more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Music Thread

Started by Burt, June 29, 2012, 12:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Muse's Olympic anthem - "Survival".

I know it got a bit of a rough ride when it was released yesterday, but I actually quite like it... But then I am a sucker for anything to do with them.

Muse - Survival (New Song)

Berserker

Hope their new album is good as I'm going to see them in October : )
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Burt on June 29, 2012, 12:44:21 PM

I know it got a bit of a rough ride when it was released yesterday, but I actually quite like it... But then I am a sucker for anything to do with them.

I think this song is utter dross. It starts like a SuperTramp song, then wades into a Queen track with elements of Iron Maiden and Monty Python!

090.gif
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

MOR :

I do like "Faithless"...came upon this mash-up by accident but thoroughly enjoyable...

Adele v Faithless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zVTteITEDM#

zzamora

Discovered this little gem recently... what a song! Incubus - Drive

Burt

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 29, 2012, 01:36:07 PM

I think this song is utter dross. It starts like a SuperTramp song, then wades into a Queen track with elements of Iron Maiden and Monty Python!

090.gif

The perfect ingredients  :dft011:

Sheepskin Junior

Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

Berserker

I'll have to listen to Burts link for the Olympic tune when i get home, i can't get it on my phone or at work.  i'm interested now to hear if it is any good

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

It's a damn sight better than most of the official songs that get created for major sporting events.

Me likey like.

WhiteJC

for some reason I've drifted back to 1971...

southern comfort - take a message

by the way I think this is the worst album cover ever

Oiseau

There's something about warm weather and the Summer that makes me want to listen to certain artists... Johnny Flynn is one of my all time favourites although only at this time of year.

"The Wrote and the Writ"

Burt

Gribbit.

I quite like the Southern Comfort album cover. It's (ahem) different.

HatterDon

Quote from: Burt on June 29, 2012, 07:40:53 PM
Gribbit.

I quite like the Southern Comfort album cover. It's (ahem) different.

Is that the same band that was called -- back in MY day -- Mathew's Southern Comfort?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Travers Barney

little boy soldiers...the jam
We are the whites

Ron Sheepskin

Quote from: Travers Barney on June 29, 2012, 10:49:12 PM
little boy soldiers...the jam

Haven't heard that in years and years. I remember a mate of mine at school used the lyrics in an English lesson about poetry. You could have heard a pin drop as he read it out loud, and got to the "we killed and robbed..." line. Happily we had a teacher who thought he was young and groovy, so no sanctions followed.

I've been on a bit of a Boomtown Rats kick today myself, especially:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYQ_MBFmpi8#
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

mr-ska

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 29, 2012, 01:36:07 PM

090.gif
It is Rubbish..  the radio goes off when ever it comes on,  Painful.

Berserker

It's sounds very Teutonic to me. I think it is very much in line with the last album of Muse. I like it as it's weird but wouldn't have chosen it for the Olympic theme to be honest, as it is very heavy and strange, people will either hate it or like it, as you either love or hate Muse. 

- Martin Luther King Jr.