watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

from tiff regarding yilmaz

Started by fulhamben, June 30, 2012, 05:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

The current Trabzonspor front man is on his way out, and Fulham are one of two options he's considering, along with Serie A's Lazio.  The Turk has scored a whopping 55 goals in 75 appearances with Trabzonspor in the Super Lig, including an incredible 32 goals in just 30 appearances this past season, along with 9 assists.  At 6'2″, Here's the lowdown:

Yilmaz was originally to be dealt to Lazio.  They had all but agreed on pretty much everything they needed to agree on. In fact, Yilmaz was even quoted with saying the following:

I know that Trabzonspor and Lazio are still talking but I believe the outcome of these talks will be positive.To this I cannot say the deal is finished but I'm 80% sure that next season I will be playing in Italy. Within days I hope this should be finalised.

However, there was one problem: the €5 million release clause in the Turk's contract.  It was already agreed that Lazio would cover the cost, but how they would do so is what they're balking at.  The Italian side wants to pay the 5 mil in four different installments, whereas his current club want it all in one lump sum.  This hiccup could potentially kill the deal.

So, Yilmaz and his agent have traveled to Fulham, where they have reportedly come to a complete contract agreement.  Now, everything hinges on whether Lazio and Trabzonspor can agree on how to pay his release clause.  If so, that's where he'll end up.  However, if they can't agree and the deal completely falls through, it seems Fulham have him locked down.  Tottenham are also supposedly involved in the chase, but at this point it seems they're a distant third.
looks like we are being used again, and as such i dont want him even if lazio deal falls through

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mr Fulham

Still think he'll end up at Lazio.

cmg

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 30, 2012, 05:31:37 PM
Still think he'll end up at Lazio.

Me too. But there might be a ray of hope.

If I was the Trabzonspor president (or whatever), having already realised I'd cocked up the release price, I'd want to make sure I had a bag full of €5mil on my desk before letting him go. With the current economic situation in Italy and the ructions in the eurozone we might be using Euros for Kleenex this time next year, I wouldn't be wanting any deferred terms.