watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Simon Davies

Started by Me-ate-Live, innit??, June 24, 2012, 12:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me-ate-Live, innit??

The light on my landing .....................................has he actually gone ???

The-Premier-League-released-list--club-
FULHAM
Andrew Johnson (Forward, 31)
Danny Murphy (Midfielder, 35)
Pavel Pogrebnyak (right, forward, 28)
Bjorn Riise
(Midfielder, 28)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2153405/The-Premier-League-released-list--club-club.html#ixzz1yf8FTuef

AlFayedsChequebook

Didn't he sign a new contract under Hughes?

Walsh

I like Davies, I hope he see's out his contract.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

The general view appears to be that we will not see him in a Fulham Shirt again

Probably because of this :
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7709286/

Martin Jol has warned Simon Davies he will only be a bit-part player if he opts to stay at Fulham next season.

The 32-year-old's contract expires at Craven Cottage at the end of next season and has found himself slipping down the pecking order this term.

The Welshman missed the first half of the season with a knee injury, and has started only four games since returning to action.

He has not even managed to earn a place on the bench over the previous month with 18-year-old Kerim Frei and 20-year-old Alex Kacaniklic, who has been recalled from a loan spell at Watford, being preferred.

Jol says he has no personal problem with Davies, but wants to make the team more youthful next season.

"He was involved at first, but was injured for eight, nine months, then I took him back," Jol told the Fulham Chronicle.

"But I've got a few youngsters and I don't want to just create a space for the older players all the time - and I think I had to do this from the start of the season.

"The only youngster player here was Matthew Briggs and the average was 31, so it was the oldest team in Europe.

"He (Davies) is a great boy. He can play on the left, on the right, or in midfield and I can even use him as a right back like I did before."

God The Mechanic

Quote from: KCat on June 24, 2012, 01:27:38 AM
"But I've got a few youngsters and I don't want to just create a space for the older players all the time - and I think I had to do this from the start of the season.

I think that's the telling part - if there are a bunch of youngsters who MAY make a place for themselves, having older guys in their stead or even taking up a place for another kid to get some experience/confidence boost of playing with the first team would be counter productive.

A fair few current fan favourites are gonna have to go in the next season or two in order to progress, and it sucks :P  SD is one of those, and he's been out injured for ages, so makes sense to get rid really.  Still sucks though!

YankeeJim

I'd hate to see him go. He is a great PRO & does whatever the coach wants and all with great effort. Sad, but time marches on. I have no doubt he has a year or two left with some one else.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Jack Fulham

Love Simon Davies but he isn't a Jol player, will never forget his equaliser against Hamburg and then his equaliser against Atletico!

Matt Inglis

If I were him I'd stay this season. Even if he does initially lose his spot to some youngsters we may realise we need his experience. However, it is hard to say what he should do because he may end having an awful, bench-warming season. No player of his class deserves that.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

MasterHaynes

If we don't sign a right back I'd play him there every game as he is by far the best all round right sided palyer we will have in the squad, even Jol hinted that he could play him there, Ruiz and Davies playing together on the right side could be a revelation next season, would love to see Jol give it a try in pre season

Two Ton Ted

I think he could play in the Murphy role in the centre of the park - he can certainly pass a ball.

BUT the big problem remains his fitness.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: MasterHaynes on June 25, 2012, 03:14:55 PM
If we don't sign a right back I'd play him there every game as he is by far the best all round right sided palyer we will have in the squad, even Jol hinted that he could play him there, Ruiz and Davies playing together on the right side could be a revelation next season, would love to see Jol give it a try in pre season

I am not ready to see the last of Si ...
I am always reassured when I see him on the field,  like Dembélé,  I recognise their style/movement from the back  of the stand ............................................  when I forget my glasses  :038:

MJG

Quote from: MasterHaynes on June 25, 2012, 03:14:55 PM
I have been saying convert him to a full time RB for the last two seasons. If we fail to get one he can compete with Kelly & Baird for that position.