News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

White Noise and The Doctor - There is £20 with your names on it!

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, June 24, 2012, 12:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

Having mouthed off that I was confident that Murphy was going to stay, I now have £20 to donate to a charity of your choice or the forum. Where do people want to see it go?

A few thoughts on Murphy going:

1) We will miss him, but it is something that had to happen.

It is true that we were not as good when he did not play, but this is also because he was almost ever present in the side. The team was built around him. Murphy going was always on the cards, even if most of us thought it would be next year. I am confident we will rebuild the midfield, even if the players are not the same as Murphy. People have wanted a Murphy replacement for seasons, and now we are going to have to deal with it.

2) It is good to see him want to play

It seems he dropped down a league both to make sure he got as many games as possible and because he got offered a great deal. Interestingly his missus said that Steve Keane was a big reason for him going to rovers. This strikers me as a bit odd because Keane seems to be a fool. Lets hope Murphy doesn't end up a scapegoat for that regime. Browsing their messageboards, a few seem excited but most don't realise what they have got - a very good signing for him.

3) This is probably best for both parties

I dont blame Fulham for letting him go. It seems he was offered another contract on similar money but wanted a guarantee of games. Jol, sensibly IMO, was honest and told him we would be looking to phase him out and eventually replace him. I hope the departure was amicable, because I would love to see Danny back here at Fulham in future, potentially as manager.

White Noise

The forum for me please. Thanks very much.  :54:

For passes, tackles and chances created he was one of the ten best midfielders in the PL last season and Jol himself said that Murphy had at least one more year in him. I think its a great shame that Murphy wanted to stay with Fulham but the club wanted to move in a different direction. I can see the argument in favour of moving on but I am in the camp of old romantics who like to see their favourite players stay around for as long as possible.

A really great Captain, it is difficult to imagine us finding anyone as good as him as Skipper.

As for taking penalties - I don't think we will ever see someone as accomplished. Thank goodness we don't win many!

The Doctor

Damn. I took that bet assuming my normal betting form would kick in and I'd be out of pocket.  Ah well.  Stick my "winnings" in the FoF pot as well AFC.  Top man.

As for Danny, I wish him well.  I honestly hope he has a good spell at Rovers.  He's never given less that his best at Fulham and has dug us out of the brown stuff on a few occassions.  Everything you could ask of a Captain and more.  Should he ever want to return, he'll be welcomed with open arms.

As for FFC post-Murphy, well....it's a big pair of boots to fill.  Hopefully his successor won't suffer by comparison as he settles in to his new role.  With any luck we can hang on to the other big players in the squad so as to ease the transition

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

NogoodBoyo

I don't want to appear to be a maudlin sappy-legged twiglet, but there's something rather special about this thread.  Decent, honourable people and a moving conclusion.
Nogood "Murphy moving, isit" Boyo

ron