https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham close to signing

Started by Lighthouse, June 29, 2012, 04:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Fulham close to agreeing a deal with Bayer Leverkusen for defender Kadlec
by Northernwhite on Jun 29, 2012 2:50 PM BST

A report just out from the Dutch press have advised that Fulham are close to agreeing a deal to sign Czech left back, Michal Kadlec from Bayer Leverkusen.

The 27 year old defender generally plays as left back but can also play as a centre back and played 4 games for the Czech Replublic during 2012. Since 2008, Kadlec has played 103 times for Leverkusen and has made a total of 38 appearances for the Czech Replublic.

The Dutch web-site, ELF Voetbal are claiming the deal is nearly finalised and he is due for a medical in the coming days.

Interestingly, we've also been heavily linked with Buttner who tends to play left back (he can also play on the left wing) and also with centre back Tomas Sivok. As we currently have 2 left backs and 3 main centre backs, it does question whether one or more of our defenders may be leaving? The area of defence most people thought would be targeted immediately would be the right back position but Danny Simpson apart, most of our alleged targets play in the centre or on the left.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bassey the warrior

Very interesting. Do we think he'll dislodge Riise? Riise has generally done very well but his lack of pace is a problem.

Mr Fulham

doubt we'll see riise at Fulham next season if we sign that guy.

What a pointless signing

twang

If true I'd guess he'd be brought in as Brede's partner in central defence. Really impressed me in that position during the Euros, outshone his team mate Sivok who we have also been linked with.

General

tbh with you guys it sounds like we're trying to buy versatile players. Petric can play attacking mid, striker, lone striker and left wing. Kadlec can play CB and LB so I think it just gives us options. Don't forget you can also put riise in LM so there are tonnes of options and only from 2 or 3 players so don't get too disheartened - it's a good thing. Also the strength in depth may be a big contributor to us going higher up the table and being more comptitive from the off and in cup competitions. If we're going to try and get into europe and do well in domestic cup competitions we'll need a strong squad. My only concern is constantly signing these players for one year contracts. Diarra, Pogrebnyak and Petric are our last three signings and all are frees and only one year contracts.

Mr Fulham

Petric has been pretty shite when played as the lone striker tbh.

Burt

A bit of depth is no bad thing.

Nor is writing anybody off until we have seen them in action  :dft011:

Mr Fulham

General

also - based on various stories propping up on this site, if they're to be believed by midway through next week we may have signed another two players as there was also mention of us signing a midfielder from Serie A.

Mitch

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Mitch on June 29, 2012, 05:53:17 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 29, 2012, 05:20:28 PM
Quote from: Burt on June 29, 2012, 05:12:00 PM

Depth for 10m? No thanks.

Where did 10m come from?
Their first choice left back, starred for the Czechs during the EUROs, still contracted to Leverkusen until 2015, Leverkusen one of Germany's top sides, no financial pressure for them...= 10m+X.

Ordar

Well I would think that there's 4 main explanations:

1) Jol doesn't fancy Hughes or Senderos at cb
2) Jol is toying with the idea of playing JAR LM
3) Kadlec can play RB
4) All these rumours are rubbish.

Which are we thinking?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 29, 2012, 05:57:49 PM
Quote from: Mitch on June 29, 2012, 05:53:17 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 29, 2012, 05:20:28 PM
Quote from: Burt on June 29, 2012, 05:12:00 PM

Depth for 10m? No thanks.

Where did 10m come from?
Their first choice left back, starred for the Czechs during the EUROs, still contracted to Leverkusen until 2015, Leverkusen one of Germany's top sides, no financial pressure for them...= 10m+X.
Let's not second guess the club. We don't know the details yet. Or indeed if this is true.

Bassey the warrior

We are a club that has really grown in stature and global reputation over the past four years. We owe Roy a huge debt. There's no question our cup run did us a great deal of good long term. We are light years ahead of QPR and both Jol and Mo are showing lots of ambition. Glass is half full people.

fulhamben

defenders dont excite me. wheres our main striker
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Boggers

Quote from: General on June 29, 2012, 05:43:19 PM
also - based on various stories propping up on this site, if they're to be believed by midway through next week we may have signed another two players as there was also mention of us signing a midfielder from Serie A.

Pirlo?  098.gif
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Ordar on June 29, 2012, 06:07:18 PM

3) Kadlec can play RB

Which are we thinking?

3) is out as he can't play there, Riise left midfield sounds very unlikely. That leaves 1), 4) and 5) he is there to replace Riise.

HatterDon

Quote from: The Moose on June 30, 2012, 03:51:03 AM
Quote from: Ordar on June 29, 2012, 06:07:18 PM

3) Kadlec can play RB

Which are we thinking?

3) is out as he can't play there, Riise left midfield sounds very unlikely. That leaves 1), 4) and 5) he is there to replace Riise.

Another possibility is that Jol realizes that not everyone is going to play 90 minutes in 38 league matches and 2 cup matches and, as a result, he needs a squad filled with players who can step in when needed -- not to mention provide competition within the club.

Nah, not possible.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

sunburywhite

Only 2 cup matches Hatter Don? Not very optimistic are you
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Ordar

I take your point Hatter, but surely Briggs and Hughes/Senderos would be classed as sufficient cover for those areas if that were the case? Not to mention that Duff and Davies can play the fullback roles aswell. (in fact that would probably be the better position for both)