watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you take £10m for Dempsey?

Started by Burt, July 01, 2012, 05:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Apparently Newcastle and Spurs will bid £14 million.
https://twitter.com/#!/AgentNCP

Would be great business.

jarv

10 mill. NO. He has a minimum of 2 more great seasons in him. That means only 5 mill per season, can't replace him for that money.

14 mill. I would expect him to be gone.

panto

I wasn't comparing Demps and Konchesky. I was just saying he has seen old team mates shafted by the uncertainty at liverpool and it doesn't seem to have got rid of the uncertainty.
Also after the resurgence of Gerrard in the Euros will there be space for Demps. Gerrard will not want to do his Euro's role at Liverpool. He will want to be the free attacking midfielder, so Demps will have the Lampard problem but day in day out. I know that the article mentioned he will be a stricker but Dempsey just isn't an attacker, so he will be played out of position will he.     

MOR :

He's an International, our top scorer so shouldn't be let go for less then £15 million...

Mitch

Heart says no... keep him and see what happens and risk losing him on a free.

Head says yes... 1 year remaining, close to 30 and a decent fee.

That said, I'm a supporter, not a CEO, so I'm allowed to go with my heart. Keep him!

HatterDon

Clint is linked with Liverpool because the writers know that there's new American ownership there and Clint is an American. It's the same reason he was linked with AS Roma.

Look for Clint to stay in London for his family's sake -- and do his business at either the Cottage or The Emirates.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Walsh

Quote from: jarv on July 01, 2012, 10:03:09 PM
10 mill. NO. He has a minimum of 2 more great seasons in him. That means only 5 mill per season, can't replace him for that money.

14 mill. I would expect him to be gone.

He only has one season left on his contract then we will get nothing for him, so we will make quite a lot as we won't be paying his wages and will get 10 Million.

TonyGilroy

He's a very important player for us who will be expensive (and maybe impossible) to replace.

No doubt a big offer will be accepted but a lesser offer could be rejected as the price of one more season. That also leaves open the possibility of persuading him to sign a new contract during the season if things are going well. There's no reason why we couldn't have a season as good as Newcastle's with the outside hope of a Champions League place. Arguably our chances are no worse than Liverpools.

There's also the question of whether we're prepared to lose Dembele AND Dempsey. If a big offer is accepted for one I think we should keep the other.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 02, 2012, 09:06:20 AM

He's a very important player for us who will be expensive (and maybe impossible) to replace.

No doubt a big offer will be accepted but a lesser offer could be rejected as the price of one more season. That also leaves open the possibility of persuading him to sign a new contract during the season if things are going well. There's no reason why we couldn't have a season as good as Newcastle's with the outside hope of a Champions League place. Arguably our chances are no worse than Liverpools.

There's also the question of whether we're prepared to lose Dembele AND Dempsey. If a big offer is accepted for one I think we should keep the other.

This is the crux of the issue - with premier league money being so ridiculous, is it worth keeping them and going for broke this season or taking the money and selling?

After initially believing we would see them both depart, I am now pretty convinced one, if not both, will stay this season. They will only go if a high money offer is put in. I am also pretty convinced we wont be selling them late in the day and will hold firm a la schwarzer.

JBH

Correct me if I'm wrong but Im sure Clint said that he wants to play Champions League football when he leaves Fulham so why the hell would he accept a move to Liverpool?

If he ends up at Anfield then it will mean that he actually left for Money and nothing else because we have as much chance of gettting CL football as Liverpool  :028:

Two Ton Ted

A shame King Kenny's gone, they would have offered at least £20m for Dempsey...
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Mitch

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on July 02, 2012, 10:37:21 AM
A shame King Kenny's gone, they would have offered at least £20m for Dempsey...

I think that was more down to Comoli than that eejit.

mccscratch

I always find it humorous when everyone needs to make a "return on investment".... We bought Clint for like 2 million quid... he has paid that back over and over again each season.... We have gotten about as good of a return on investment as one can expect... if he went for a free next Summer I am fine with that... I want him for one more season to see what this team with Dembele, Dempsey, Ruiz and all the other great cast can do.... lets be spenders for once and not sellers and buy a goal scoring strong hold up CF and make a run at this...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

MJG

We are also a business that pretty much loses money every year. Somewhere around 10M is quite a large amount of income for us and with a new stand to be built may well be needed.

ToodlesMcToot

Given his age and contract situation, I'd snatch that 10 million and run for the hills. Would be a great deal for us. Without a bidding competition for him, I can't see us getting near that number though.

I'd love to see him stay, but not at the cost of him going on a free at the end of the season.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude