watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Narsingh & Sinclair

Started by LukeJennings, June 28, 2012, 10:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LukeJennings

Martin Jol is targeting a pacy, skilful winger as he aims to add greater penetration to the team's left flank, with the Swansea City and Heerenveen stars on his shopping list

28 Jun 2012 09:30:00 
MORE ON :  Fulham, SC Heerenveen, Swansea City, Scott Sinclair , Luciano Narsingh

Awesome   

Dislike   

Getty Images
EXCLUSIVE
By Wayne Veysey ¦ Chief Correspondent

Fulham are lining up moves for Swansea City winger Scott Sinclair and Heerenveen star Luciano Narsingh.
The two wide players are top of Martin Jol's shopping list as he aims to beef up the Premier League club's attacking options.

Open an account with Sportingbet today and get up to £50 in free bets!
Goal.com understands that the Fulham manager is targeting a fast, skilful player who can add greater penetration to the team's left flank.

Jol has been alerted to the possible availability of England Under-21 international Sinclair, who has only a year remaining on his Swansea contract, and Narsingh, whose Heerenveen deal also expires in 12 months' time.

Sinclair blossomed under Brendan Rodgers at the Liberty Stadium but the departure of his mentor to Liverpool has given Fulham hope they can negotiate a deal worth around £5 million.

The 23-year-old, a £1.5m signing from Chelsea, scored seven league goals for the Welsh club last season and was a key figure in their successful debut Premier League campaign.

Sinclair's career had stalled at Stamford Bridge, spending time on loan at six different clubs, and it was not until his move to the Liberty Stadium in the summer of 2010 that he began to fulfil the promise that persuaded Chelsea to sign him when he was 16.

Fulham are also closely monitoring Narsingh's situation as they weigh up their options for the wide positions.

Narsingh, who is valued at £6m, visited Fulham's training ground in May along with his club colleague Oussama Assaidi, who is now on the verge of joining Galatasaray.

The 21-year-old was called up to Holland's Euro 2012 squad following an outstanding season for Heerenveen in the Eredivisie. Narsingh weighed in with eight goals and a league-leading 20 assists.

Fulham are unlikely to make a formal move until the futures of prize assets Moussa Dembele and Clint Dempsey become clearer.

Dembele is being monitored by Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool and Tottenham, although there has not yet been a bid for the Belgium international.

Posted by Goal.com, so who would you prefer here? Narsingh or Sinclair?
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

SKSW6

The £5m quoted for Sinclair seems way off the mark, especially considering he's English. Henderson went for £17m and is a similar age, so I imagine if Sinclair went it'd be closer to that price than £5m. Think I've said it before on here, but would love Narsingh. Last I heard was that Ajax, the club he has his heart set on joining, agreed a €5.1m fee, although it could be bs.

twang

Quote from: SKSW6 on June 28, 2012, 10:29:15 AM
The £5m quoted for Sinclair seems way off the mark, especially considering he's English. Henderson went for £17m and is a similar age, so I imagine if Sinclair went it'd be closer to that price than £5m. Think I've said it before on here, but would love Narsingh. Last I heard was that Ajax, the club he has his heart set on joining, agreed a €5.1m fee, although it could be bs.

It's from goal, so it's safe to say that they have made it all up.

SKSW6

Quote from: twang on June 28, 2012, 10:30:33 AM

A very good point. I think Narsingh is more of a right-sided player too, contrary to what the article implies.

AlFayedsChequebook

£5m is probably what he is really worth, but because he is English his price will be more. Personally, I am sceptical - I would be happy to see him here but I wouldn't want Fulham to splash out big money on him

Bassey the warrior

Sinclair has a year left though.

twang

Quote from: SKSW6 on June 28, 2012, 10:47:16 AM
Quote from: twang on June 28, 2012, 10:30:33 AM

A very good point. I think Narsingh is more of a right-sided player too, contrary to what the article implies.

Exactly, he's been playing on the right in the front three consisting of Assaidi-Dost-Narsingh.

LukeJennings

Which of these would you prefer? Given Sinclair will probably be more expensive but take that out of the equation, of they both cost 5million then who would you prefer to have?
Twitter; @lukealele

Please subscribe!

ElissonSnygg

i'd definetely choose Sinclair but i'll be happy with both. Sinclair just had such a season, real break-through for him
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Mr Fulham

If Dempsey leaves, I'd take both.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Luciano Narsingh is seen by many as the 'Oxlade-Chamberlain' of Holland, the next big thing after a very impressive season in the Eredivisie.

I would quite happily take either, and will be cheaper than their actual value down to them only having a year left on the contracts.

I wouldn't pay more than £5m on Sinclair and from what I've heard, £5m is a bargain for Luciano Narsingh.

LukeJennings

I would max 6.5/7 for Sinclair and as frankie said 5 for Narsingh would be a good deal
Twitter; @lukealele

Please subscribe!

Bassey the warrior

I'd take Sinclair but I would rather have someone happy to play on the right wing. Playing Sinclair will stunt Frei's growth as they are the exact same kind of player.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: The Moose on June 28, 2012, 03:35:16 PM
Playing Sinclair will stunt Frei's growth as they are the exact same kind of player.

that's bs. Competition only makes you a better player.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 28, 2012, 04:00:30 PM
Quote from: The Moose on June 28, 2012, 03:35:16 PM
Playing Sinclair will stunt Frei's growth as they are the exact same kind of player.

that's bs. Competition only makes you a better player.
There's little point having two players who are exactly the same.

elgreenio

Must be the only one who doesn't particularly rate Sinclair then. Frei and Kaca is enough cover for LM. Narsingh though, I've only heard good things and 5mil sounds like a snip

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
touch my camera through the fence

twang

Quote from: elgreenio on June 28, 2012, 07:09:37 PM
Must be the only one who doesn't particularly rate Sinclair then. Frei and Kaca is enough cover for LM. Narsingh though, I've only heard good things and 5mil sounds like a snip

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Nope, I'm with you on this. He's not bad but certainly not great either, half of his 8 league goals this season were from the penalty spot for instance. I was more impressed by his team mate Dyer actually.

Narsingh on the other hand would be an extremely exciting signing. The fact that he's very quick and plays on the right, his 'right' side, means he would add something to the squad that we currently lack.

kiwiwaka

Sinclair wouldn't be bad, but left side isn't where we need to strengthen really. Would be nice to add some english talent into our squad though..