more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: gillingham have been thrown out of training ground! so happy

Started by cottage cheese, July 04, 2012, 11:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cottage cheese

Gillingham ordered to leave training ground by Council
Gillingham have been ordered to leave their training ground after failing to pay bills.

Medway Council claims the League Two side owe more than £34,000 in unpaid utility bills and charges for using Beechings Cross.

The council says the Kent club's use of the facility is "without permission" and considers them to be trespassers.

It will begin legal proceedings if the Gills do not hand back the keys to the ground by Friday.

Alan Jarratt, deputy leader of Medway Council, said: "The money owed is not a small figure, and it is public money provided by the taxpayer. It would not be right, or fair to taxpayers or those that pay their rent, to ignore this.

"It is a shame that it has come to this. The Gills is an important part of the community and we are keen to support our local team.

"We have tried as hard as we can to negotiate with the club and find a way through, but they have failed to talk to us.

"Now, as all our efforts have been ignored, we have to evict them from the ground."

No-one from the club was available to comment.

wooo, ive hated them since the pulis days and im glad  they are  suffering the bunch of thugs

MJG

Cleared off by the council as they need to make more room for the pikey caravans that they all live in dowm there.

beijing ben

Quote from: MJG on July 04, 2012, 11:42:23 AM
Cleared off by the council as they need to make more room for the pikey caravans that they all live in dowm there.

064.gif

So true..

Meerkat

Quote from: MJG on July 04, 2012, 11:42:23 AM

I have you know I live in a very nice bungalow in kent thank you!!! :53:

Jonno

That's the one club I wouldn't care less if they disappeared forever. And I don't even wish that on QPR or Brentford.

Admin

I used to live in Rochester, 2 miles from Gillingham, it's an absolute dump hole AKA the Medway Towns, you can also add Chatham and Strood to that list as well. I was on a YTS at Gillingham, was released when I was about 17, at that time their training ground was at Eccles near Maidstone and the likes of Darren Freeman, Paul Watson, Chippy all Ex Fulham players trained there.

The Chairman of Gillingham F.C is Paul Scally, a right horrible bloke with a massive chip on his shoulder. Looks down his nose at you and is as dodgy as hell. He rinses Gillingham dry by running other companies through it and I wouldn't put it past the bloke if he's laundering a bit of money. I think he's been investigated before.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, Scally has been pissing Medway Council off for years and I'm not suprised they've done this. They want him out and the club sold to an investor that will do something good with it. If you look at Gillingham, they have a massive fan base which is untouched all the way down to Charlton.

Meerkat

Scally now lives in Dubai, say's he knows nothing about the £34,00 owed to medway council.  Agree with you that he is a horrible bloke it is never anything to do with him, strange seeing it is his club.  I think the majority of fans would be happy to see him go, they are starting the season without a manager, and training ground.  Living in Maidstone my feelings are it couldn't happen to a nicer club if they go bust.   

Admin

Quote from: Meerkat on July 05, 2012, 11:28:54 AM
Scally now lives in Dubai, say's he knows nothing about the £34,00 owed to medway council.  Agree with you that he is a horrible bloke it is never anything to do with him, strange seeing it is his club.  I think the majority of fans would be happy to see him go, they are starting the season without a manager, and training ground.  Living in Maidstone my feelings are it couldn't happen to a nicer club if they go bust.   

I live in Maidstone also.

beijing ben

Gillingham could be a massive club. Thankfully, due mainly to Scally, they are not. I'm from Sittingbourne originally. Hate Gillingham with a passion..

Meerkat

Quote from: beijing ben on July 05, 2012, 12:05:05 PM
Gillingham could be a massive club. Thankfully, due mainly to Scally, they are not. I'm from Sittingbourne originally. Hate Gillingham with a passion..

Funny how many local people hate them with a passion.

Meerkat

Quote from: Admin on July 05, 2012, 11:45:58 AM
Quote from: Meerkat on July 05, 2012, 11:28:54 AM

I live in Maidstone also.

Do you it would be great to see Maidstone Utd climb back to the lower division, now established back in town.  Are you planning to go to any games this season.  Ground looking good. Maidstone was were I got my taste of live football my father use to take me, that was many moons ago at the London Road ground.   

beijing ben

Quote from: Meerkat on July 05, 2012, 12:06:47 PM
Quote from: beijing ben on July 05, 2012, 12:05:05 PM

Funny how many local people hate them with a passion.

Being the only Fulham fan surrounded by people that have Gillingham as their second team is my reason. Spurs, West Ham supporters etc. who didn't make the effort to go to those games and went to Gillingham instead out of convenience.. Not really sure why others hate them but i'm not complaining. Hate away..