News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone remember TJL? Used to post on here...

Started by Burt, July 01, 2012, 07:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

...he was (is) a resident of Sark and I got to thinking of what he is up to nowadays after reading a piece in the papers earlier today about the "revolution" currently happening on the island against the Barclay twins.

It has all culminated (via the jumble sale at the village hall) in Felicity Belfield using her motability scooter (no cars are allowed on the island) and the resignation of the island's only doctor.

Absolutely bugger all to do with football generally, or Fulham in particular, but just got me thinking of Mr TJL and his posts about whether France had disappeared, sheep, etc.

Whimsical thoughts over.

Have a good evening, y'all.

WhiteJC

whenever I see a score line of 3 - 1 I always think of tjl

mabster

Burt, what years were you at Nottingham uni?
Assume the real not Trent?

Burt

Quote from: mabster on July 01, 2012, 07:52:48 PM
Burt, what years were you at Nottingham uni?
Assume the real not Trent?

Yes... Uni rather than Poly (as it was then).

I graduated in 1989.

You?

HatterDon

the impact Mr. tjl has had on this site is such that this sort of thread pops up about every 6 months or so.

I also think of him any time a match ends 3-1. I hope he's well. He made a lot of friends here.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

CorkedHat

Yes I miss him too. We talked once about Dusty the Shepherd taking over some of his prize sheep to run against Sark's best mutton providers in the Sheep Race of the Century, but I think TJL got wind that one of Dusty's sheep was the ovine equivalent to Black Caviar, and I heard nothing more.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

LBNo11

...I tried to contact Tom last December to ask how he and his dodgy knee (I remember he was due a knee op in December 2010) were but his e-mail came back as "Undelivered Mail - Return To Sender" I have enquired with a site in Sark if anyone knows how he is. On the off chance I get a reply I'll post it...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

Quote from: LBNo11 on July 02, 2012, 07:41:02 PM
...I tried to contact Tom last December to ask how he and his dodgy knee (I remember he was due a knee op in December 2010) were but his e-mail came back as "Undelivered Mail - Return To Sender" I have enquired with a site in Sark if anyone knows how he is. On the off chance I get a reply I'll post it...

Would be good to see what he is up to. Always enjoyed his posts.