more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham favourites to sign Rangers goalkeeper Allan Mcgregor on a free

Started by NorthernWhite, June 27, 2012, 04:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

mr-ska

why do we need another keeper?? We've got 3 decent ones as it is..

YankeeJim

He is only 6". Rather small for a keeper. I've only seen Rangers play once and I don't recall if he was #1 for that or not. Is he good enough for this league?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I reckon this is rhubarb.

Martin Jol has already come out and said he will allow Stockdale and Schwarzer to battle for the first choice spot in pre season, why would we then sign another keeper?

MasterHaynes

Hammer Smith

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 27, 2012, 05:13:02 PM
He is only 6". Rather small for a keeper. I've only seen Rangers play once and I don't recall if he was #1 for that or not. Is he good enough for this league?
Six inches? I think he will tower above everyone else in a subbuteo team!

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on June 27, 2012, 05:15:34 PM
I reckon this is rhubarb.

Martin Jol has already come out and said he will allow Stockdale and Schwarzer to battle for the first choice spot in pre season, why would we then sign another keeper?
plus one

cottage cheese

i would like john fleck...a very good youngster that has the potential to do well in our league

EJL

McGregor was very very good for the first half of the season but then I think he went for a long period of time without a clean sheet.

HatterDon

Quote from: Hammer Smith on June 27, 2012, 05:22:52 PM

Dammit! You beat me to it, good sir.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jack Fulham

Quote from: cottage cheese on June 27, 2012, 05:47:14 PM
i would like john fleck...a very good youngster that has the potential to do well in our league

a very good youngster on football manager!

jarv

Why would Sunderland be interested? They just released Gordon, Scotland's no. 1 before he broke his arm, so why try to sign no. 2.

Stockdale for me :clap_hands:

YankeeJim

My gawd! Someone is alert out there.

YankeeJim

Quote from: HatterDon on June 27, 2012, 06:32:57 PM

Dammit! You beat me to it, good sir.

Your slowing down Donnie.  092.gif

Oiseau

I have a wacky theory (and I could be entirely wrong with this...?) that there are advantages to being a smaller keeper. While taller goalkeepers can command a greater height of the goal without jumping, smaller keepers can crouch down quicker? Modern Premiership goalkeepers are usually around 6'5 at least, though. Zoff and Gordon Banks were both only 6'1 but I suppose their team-mates were also smaller. Casillas is only 5'11 and Valdes is 6' but La Liga is quite different.

YankeeJim

I see your point. However, I would think that a shorter keeper has to rely on quickness. Positioning is something that has to be there regardless of height. Quickness is the first thing to go. I give you Freidal as an example. He's 6'5" and still playing very well at 40. Casitas is, I think, more of an anomaly. Are there other, older, quality short keepers?

Oiseau

^ I agree. It really does depend on the individual keeper and if they're a little taller, it can give them that extra inch when making a save. You're right about the speed and fitness issue. Our own Schwarzer is 6'5 and his catching ability is sublime. Jääskeläinen is 6'3, Van der Sar is 6'5 (but the Dutch are a bit of an anomaly given how tall their population is in general) and Cech is 6'5. Given is 6'1, though.

Berserker

What about arm length, long arms and big hands a positive or negative?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.