I found Gerrard likeable and confident.  Sir Roy has a very good way of imposing himself on the questioner.  Firm.  Not a man to be taken lightly.
Watch his eyes when he was listening to the Italian questions.  Darting from side to side with mucho velocitas they were.  Don't know what to make of that.
Nogood "never seen that, isit" Boyo

Berserker

Isn't that 'shifty' Mr NG Boyo? Actually my dad had a eye problem and he couldn't look to the right without his eyes doing the Roy thing
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.