more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (26/06/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 26, 2012, 04:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Aaron Ramsey Targeted Again

Aaron Ramsey has been linked with Fulham before, but this time it makes a lot of sense.

With Danny Murphy gone and a midfield rock needed who can both defend and attack, Martin Jol has looked to a man rumored to be interested in a move to Craven Cottage in the past, Aaron Ramsey.

Last year, Mark Hughes tried to secure a season-long loan deal for Ramsey, with an option to buy at the end, but ultimately Arsene Wenger didn't bite.

Now, despite starting 27 matches and appearing in 7 more last season, it seems that with Mikel Arteta and Jack Wilshire set to be healthy (they hope), plus Arsenal are the leading candidates for Yann M'Villa. With those three men ready to go by the start of the season, it could see Ramsey bow out of the Gunners starting lineup.

Thus, as footballers are always looking for playing time to stay sharp and show the world what they're capable of, Ramsey may be interested in joining Fulham to secure regular playing time, of which he'd see a lot of, with the departure of Danny Murphy.

According to a very reliable source on Twitter who has contacts who would know (you should all give him a follow, incredibly smart Fulham fan, @willpaul25) Fulham are set to make Arsenal an initial offer of £5.5 million, with a maximum of £4 million more possibly tacked on depending on appearances, cup and league finishes, etc.  Also, Fulham would offer Ramsey around £45,000 a week base salary, plus a lot of incentives which could see that go way up depending on how he performs.

Editor's note: NOTHING HAS BEEN OFFERED YET.  These are preliminary figures and just a possibility.  Fulham are just in initial talks at the moment.  That is all we know for now.

Another distinct possibility is that Fulham could take Ramsey on a season-long loan. That's what Mark Hughes tried to get last year, but he wanted a permanent option at the end of it and Wenger wouldn't give it to him.  We'll see if Jol tries to take the same route.

Seeing a player drop ranks like this isn't something that happens every day, so I wouldn't all get your hopes up as if this is a done deal.  However, it makes a good deal of sense from the perspective of both parties, and apparently Ramsey has already had an initial meeting with Martin Jol and Alistair Makintosh, meaning that, if true, there's a good deal of promise to this deal.

This deserves monitoring, as it's nothing concrete, but there's some sense to what is being said here.

One more thing to close this out: as you may know, I don't post transfer rumors on here too often, because 95% of them are rubbish and there are bull-you-know-what rumors out there every day.  If you are a Fulham fan, be wary in the next few weeks.  With Danny Murphy having left, lazy journos are going to start linking Fulham with every midfielder out there who's having even the slightest bit of trouble with his club.  Be careful what you read when it comes to midfielder links in this transfer market.  I only know this one is legitimate because the source is very reliable.  Keep your guard up!

http://fulhamsfinest.com/2012/06/25/aaron-ramsey-targeted-again/?

WhiteJC

A Fulham fan on Danny Murphy

Because we're a nice bunch over here at Vital Blackburn we figured we'd seek a little extra insight into our first summer signing.

With Danny Murphy polarising opinion since his recent arrival at Ewood Park I asked respect Fulham fan site Cottagers Confidential for a little help.

Their editor Kristian Balkin was asked a few questions regards the new boy and he kindly obliged by letting us know the ins and outs of a player that they should know rather well.

Anyways here goes...

Are you guys sad to see Danny leave? Do you feel he could have stayed on? Or past his sell by date now?

I think the feeling among Fulham fans - and this is widespread - is that this is a huge loss, and not just in footballing terms. As our captain, and having been at the club since 2007, he's become part of the furniture as it were and it's a gap that can't realistically be filled. He could have stayed on but, with Martin Jol re-branding Fulham into a fresh, youthful outfit, his future - as well as many other's - was in doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a short term deal on the table that he wasn't willing to sign because he wants to see out his career in a first team. As for being past his sell-by-date, well, he's certainly someone that's ageing and his legs aren't what they were but, with that, his experience will only grow.

What sort of strengths does he have?

Murphy will spray balls around the park all day long and a fair proportion of them will be particularly accurate. He dictates play but this regularly goes unnoticed and, more than anything, he has a mind that seems to be one step ahead of everyone else's. In the Championship his role may have to be adapted slightly but expect some devilish through balls and some astute running from him. He's an unsung hero in every respect - it's only in leaving Fulham that we're going to realise quite how important he was to us.

And likewise any weaknesses we should beware?

At 35, he's not getting any younger. Despite playing every game bar 3 last season, it's clear that he doesn't have the fitness that he used to and I'd expect to see him pulled off, quite regularly, with 20 or 30 minutes left to play. On top of that, his aggression can get the better of him but in many ways, this is more of a positive spun into a negative. He's dedicated to the cause and this will, sometimes, lead to a bad tackle here or a pinch of dissent there, but I wouldn't be too worried about that.

We always seem to hear that Danny was something of a club man whilst at Fulham, was this the right portrayal of him?

100%. He seemed very attached to Fulham and I don't think that belief will be tarnished by his leaving. As the captain, obviously he had that extra allegiance to the club and we all certainly felt he would see out his career at Craven Cottage, perhaps even going into coaching as well, but we won't begrudge him leaving if we couldn't offer him the football. We don't have many players that seem quite so proud to play here so you've got yourself someone who will stick by you, through thick and thin.

And finally how do you see him getting on at Rovers, he's optimistic of getting us promoted at the first time of asking, can he have an influence?

He'll do well. I can't guarantee the drop down will suit his style of play but, then again, it may suit him perfectly. It's difficult to tell, really, but you've undoubtedly bagged yourself a talented, experienced work horse who can boost your creativity. We'll miss him for that and we'll miss him for what he meant to the club. We all sincerely hope to see him back in SW6 one day. Best wishes to him and best wishes to Blackburn!

Thank you to Kris for taking the time to talk to us, you can catch Kris and the gang doing their thing over at Cottagers Confidential.

Read more: http://www.blackburn.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=285500#ixzz1yroJdzP8

WhiteJC

Murphy Moves On!

That rather tasty feed we got yesterday inferring that Danny Murphy was bound for Blackburn Rovers, has proven to be exactly right.

News broke around about lunchtime today that Murphy has signed a two year deal with the Championship club.

With Murphy`s contract being up at Craven Cottage there will be no fee and talking about the acquisition to the official Blackburn Rovers web site, their manager, Steve Kean, who also has Fulham connections, has remarked,

"Being able to bring Danny on board is a massive boost for everyone."

"I couldn`t be more delighted. His record is there for all to see."

"He is a model professional who has a real hunger to keep on playing football and we are thrilled he has decided to commit his future to us. This is a pivotal signing for us."

Here at Vital Fulham we`d like to thank Danny for everything he has done for the club, but most especially that goal down at Fratton Park that ensured our top-flight survival. We`d also like to wish him the best of luck at his new club and we await fate playing its hand and drawing Blackburn to play Fulham in one of the cups, it`s bound to happen isn`t it!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=285503#ixzz1yroXyeOW

WhiteJC

Player News: Philippe Senderos Converts To Islam

Philippe Senderos, he of long Swiss fingers via Spain and Serbia and Fulham FC, recently ditched his Christian faith to take up Shia Islam.

Philippe, a theology graduate, showed much interest in world religions and spent most of his time outside football reading up on religious matters before he embraced Islam.

"I am very interested in world religions and read a lot of books about that subject", Senderos once said in an interview with Arsenal Magazine.

"If I wasn't playing football, I would probably have become a priest", he added.

This news is a nice segue into an oldie, but goodie debate: would Senderos be getting laid (assuming he is getting some) if he wasn't rich? He's pale as mayonnaise but in a baby face, Uncle Fester sweet sort of way.

Yay or nay Kickettes?

http://www.kickette.com/player-news-philippe-senderos-converts-to-islam/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+kickette%2Ffeed+%28Kickette%29

WhiteJC

Fulham want Arsenal's Wales captain Ramsey to replace midfielder Murphy

Fulham are interested in Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey as a possible replacement for Danny Murphy.

Murphy, 35, completed his free transfer move to Blackburn Rovers on Monday on a two-year contract.

Wales captain Ramsey, 21, is settled at Arsenal but may find more competition for places as Arsene Wenger looks to bolster his squad.

Target: Fulham want to bring Ramsey (centre) to Craven Cottage

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2164619/Fulham-want-Aaron-Ramsey-replace-Danny-Murphy.html#ixzz1yrp9qPuu

ScalleysDad

Regarding the Senderos story. Take a look on the Cottage balcony. Not a girlfriend, wife, relation or good mate ...... its a harem of beauties.

(Mrs B that is chaps talk for a group of ladies with lots of qualifications, a driving licence and a very well paid job)

MasterHaynes

Quote from: ScalleysDad on June 26, 2012, 09:07:26 AM
Regarding the Senderos story. Take a look on the Cottage balcony. Not a girlfriend, wife, relation or good mate ...... its a harem of beauties.

(Mrs B that is chaps talk for a group of ladies with lots of qualifications, a driving licence and a very well paid job)

Maybe thats his reasoning he can't choose between them and wants to marry them all

Berserker

Quote from: ScalleysDad on June 26, 2012, 09:07:26 AM

Personally I think he would look better with hair, and I don't mind pale men myself, Mr Berserker is Scottish and therefore never inherited the tanning gene. Senderos does sound very intelligent though, would that make a footballer more attractive to women, rich and intelligent, or do you think that might go against them  :032:
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.