more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR in defence of tiki-taka football

Started by Bassey the warrior, June 27, 2012, 06:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: God The Mechanic on June 27, 2012, 11:36:01 PM
You saw how ineffective Negredo was, so it's hardly a surprise they stay away from using not fully proven out and out strikers.  Torres was absolutely incredible a few years back and Villa is simply phenomenal.  It could be down to an inability to "mix it up" so to speak, or it could just be that they wouldn't be as good or comfortable like that.

Once Negredo went off tonight they looked a greater goal threat too.  IMO Pedro needs to play as often as possible and one of Biscuits and Xabi Alonso needs to be dropped - they're too similar to play along side each other AND have Xavi in the side.  And Xavi ain't getting dropped.
Llorente should've got a look in, he's technically very good for a big man.

God The Mechanic

Yah, I rate him more than Negredo (mainly cos I haven't seen much of the latter, but have never been impressed when I did) but he could be absolutely knackered.  He's played an outrageous number of games this year, and Bilbao play like a bunch of crazies.  Of he could be doing a Ronaldo, and saving himself for the decider ;)

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: God The Mechanic on June 28, 2012, 11:11:50 AM
Yah, I rate him more than Negredo (mainly cos I haven't seen much of the latter, but have never been impressed when I did) but he could be absolutely knackered.  He's played an outrageous number of games this year, and Bilbao play like a bunch of crazies.  Of he could be doing a Ronaldo, and saving himself for the decider ;)
I can't see him playing any part to be honest. He'd be very rusty. Torres may get a recall or Fabregas will start.
Fabregas has really improved his game at Barcelona, many people expected he would be a back up but he's done really well.

Berserker

How well do people think Torres is playing?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Berserker on June 28, 2012, 01:22:17 PM
How well do people think Torres is playing?
Better than he's been for a long time but he's still not the same player he was. He took his goals against Ireland really well but didn't do a lot else. He's not really technical enough for this Spanish team and that's why he's being overlooked.