watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lee Clark to Birmingham

Started by EJL, June 25, 2012, 11:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr-ska

Birmingham have a right result if they get Clarky..

AlFayedsChequebook

Will be interesting to see how he does. He had money to spend and left an unpopular figure at Huddersfield.

TonyGilroy

I know a long standing Huddersfield fan who was pleased he left.

Money spent badly, defensive, dull tactics, an inarticulate manner. He was sacked when they were 3rd or 4th but the fans weren't upset.

Make or break for him at Birmingham. Because he was, deservedly, a popular player with us we shouldn't assume that he's a managerial prodigy.

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on June 26, 2012, 09:27:47 AM

I know a long standing Huddersfield fan who was pleased he left.

Money spent badly, defensive, dull tactics, an inarticulate manner. He was sacked when they were 3rd or 4th but the fans weren't upset.

Make or break for him at Birmingham. Because he was, deservedly, a popular player with us we shouldn't assume that he's a managerial prodigy.
I'm a great believer in that fans know there club better than anyone and when a manager leaves or gets the sack its us who can give the real picture of whats been going on not the press.

From the outside (and our love for Clark) it looked stupid that he got the sack, but I also have a couple of Huddersfied contacts and they said pretty much the same thing, so something went worng up there thats for sure.

Legate21

Is there such a thing as references in Football or am I foolish to think that the Birmingham board might have made contact with the Huddersfield board to ask what Clark was like?

LBNo11

...great players do not necessarily make good managers - and vice versa. Along with the other members of the 'Shady1 and his message board minders' (check out the sponsors page of the old programmes) we sponsored Lee Clark, and he was a lovely guy who made us very welcome and took time with us. I did have to act as his translator mind as I can speak Geordie.

I hope he does reasonably well, but I'm worried that he will suffer a massive fail that will affect his career in management irrevocably.

Good luck Woor Lee - but not against us...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

Damn... Bad news this, as I am married to a brummie and they are on the blue side of the fence. Could this be peace in our time?