watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Peter Harrison, Football agent - Very interesting accusations

Started by NorthernWhite, July 05, 2012, 09:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernWhite

Did anyone on here who uses Twitter see Peter Harrison's rants last night about Phil Gartside, the Bolton Chief Exec, Sam Allardyce and his agent mates?

He was accusing Allardyce and Gartside of deliberately upping transfer fees and then using "favourable" agents as an intermediaries to get additional fees that they split. He was naming agents, bank accounts in Gibralter and all sorts. Very damning stuff.

Interestingly, it's not the 1st time he's done this but they've not taken legal action previously and he was goading them to start now so he could lift the lid on a lot more in court.

He came across as very bitter but he's said before how corrupt (allegedly) certain chairman, managers and agents are and he's happy to go to court to prove it all.

You'd think with these sorts of accusations flying around, if it wasn't true, he'd have been in court in a flash or at least threatened with court proceedings.

Andy_M

I was thinking the exact same thing that if there was no truth in it he'd be straight in court.
@got_maile

AlFayedsChequebook

The financial state of Bolton is one of the things glossed over when people discuss Allardyce 'working on a budget'

His spending spree on wages for free transfers went a long way to nearly bankrupting the club.

NorthernWhite

Some articles on why he might be, shall we say, unhappy with Allardyce and Mark Curtis. Hardly squeeky clean himself but there could be some interesting times ahead if this all comes out and some nervous people. Then again, would the FA really deal with it or just sweep it under the carpet to protect "the good name" of football?

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/north-east-news/2011/12/04/bankrupt-agent-football-agent-peter-harrison-speaks-out-79310-29890592/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2040773/Andy-Carrolls-agent-reveals-footballs-dirty-secrets.html

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Berserker

Isn't he into Moneyball, can somebody explain it as i'm a bit ignorant in that area
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

valdeingruo

Quote from: Berserker on July 05, 2012, 01:17:27 PM
Isn't he into Moneyball, can somebody explain it as i'm a bit ignorant in that area

Moneyball is when you spot an underperfoming player, get him in on the cheap and if he starts playing well, you either have a good player or can turn a profit. If done properly its a great way to operate. There are alot of stats etc that go into it but thats my basic understanding of it. It was first used in baseball i belive.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

AmericanJames

Quote from: andersons11 on July 05, 2012, 08:40:33 PM
Quote from: Berserker on July 05, 2012, 01:17:27 PM

Moneyball is when you spot an underperfoming player, get him in on the cheap and if he starts playing well, you either have a good player or can turn a profit. If done properly its a great way to operate. There are alot of stats etc that go into it but thats my basic understanding of it. It was first used in baseball i belive.

Its the idea of using certain statistics to build a team of under valued players that fit a system of play that puts there strengths as the focal point of the team and also developing your own talent instead of going after overvalued transfers/free agents. It originated in baseball under Billy Beane of the Oakland A's and was used successfully in the early part of the decade. So much so that the story of it and the maths behind it were turned into a book and subsequent movie and many other baseball teams started using similar strategies. When the San Jose Earthquakes were purchased by the ownership group of the A's Billy Beane was brought in to develop a similar system pertaining to football especially since the MLS has a salary cap system and maximizing each dollars value is crucial. That being said I do not know how well it has translated to football but it is a very interesting idea.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult